TdayF 2007 podium: 1. Moreau 2. Vino 3. Contador

Old June 21st 07, 08:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Default TdayF 2007 podium: 1. Moreau 2. Vino 3. Contador

Michael. wrote:
Oh and how can this list be made without including someone from CSC.
Sastre is a good bet for the podium too.

Schleck (the older) looks like a reasonable dark horse for a podium as
well. Maybe next year both Schleck's can do the tour; I wonder if two
brothers have ever finished on the podium in the tour.

Old June 21st 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark VandenBerghe

Mick Rogers

-Mark VandenBerghe

"Donald Munro" wrote in message
. com...

Old June 21st 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tuschinski

Well... Dekker remains on the list for me.

Old June 21st 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael.

On Jun 21, 2:20 am, Michael Press wrote:
In article
. com,

"Michael." wrote:
Personally, I'm looking forward to the possibility of no one rider or
team dominating. Even Di Luca had his bad days in the Giro, he just
managed them exceptionaly well.

How did you determine that Di Luca had bad days?
I saw him keeping everybody on a leash.

--
Michael Press

Okay so perhaps I have become a little jaded, and I now consider any
day that a GC contender loses more than a handful of seconds to a
rival, as a bad day for that GC contender.

I was thinking in particular of Stage 17 where Di Luca lost 32
seconds to Schleck and 51 seconds to Simoni.

If Di Luca was comfortable with Schleck getting that time, I have a
feeling it may well be the last time anyone lets Andy get time on them
by their own choice.

General classification after stage 16

1 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Liquigas
73.43.12
2 Eddy Mazzoleni (Ita)
Astana 1.51
3 Andy Schleck (Lux) Team
CSC 2.56
4 Gilberto Simoni (Ita) Saunier Duval -
Prodir 3.19

General classification after stage 17

1 Danilo Di Luca (Ita)
Liquigas 77.35.35
2 Andy Schleck (Lux) Team
CSC 2.24
3 Gilberto Simoni (Ita) Saunier Duval -
Prodir 2.28

Old June 22nd 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Michael." wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 20, 9:15 pm, bar wrote:
On Jun 18, 3:29 pm, Kyle Legate wrote:

Andre wrote:

I would add Kloden to the list. I would take Decker off the list.
Levi
seems to be a serious contender, not an outsider, I would remove
Contador due to lack of experience. I would maybe even add Evans to
the list.

Levi is a serious contender for Schumacher's chief water carrier.

Exactly. Levi can rock the Amgen TdC and Copperopowhatever, but he
just isn't in the same league as guys like Vino and Christophe when it
comes to three hard weeks in France in July.

Kloden will probably limp to a top 5 spot, too, but he'll do it all on
his own as every other member of Astana will be there for Vino. Also,
keep an eye on one Chris Horner -- I'm betting he's good for at least
one stage win.

Someone else mentioned him, but I think that Evans needs to be taken
seriously. He almost matched Moreau in the mountains, was in sight of
Vino on the TT and, has enough experience in three week GTs to have
learned not to peak too early.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the possibility of no one rider or
team dominating. Even Di Luca had his bad days in the Giro, he just
managed them exceptionaly well.

Oh and how can this list be made without including someone from CSC.
Sastre is a good bet for the podium too.

Sastre will not be a factor. Cadel will be. Moreau is going to be hard to
beat this year I'd think. Kloden will also be a problem but I think that
Vino is going to be his own worst enemy.

Contador the New Indurain? Tom Kunich Racing 39 March 23rd 07 07:11 AM
Theoretical TDF Podium - Cadel on podium? Gemma_k Australia 3 June 30th 06 03:19 PM
Moreau Andre Racing 0 June 30th 06 01:52 PM
Contador vs. Dekker Tuschinski Racing 7 June 19th 06 06:16 AM
Alberto Contador Bret Wade Racing 15 March 27th 05 03:20 PM