womens sport in muslim countries

Old February 9th 10, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

Default womens sport in muslim countries

Scott wrote:
On Feb 8, 3:53 pm, "A. Dumas" wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
Victoria Pendleton

For me, the only one possibly challenging for
faster-prettier/prettier-faster leader.

If we're talking current riders, perhaps. Let's not forget Marianne
Berglund, if we're open to retired riders.

On retired, yes its also worth noting, as you say Berglund, but a few more
here. Catherine Marsal was cute when she was much younger and Van Moorsel
was a glamour girl.

http://www.google.com/images?q=Nicole-Brandli
http://www.google.com/images?q=Odessa-Gunn
http://www.google.com/images?q=Lynn-Gaggioli

In Carl's crowd, Deb Shumway was cute. I speak with a few of these riders on
occasions. Cindy Olavarri, not pictured also is a partner in a bike shop in
Bezerkly.
http://www.procyclingwomen.com/Team-1986-USA.jpg

Old February 9th 10, 12:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
thecoz11

On Feb 8, 6:10*pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" wrote:
"GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote in message

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

On the riders worth consideration, it seems Google images doesn't find
results as well with last name first, so corrected these...

http://www.google.com/images?q=Martina-Patella
http://www.google.com/images?q=Svetlana-BUBNENKOVA
http://www.google.com/images?q=Erika-VILUNAITE
http://www.google.com/images?q=Alona-ANDRUK
http://www.google.com/images?q=Rasa-LELEIVYTE
http://www.google.com/images?q=Kristina-Seley
http://www.google.com/images?q=Giulia-LAZZERINI
http://www.google.com/images?q=Veronica-LEAL

Dumbass -

Why are you leaving out Rochelle Gilmore?

http://bf-one.com/z-1/Renkwartier/Ro...chelle-gilmore...

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Bubba said that you're fast too Kurgan. But seeing you naked running
from him really turns him on.
Coz
Old February 9th 10, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

http://bf-one.com/z-1/Renkwartier/Ro...more-1-com.jpg

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

I left Hatch out, but there...
http://www.google.com/images?q=Liz-Hatch

Gilmore is a ten body wise, but her face is not that cute, IMO, Tiff is
cuter.

Gilmore Center..
http://tinyurl.com/ye8vx4f
http://www.tiffanyjane.com.au/conten...ny%20Nov08.jpg

Old February 9th 10, 01:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 09:07:01 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

1) She is (among women's cyclists) arguably faster than anyone prettier,
and prettier than anyone faster. This inspires rbr in various ways.

I think you've nailed it!

Now, if only you could...

Old February 9th 10, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger[_8_]

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

On the riders worth consideration, it seems Google images doesn't find
results as well with last name first, so corrected these...

http://www.google.com/images?q=Martina-Patella
http://www.google.com/images?q=Svetlana-BUBNENKOVA
http://www.google.com/images?q=Erika-VILUNAITE
http://www.google.com/images?q=Alona-ANDRUK
http://www.google.com/images?q=Rasa-LELEIVYTE
http://www.google.com/images?q=Kristina-Seley
http://www.google.com/images?q=Giulia-LAZZERINI
http://www.google.com/images?q=Veronica-LEAL

Dumbass -

Why are you leaving out Rochelle Gilmore?

http://bf-one.com/z-1/Renkwartier/Ro...more-1-com.jpg

You make a good point.
Old February 9th 10, 03:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

James Raia makes the case for Erica. I agree on the looks part.

5. A U.S. woman emerging as a global star. Mix the moxie of Missy Giove
(minus the drug charges), the tough-as-nails-but-sweet personality of Alison
Dunlap and the determination of Kristin Armstrong. OK, we'll say it . . .
throw in a little clevage. Ride like hell. A star is born. Erica Allar,
women's cycling needs you.

http://tinyurl.com/y8ohndj
http://www.examiner.com/x-1155-Cycli...he-pro-peloton

Old February 9th 10, 04:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

On Feb 9, 1:32*pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:
Scott wrote:

http://www.google.com/images?q=Nicol...=Lynn-Gaggioli

In Carl's crowd, Deb Shumway was cute. I speak with a few of these riders on
occasions. Cindy Olavarri, not pictured also is a partner in a bike shop in
Bezerkly.http://www.procyclingwomen.com/Team-1986-USA.jpg

Sarah Ulmer
Old February 9th 10, 04:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

On Feb 9, 10:02*am, ilan wrote:
On Feb 8, 4:38*am, Henry wrote:

I should know better, but it is a genuine question.

We were watching some womens bike race, I think it was in Qatar, and
the wife commented that it was fecking hot and why did they all have
their jeyseys zipped (I was wondering too, but not the same reason
I made the assumption it was to do with islam and modesty, but of
course have no idea. I have read that in some islamic countries women
have their own sports facilities so that no men get corrupted; so no
beach volleyball then, let alone swimming! Who was that Dutch swimmer
that posed in that white suit....
I can't imagine Saudi allows any womens sport. As for Afghanistan in
the Taleban era I believe it was a capital offence to fly a kite let
alone ride a bicycle.

And. What _is_ this thing with Liz Hatch ?

If I remember correctly, the Islamic Republic of Iran had a women's
team in one of the last Olympic Games in shooting, which allowed them
to wear their modest garb (since this sport doesn't require much
physical exertion).

Otherwise, there have been a number of very successful female athletes
from Islamic countries which do not strictly observe Islamic law. In
particular, Nawal El Moutawakel of Morocco who won the 1984 100m
hurdles was one of the first. There is also Hassiba Boulmerka, a top
middle distance runner of the 1990's from Algeria. There was much
pressure from Islamic fundamentalists due to her wearing skimpy
running attire and she eventually had to move to Europe to train. She
is currently athletes representative for the IOC and had to choose
between London and Paris for 2012, if I recall correctly, she was all
excited to meet Bernard Hinault who was representing the Paris bid.

-ilan

I saw someone in a recent series of modern pentathlon (the running,
shooting thing) who had everything covered except her face; she kicked
ars and won.
Old February 9th 10, 05:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred

On Feb 8, 8:36*pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

James Raia makes the case for Erica. I agree on the looks part.

5. A U.S. woman emerging as a global star. Mix the moxie of Missy Giove
(minus the drug charges), the tough-as-nails-but-sweet personality of Alison
Dunlap and the determination of Kristin Armstrong. OK, we'll say it . . .
throw in a little clevage. Ride like hell. A star is born. Erica Allar,
women's cycling needs you.

http://tinyurl.com/y8ohndjhttp://www...d15-The-2010-s...

Cuter than a new puppy.