ZZipper or Mueller for TE?

Old August 31st 03, 02:09 AM
Dr. Duk

Default ZZipper or Mueller for TE?

[ Also, Dr. Duk mentioned ' the change in handling characteristicsthat
the Mueller created'. This is the first I've heard of this & would
greatlyu appreciate some elaboration.

Mike Rice

Mike:

When I was rsearching the difference between the Mueller and ZZipper I
read an article written by Bob Bryant of RCN Magazine. In this article
he tested both fairings and in his judgement the ZZipper (faired)
better then the Mueller. He said that he noticed that the Mueller
changed the handling characteristics of the TE he was testing. That is
the only record of my statement. My fairing has not arrived in the BS
ao hopefully in the very near future I can update my TE and by the way
I Jussssssssttttttt love my TE. It is a great bent and well deserved
of its reputation and following. Good Luck. Dr. Duk

Old August 31st 03, 06:22 AM
REDBENT

Hi Guy's!

What I got from Bruce Griffin's post is that you take a piece of 3/16"
thick rubber, cut it into a piece 1" wide X 2 1/2" long. Bend it in
half. Place it over the end of of the ZZipper mount that is on the front
fork and bolt the ZZipper back on.

What I did was use a piece of rubber that was 1/8" thick X 3/4" wide X 2
3/8" long because that's what I had in the garage. I bent it over the
fairing mount and drilled a 1/4" hole through both ends of the rubber.
Then mounted the fairing. From the front side of the fairing the order
is: the bolt, the nylon washer that comes with the bolt, the rubber
washer that comes with bolt, the fairing, one end of the piece of
rubber, the mount, the other end of the rubber, the nylon wing nut. I
did this on both sides.

I don't know if this is how Bruce did it but it did work for me. I did a
ride today of about 7 miles and no road noise form the fairing.

I used 1/8" thick rubber and think that if you used 3/16" thick rubber
that you would have a hard time getting the the wing nut back on without
using longer bolts. But I could be wrong.

Mike, my wife and I both have TE's and don't know how we ever survived
riding anything else. Good luck!!

--
Wayne

Old August 31st 03, 01:51 PM
Randy Brown

Wayne - Thanks for the followup posting. I'll give this mod a try.
Old August 31st 03, 01:51 PM
Randy Brown

Wayne - Thanks for the followup posting. I'll give this mod a try.