ZZipper or Mueller for TE?

Old August 27th 03, 07:56 AM
Dr. Duk

Default ZZipper or Mueller for TE?

Mike Rice wrote:
My Tour Easy should be here in three weeks grin. I want to have a
fairing ready and waiting and was hoping for opinions. I know the Super
ZZipper is what Easy Racers offers, but have read somewhere that the
Mueller is quieter. The ZZipper looks to have a somewhat rounder nose, I
wonder if there's any difference in performance.
Anybody with experience care to compare the two?
Thanks,
Mike Rice

My ZZipper should be in the bike shop this week for my TE. I researched
the Mueller and the ZZipper b4 I purchased the later. The reason being
that it was recommended for the TE because of the weight of the Mueller
and the change in handling characteristicsthat the Mueller created. I
have read about the noise of the ZZipper but I guess I would rather have
a little noise than to create a non-performing TE.

Old August 27th 03, 06:29 PM
Bruce Griffin

There is a way to eliminate the road noise one gets with the Zipper
fairing on a TE, GRR of TIR. Replace the bottom fairing mount with a
piece of flexible 3/16" thick piece of rubber cut into a 1" strip and
folded into a 180 degree bend. Simply fasten each of the ends onto
the existing fairing mounts.
My brother devised this mount and it works exceptionally well and
takes the road noise away without undo flex. A sample has been sent
to Gardner. The flexible rubber strip is about 2 1/2" long before
folding into a 180 degree bend.

BG

Old August 27th 03, 07:29 PM
B17 GUY

I have a Zipper on my US made EZ-1 and a Mueller on my Stratus.

The Windwrap is quieter,more stable and gives better coverage.

I would go for the Mueller.

The weight difference is in ounces,not a big deal.

Guy

Old August 28th 03, 05:00 AM
Steve Fox

What weight?

What handling characteristics?

Dr. Duk wrote:

Mike Rice wrote:
[...]

McKinleyville, CA
http://members.cox.net/steve.fox

Old August 29th 03, 03:42 AM
B17 GUY

When we ordered the EZ-1 from Tour Easy some years back the Zzipper fairing was
a factory installed accessory.

Perhaps a call (is Luke still there?) would get you the model number.

Guy