Looking for exploded view of 105 sti triple lever.

Old March 24th 12, 01:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Looking for exploded view of 105 sti triple lever.

I have tried Googling this but not come up with anything.

Your help will be appreciated.

TIA

Lewis

*****
Old March 24th 12, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
I have tried Googling this but not come up with anything.

Your help will be appreciated.

Shimano sells a part called "complete STi lever" which is
why you were stymied to find smaller bits.

It does not look at all like this:
http://www.rideyourbike.com/images/e...eroverhaul.jpg

Bill Cotton is the STi expert, see if this helps:
http://www.billcotton.com/sti_shifter_repair.htm

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old March 24th 12, 06:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gregory Sutter

On 2012-03-24, wrote:
I have tried Googling this but not come up with anything.

Your help will be appreciated.

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/te...9830672564.pdf

http://techdocs.shimano.com/

Share and enjoy.

--
Gregory S. Sutter Mostly Harmless

http://zer0.org/~gsutter/
Old March 26th 12, 04:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bfd[_2_]

On Saturday, March 24, 2012 10:41:24 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
wrote:
I have tried Googling this but not come up with anything.

Your help will be appreciated.

Shimano sells a part called "complete STi lever" which is
why you were stymied to find smaller bits.

It does not look at all like this:
http://www.rideyourbike.com/images/e...eroverhaul.jpg

Bill Cotton is the STi expert, see if this helps:
http://www.billcotton.com/sti_shifter_repair.htm

Another resource is this site where a guy not only document taking apart but also putting back together both 9 speed Ultegra AND 9 speed Dura Ace STI levers:

http://www.norvil.net/pedal/service/...osti/index.php

The biggest obstacle is like what Andy Muzi stated, Shimano does NOT sell any small parts, so you'll probably have to cannibalize other broken STI levers to fix one. Also, despite the photos and description, it does not look easy to do and definitely is not user-friendly like Campy. Good Luck!
Old March 26th 12, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

wrote:
[...]

I've done trigger shifters. It's not fun, but it was doable and worth
the exercise. That said--perfectly good 8 speed flatbar shifters are
thirty bux and change, why bother?
Old March 26th 12, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

Why bother? Flatbar, that is why.

Lou

For Sale - SHIMANO Ultegra ST-6603 Triple STI Brake Shifter Lever Kit- NEW IN BOX speedemmon Marketplace 1 May 12th 10 02:14 PM
my tire just exploded yesterday brianluvsunis Unicycling 6 May 7th 08 02:17 AM
My bike EXPLODED! Jack Sprat Techniques 83 November 11th 07 05:38 PM
my tube exploded riq Unicycling 4 February 20th 07 08:19 PM
WTB: Tiagra or 105 STi lever set triple front 9 speed rear MIke Randall Marketplace 1 February 24th 04 05:07 PM