Well lubed jockey wheels

Old September 13th 18, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Well lubed jockey wheels

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 18:55:29 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 9/12/2018 4:55 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 2:25:08 PM UTC-7, James wrote:
On 12/09/18 12:34, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 3:54:54 PM UTC-7, James wrote:
I recently got annoyed by the propensity for my jockey wheels to run out
of lube. The trouble I suspect is that it is difficult to adequately
lubricate them during assembly, so I made it possible to lubricate them
after they are assembled.

I bought a grease syringe that fits my grease gun, and I drilled a hole
into the jockey wheel such that I can pump grease directly into the
middle of the plain bearings.

Campagnolo jockey wheels use a soft metal outer bearing material, so it
was easy to drill through the plastic wheel and the bearing material.

Dude, these are the ONLY pulley wheels you will ever need: https://tinyurl.com/yb2lnw6c Only $500 USD.

Hold your breath while I rush out and buy some.

Well, perhaps you are not as good as Peter Sagan or Romain Bardet! https://www.ceramicspeed.com/en/spor...nsorship/road/ For those of us who push the limits of human performance, every watt saved means a potential stage win or GC placing. A full compliment of Ceramic Speed bearings and their specially treated chain allowed me to podium yet again on the way to work this morning! I was met at my building by the podium girl: http://nationalreport.net/wp-content...ith-2-dogs.png She also had her podium dogs.

-- Jay Beattie.

they're everywhere but your image was almost bearable:

https://isthmus.com/downloads/40988/...558f5fd60ec9ca

image doesn't convey the stench of a block-long group

The reference shows three rather obese women. Homeless but well
nourished.
Old September 13th 18, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 9/12/2018 7:21 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
[...]

Correct term is "nutritionally challenged due to food
insecurity" which requires a bigger program and more funding
despite every similar failure.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old September 13th 18, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 07:21:36 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

The reference shows three rather obese women. Homeless but well
nourished.

Amply, but not well.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

---
https://www.avg.com

Old September 14th 18, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at 2:55:24 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Yeah, we've got you J. I got a copy of "Fast Over 50" and was rather surprised at how accurately it depicted the reduction in performance with age. 3 years ago when I was sprinting to catch a light I could hit 36 mph and I could hold 28 mph for relatively short periods of time on the flats. Now that same sprint is 27 mph and I'm lucky to hold 23 mph on the flats. Though I'm climbing a whole lot - I'm getting close to 5 Mt. Everests, I am now so slow up hills that kids on scooters are passing me...

At almost 74 I am not at the point at which the increase in performance from training is less than the decrease from aging. Crap.

Well, at least I'm not denying it and hating on other people who suggest otherwise. If I recall, that crap with Jobst started when I rode with him and he was climbing in a 48-19. I suggested that he could probably do a better job at his age with a 39-25 and he went Jobst on me.
Old September 14th 18, 05:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, September 14, 2018 at 8:43:46 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Three tips: (1) EPO! Nobody is going to test your blood/urine. I think some of the old KOM dudes on Strava are juicing. (2) Remove all instrumentation, and then you can claim to be going much faster and farther than your are, and (3) only ride with people slower than you. Other options include Gruber assist https://www.electricbike.com/gruber-assist/ and strategic excuses, e.g. "oh, I just got a heart lung transplant and am feeling a little off my game," etc., etc. I'm going to write a book for riders over 60 with some more real-world stuff in it and not a lot of dopey training tips and dreams of keeping up with 23 year old Cat 2s.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old September 14th 18, 08:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 9/14/2018 11:43 AM, wrote:
[...]

I've been adjusting my attitude for years. It helps me to browse a Frank
Patterson sketchbook. I figure I can always do this kind of cycling:
https://78.media.tumblr.com/b594569c...1kro1_1280.jpg

Stopping at the top of a hill, ostensibly to look at the view,
pretending I'm not out of breath. Gotta buy me some plus fours, though.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old September 15th 18, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 15:23:51 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/b594569c...1kro1_1280.jpg

When I lived in New York, there was a spot on Krumkill Road that was
like that. I always stopped to say "Ye cats, I was way over there,
way down there, and I got up here all on my own!"

The prettier view was in the other direction.

Jockey Wheels Dan O Techniques 2 July 20th 10 06:31 AM
Jockey Wheels taz UK 0 May 7th 07 03:31 PM
Jockey wheels seized John UK 5 January 15th 06 10:39 AM
When Jockey Wheels Explode Bill Henry General 2 October 15th 05 09:22 AM
Help - jockey wheels LSMike UK 8 July 18th 05 09:20 AM