Adjustable rubber rack straps, where to buy?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 14th 18, 07:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Adjustable rubber rack straps, where to buy?

On 14/09/18 14:27, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/13/2018 9:06 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 4:21:10 PM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:

I am not using it for heavy loads, just for sensitive ones. For heavy
loads I have cinch straps and heavy duty bungees.

You should put your delicate cargo in a pannier.

Grant Peterson recently publicized an interesting trick. In his example,
the delicate cargo was an expensive camera of some kind.

He was using a bike with a metal front basket. He used two cargo nets.
One he stretched across the top of the basket to form a sort of
trampoline. The camera sat on top of that net, suspended above the baset
floor. The other net went above the camera to hold it down and keep it
from bouncing out.

Sounds good for shaking something up by amplfying every bump.

It seemed to me that would work pretty well, assuming you had a basket
on your bike.

I always preferred to carry my camera in a snout bag mounted on my chest
supported by a pair of straps going over shoulders and crossing on the
back. My legs tend to be very good at smoothing out bumps.

Second preference was the handlebar bags that mount on a forward
projection holder. A couple of short shock cords to the front rack
damped bounces.

(It wouldn't work for Joerg, of course.)

If you need more capacity, buy a trailer.Â* I'm sure your wife would
allow you to buy a bicycle trailer, maybe.

Maybe...

Alternatively, you can build one. Yet Another B&*&$% Bicycle Trailer
seems to be a common meme on youtube.

Toe Straps [email protected] Techniques 17 April 6th 09 08:39 PM
fs: Toe-Straps Mike Marketplace 0 July 28th 06 06:24 PM
Yakima roof rack: No rear tire rubber road adapter? Dave Smith Techniques 17 April 25th 05 01:45 AM
Bike rack straps and spoilers Tim Lapin General 2 August 25th 03 02:33 AM
Bike rack straps and spoilers Tim Lapin Techniques 2 August 25th 03 02:33 AM