[totally OT] NYT Article about Intelligent Design

Old August 28th 05, 09:04 PM
Ernst Noch

Default [totally OT] NYT Article about Intelligent Design

Thought some people here might be interested in this article by Daniel
C. Dennett about Intelligent Design

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/28/op...l?pagewanted=1

Mainly just applying Popper, but a nice read nonetheless.

With some creativity, one might even be able to abuse his method of
reasoning for on topic stuff.
Old August 28th 05, 09:15 PM
Bill C

Default NYT Article about Intelligent Design

Ernst Noch wrote:
Thought some people here might be interested in this article by Daniel
C. Dennett about Intelligent Design

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/28/op...l?pagewanted=1

Mainly just applying Popper, but a nice read nonetheless.

With some creativity, one might even be able to abuse his method of
reasoning for on topic stuff.

Thanks for that. As people have said "For those who believe no
explanation is necessary, for those who don't none is possible." And I
haven't seen any evidence of divine intervention. I have seen a handful
of people who are absolute geniuses at manipulating the public, and
creating power for themselves to the detriment of the world.
Bill C

Old August 28th 05, 09:21 PM
Howard Kveck

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4133&n=2

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old August 28th 05, 09:30 PM
Bill C

Howard Kveck wrote:
In article , Ernst Noch wrote:

Thought some people here might be interested in this article by Daniel
C. Dennett about Intelligent Design

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/28/op...l?pagewanted=1

Mainly just applying Popper, but a nice read nonetheless.

With some creativity, one might even be able to abuse his method of
reasoning for on topic stuff.

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4133&n=2

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Here's another example of dangerous morons at work:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W164251BB

SMYRNA, Tenn. -- Members of a church say God is punishing American
soldiers for defending a country that harbors gays, and they brought
their anti-gay message to the funerals Saturday of two Tennessee
soldiers killed in Iraq.

I can't think of a whole lot that is more despicable or disgusting than
this, on so many levels. The term "lowest form of life" comes to mind.
Read the rest if you have the stomach. I'm surprised that this
administration didn't send an official envoy out with the protesters.
Bill C

Old August 28th 05, 09:30 PM
Robert Chung

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/08/19...ism_flyin.html

Old August 28th 05, 09:34 PM
Bill C

Robert Chung wrote:
Howard Kveck wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4133&n=2

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/08/19...ism_flyin.html

http://www.ology.org/principia/
Bill C

Old August 28th 05, 10:15 PM
Philip Holman

"Ernst Noch" wrote in message
Thought some people here might be interested in this article by Daniel
C. Dennett about Intelligent Design

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/28/op...l?pagewanted=1

Mainly just applying Popper, but a nice read nonetheless.

With some creativity, one might even be able to abuse his method of
reasoning for on topic stuff.

"Fortunately for physicists, there is no powerful motivation for such a
band of mischief-makers to form. They don't have to spend much time
persuading people that quantum physics and Einsteinian relativity really
have been established beyond all reasonable doubt".

A shaky foundation for a start. Quantum physics and relativity are
incompatible and there are large numbers of dissenters (mainly kooks)
who especially do not believe in relativity. Sci.phys prays for a
unifying theory real soon.

Phil H

Old August 28th 05, 10:25 PM
benjo maso

"Jeff Jones" jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com wrote in message
Ernst Noch wrote:
Thought some people here might be interested in this article by Daniel
C. Dennett about Intelligent Design

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/28/op...l?pagewanted=1

Mainly just applying Popper, but a nice read nonetheless.

With some creativity, one might even be able to abuse his method of
reasoning for on topic stuff.

RBR is proof that Intelligent Design is a load of ********. Discuss.

I'm not sure, although it must have been the devil who made the design.

Benjo

Old August 28th 05, 11:46 PM
Tom Kunich

"Bill C" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ernst Noch wrote:
Thought some people here might be interested in this article by Daniel
C. Dennett about Intelligent Design

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/28/op...l?pagewanted=1

Mainly just applying Popper, but a nice read nonetheless.

With some creativity, one might even be able to abuse his method of
reasoning for on topic stuff.

Thanks for that. As people have said "For those who believe no
explanation is necessary, for those who don't none is possible." And I
haven't seen any evidence of divine intervention. I have seen a handful
of people who are absolute geniuses at manipulating the public, and
creating power for themselves to the detriment of the world.

I spent all day climbing up a road in order to get to a downhill on which I
went 35 mph through a series of chicanes. There were several riders who
passed me near the top and several on the downhill but I passed them all
like they were standing still.

So did that happen accendently or through intelligent design?

Old August 29th 05, 01:53 AM
Peter Allen

Tom Kunich wrote:

I spent all day climbing up a road in order to get to a downhill on
which I went 35 mph through a series of chicanes. There were several
riders who passed me near the top and several on the downhill but I
passed them all like they were standing still.

So did that happen accendently or through intelligent design?

'I'm not fat, I'm just... intelligently designed'

[AD] Free web design Richard Quick UK 6 August 22nd 04 09:43 PM
Bad Journalism - Bicycling Lance Article WillW General 26 July 31st 04 05:14 AM
Salon article on a new school of traffic design Joe Riel Social Issues 8 June 1st 04 04:03 PM
Turn Six Dollars Into Sixty Thousand Dollars frank General 0 February 5th 04 05:54 PM
Anyone Remember this Article About Lance?? Andy Coggan Racing 3 August 2nd 03 12:13 AM