Disc wheel covers still available in any shops?

Old February 16th 12, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Disc wheel covers still available in any shops?

I know that many years ago you could get a nylon fabric cover that
would a 700C wheel to make it look like a disc wheel. Are such covers
still available in any bicycle shops?

Cheers
Old February 16th 12, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

try DC or Philly early August

Old February 16th 12, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

http://www.amazon.com/Nickelodean-Ex.../dp/B006UYVJ9Q

Old February 16th 12, 01:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Feb 15, 8:03*pm, Dan O wrote:
On Feb 15, 4:35 pm, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I know that many years ago you could get a nylon fabric cover that
would a 700C wheel to make it look like a disc wheel. Are such covers
still available in any bicycle shops?

http://www.amazon.com/Nickelodean-Ex...tweight-explor...

I asked about *WHEEL COVERS*!

Cheers
Old February 16th 12, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Graham

"Sir Ridesalot" wrote in message ....
On Feb 15, 8:03pm, Dan O wrote:
On Feb 15, 4:35 pm, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I know that many years ago you could get a nylon fabric cover that
would a 700C wheel to make it look like a disc wheel. Are such covers
still available in any bicycle shops?

http://www.amazon.com/Nickelodean-Ex...tweight-explor...

I asked about *WHEEL COVERS*!

Cheers

They are still made by several manufacurers. Here's just one example on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mavic-cosm...item256c626e86
Old February 16th 12, 02:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Feb 15, 6:35*pm, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I know that many years ago you could get a nylon fabric cover that
would a 700C wheel to make it look like a disc wheel. Are such covers
still available in any bicycle shops?

Cheers

You may find that you could make these yourself using Coroplast.

This stuff looks somewhat like cardboard but is really plastic and it
comes in several colors.

Hope this helps you.

Lewis

*****
Old February 16th 12, 07:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I know that many years ago you could get a nylon fabric cover that
would a 700C wheel to make it look like a disc wheel. Are such covers
still available in any bicycle shops?

25+ years ago, it was a product called 'Uni Disc'. Lycra
disc with an aluminum hoop and spoke nipple attachment
clips. Haven't seen one in years.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old February 16th 12, 07:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Feb 16, 2:12*pm, AMuzi wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I know that many years ago you could get a nylon fabric cover that
would a 700C wheel to make it look like a disc wheel. Are such covers
still available in any bicycle shops?

25+ years ago, it was a product called 'Uni Disc'. Lycra
disc with an aluminum hoop and spoke nipple attachment
clips. Haven't seen one in years.

--
Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/
* Open every day since 1 April, 1971

BINGO! That's the exact ones I remember Bloor Cycle in Toronto,
Ontario, Canada selling when I worked there around the mid-1980's.

I do have a pair of carbon fibre wheel covers but they were designed
to fit a 32 spoke traqck hub. I'm going to slit one of them so that it
will fit flush to the spokes on the freewheel side of the wheel wheel.
All I need to do now is figure out the best way to attach it to a 36
spoke wheel since the velcro strips don't line up well enough to be
secure as I want. Sew it to the spokes with dental floss perhaps?

Thanks and cheers
Old February 16th 12, 09:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On Feb 16, 7:24*pm, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Feb 16, 2:12*pm, AMuzi wrote:

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

More velcro? Wire across the spokes (in rings) and attach the velcro
to the spanning wiring? I called a century old version of this wheel
style as having Ezekiel rings if you want an index for whe whatsisname
directed us to some piccies.
Old February 16th 12, 09:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

Default Ezekiel rings Disc wheel covers still available in any shops?

On Feb 16, 2:12*pm, AMuzi wrote:

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Carl Fogel pointed to:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fixedge.../o/in/pool-611
Look at the rings in the front whhel of the bike to the right.