Bib short recommendations

Old August 11th 11, 08:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

Default Bib short recommendations

I'm on my way to Paragon sports to pick up some bib shorts - I had a
laundry incident.

Fit is such a personal thing that I won't ask about that, but I'd like
to know people's opinions on what bib shorts of the current crop are
the most durable. I'm reading all sorts of stuff about stitching
letting loose on higher end bib shorts and don't want to join that
club.

Old August 11th 11, 08:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

RicodJour wrote:
I'm on my way to Paragon sports to pick up some bib shorts - I had a
laundry incident.

Fit is such a personal thing that I won't ask about that, but I'd like
to know people's opinions on what bib shorts of the current crop are
the most durable. I'm reading all sorts of stuff about stitching
letting loose on higher end bib shorts and don't want to join that
club.

Flintstein would tell you white bibshorts are best to show off detail on
your aeo (or otherwise) package.
Old August 11th 11, 09:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Aug 11, 3:14*pm, Simply Fred wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

I'm on my way to Paragon sports to pick up some bib shorts - I had a
laundry incident.

Fit is such a personal thing that I won't ask about that, but I'd like
to know people's opinions on what bib shorts of the current crop are
the most durable. *I'm reading all sorts of stuff about stitching
letting loose on higher end bib shorts and don't want to join that
club.

Flintstein would tell you white bibshorts are best to show off detail on
your aeo (or otherwise) package.

I know that! My white bib shorts were the ones that had the laundry
incident. And I have the full complement - the aeiou including the y
and w package, thank you very much.

What shorts do you find most durable?

Old August 11th 11, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 8/11/2011 2:14 PM, Simply Fred wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
I'm on my way to Paragon sports to pick up some bib shorts - I had a
laundry incident.

Fit is such a personal thing that I won't ask about that, but I'd like
to know people's opinions on what bib shorts of the current crop are
the most durable. I'm reading all sorts of stuff about stitching
letting loose on higher end bib shorts and don't want to join that
club.

Flintstein would tell you white bibshorts are best to show off detail on
your aeo (or otherwise) package.

A local club has a sponsor logo, a cheesecake vendor, on the ass
of their bibshorts. I've asked them what the hell they were
thinking, never got an answer.

Get Assos. I mean, this is rbr, is it not?

Old August 12th 11, 09:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

RicodJour wrote:
What shorts do you find most durable?

I do still have an Assos from circa 2001 so they must be fairly durable,
if only to prevent them from tearing when Assos girl rips them off of
you, although I haven't bought another Assos since then so I don't know
what the later ones are like. Higher end Adidas seems quite durable, not
sure if its available in the US.

Old August 16th 11, 07:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Aug 12, 4:48*am, Simply Fred wrote:
RicodJour wrote:
What shorts do you find most durable?

I do still have an Assos from circa 2001 so they must be fairly durable,
if only to prevent them from tearing when Assos girl rips them off of
you, although I haven't bought another Assos since then so I don't know
what the later ones are like. Higher end Adidas seems quite durable, not
sure if its available in the US.

I was hoping Paragon would carry Assos, but no such luck. I ended up
getting some Giordanas. My sister lives two blocks away and Paragon
carries her firm's swimwear, so I got a 30% discount on top of their
current 20% off promotion. I was happy with that.

I tried on about a dozen bibs and the Giordanas were the only ones
that really fit well. The variance in sizing from one manufacturer to
another makes indications like Medium and Large totally meaningless.
Some of the bibs were all over me - like a bum on baloney.

I think the Pinarello Lifestyle girl is smoking. I like the way she
proudly displays her bib camel toe in the catalog. Sorry, no link
available.

Old August 16th 11, 12:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

RicodJour wrote:
I think the Pinarello Lifestyle girl is smoking. I like the way she
proudly displays her bib camel toe in the catalog. Sorry, no link
available.

Oldie, 2003: http://ewoud.home.xs4all.nl/cycling/pin_fiets0803.jpg
"Any halfway decent bike racer can handle a surprise attack."
Old August 16th 11, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 8/16/2011 1:20 AM, RicodJour wrote:
I think the Pinarello Lifestyle girl is smoking. I like the way she
proudly displays her bib camel toe in the catalog. Sorry, no link
available.

This one?

http://italiaanseracefietsen.files.w...ng-cropped.jpg

I've gone off before about white shorts.

Old August 16th 11, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Aug 16, 10:23*am, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
On 8/16/2011 1:20 AM, RicodJour wrote:

I think the Pinarello Lifestyle girl is smoking. *I like the way she
proudly displays her bib camel toe in the catalog. *Sorry, no link
available.

This one?

http://italiaanseracefietsen.files.w...9/pinarello-20...

Well, that's not bad at all, but no. The one I'm referring to is a
short-haired brunette chick wearing gray/grey bib shorts. She's
standing full frontal, legs spread with some serious camel toe, and
with a "Weeeeeee!" expression on her face. The chamois cut is really
weird - it's heart shaped so it dips down in front so we can check out
her naughty bits. I think it's a brilliant design.

I've gone off before about white shorts.

....you mean you've gone off before in white shorts? Ew.

Old August 16th 11, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

RicodJour wrote:
I'm on my way to Paragon sports to pick up some bib shorts - I had a
laundry incident.

Fit is such a personal thing that I won't ask about that, but I'd like
to know people's opinions on what bib shorts of the current crop are
the most durable. I'm reading all sorts of stuff about stitching
letting loose on higher end bib shorts and don't want to join that
club.

Flintstein would tell you white bibshorts are best to show off detail on
your aeo (or otherwise) package.

A local club has a sponsor logo, a cheesecake vendor, on the ass
of their bibshorts. I've asked them what the hell they were
thinking, never got an answer.

Get Assos. I mean, this is rbr, is it not?

Assos is an rbr approved "best buy".

Why not take the short cut. thirty-six Racing 7 August 13th 11 08:26 PM
Endura Hummvee Short Recommendations seani UK 20 September 7th 07 05:20 PM
36 for a short guy scotthue Unicycling 7 July 25th 07 08:58 PM
RR: (Short) Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 3 May 1st 06 10:40 PM
Recommendations for mountain bike for short guy. BarryNL Mountain Biking 25 April 29th 05 10:55 AM