Dahon Impulse D6 vs. Giant Halfway

Old May 30th 05, 08:30 PM
Zoot Katz

Mon, 30 May 2005 14:51:43 -0400, ,
"C.J.Patten" wrote:

I hear thunder claps outside so now seems like a good time to get it coated.
Heard it takes a while to dry. Multiple coats a good idea for tube
interiors? (for finishing furniture it sure is

Steel isn't as absorbent as wood so I don't know that multiple coats
would help.

Getting it on all the surfaces is the tricky part but I doubt the
proprietary products aren't any better at that.

A paint additive called "Penetrol" dries more quickly but is also hard
to find.
--
zk
Old May 30th 05, 09:10 PM
Joe Canuck

C.J.Patten wrote:

"Jon Senior" jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk wrote in message

C.J.Patten wrote:

p.s. what can I spray inside the frame to inhibit corrosion? Something
designed for this purpose...?

http://www.framebuilding.com/Framesaver.htm

Bottom of the page. Ceeway will ship abroad, but given this is a US
product, you may find it cheaper to buy when you return home.

Congrats on the bike. May you enjoy many happy hours of
fold-unfold-fold-unfold. Perhaps you might even ride it at some point. ;-)

LOL! Thanks Jon!

My bike is sitting serenely in the middle of my basement flat, folded in
half.

I figured out what the odd, trapezoid bracket protruding on the bottom is:
it's a stand for when it's folded!!! It stands up on it's own! 8D

I'm dying to get out on it but it's going to rain today so I'm taking the
car to find some Frame Saver... there are enough bike shops around,
someone's gotta have it!!!

TTYS!
Chris

Congrats on the bike, may you enjoy many hours of enjoyable riding and
service from it.

WD-40 might work as well. After it dries it leaves an oily residue. Also
available in bulk instead of spray.
Old May 31st 05, 11:03 PM
David Nutter

On 2005-05-30, C.J.Patten wrote:
Zoot Katz" wrote in message
. ..

If you're unable to find Frame Saver , boiled linseed oil will do the
job.

Thanks Zoot! I called several dozen bike shops. It seems NOBODY within a 100
miles of home has "Frame Saver."
I ended up getting the boiled linseed oil.

Waxoyl (an ancient rust preventative for car bodywork and subframes) might
be a little easier. I believe you can get it in an aerosol can these days.

Nasty gloopy, smeary stuff though. Keep it inside the tubes.

Regards,

-david