Cinelli Contact Handlebars - any good?

Old May 11th 05, 04:04 PM
bryanska

Default Cinelli Contact Handlebars - any good?

I have an old Cinelli expander-nut quill stem that accepts only bars
with Cinelli's proprietary 26.4mm size. I'm using ancient round bars,
and want to try ergo drops. But bars in 26.4mm are hard to find.

I've found a couple pairs of Cinelli Contact drop handlebars online.
The bar itself has a kooky triangular shape in the bend and drops (the
flat side faces up).

They're supposed to be comfy for distances. Anyone have any experience
with these Cinelli Contact bars?

Old May 11th 05, 06:18 PM
bryanska

Or -

Has anyone tried a threaded - to threadless adapter? Do those work OK?

Or -

Can I use a wedge quill stem in the same frame that came with an
expander-nut stem?

Old May 12th 05, 06:05 PM
Chalo

bryanska wrote:

Has anyone tried a threaded - to threadless adapter? Do those work

OK?

Yes. Steel is stiffer than aluminum for this application, if that
matters to you.

Can I use a wedge quill stem in the same frame that came with an
expander-nut stem?

Yes.

Chalo Colina

Old June 2nd 05, 04:12 AM
bryanska

Triumph!

I bought the Cinelli Contact bars. They work great, nice ergo option
for those with a 26.4 mm Cinelli stem.

As for the hard-to-find plugs, I modifieed standard ones.

If you take a Dremel tool to a standard plastic Cinelli end plug, the
plug will fit. Cut off every other "peg" that slips into the bar. This
will leave three in a triad shape.

With the cork tape tucked into the bar end, you will get plenty of
friction to hold the modified end plug nice and tight in your Cinelli
Contact handlebars.

Billy removes support from Peewee (seeXXXVII for a Laugh) Di Social Issues 3 October 29th 04 05:31 AM
Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
aus.bicycle FAQ kingsley Australia 4 December 14th 03 11:08 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Another day another ride another good deal.... Doesnotcompute UK 2 August 5th 03 11:47 PM