Moab / Theft / This community is great!

Old April 3rd 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
smcmorrow

Default Moab / Theft / This community is great!

Hey, as everyone who was at Moab probably knows, Our rental car was
broken into in our hotel parking lot sometime during Friday night of
the festival. Whoever broke in was trying to steal the car (we suspect)
but could hotwire it. So they took everything of value that was in the
car; including my uni.

I talked to Rolf and he let me borrow a unicycle of his own for the
weekend (Thank you Rolf!)
At the pasta dinner on Saturday he announced that my uni had been
stolen and requested that we pass around a hat so everyone could donate
a few dollars to fund my new uni. When the hat was finished passing
there was $300 in it!

I am really impressed that everyone was willing to donate to buy a guy
they'd never met before a new uni. I don't think I could get that kind
of support from anyone else. You guys are great!

In addition, John Drummond from Unicycle.com has offered to give me a
discount on a new unicycle, which is very generous of him.

I just wanted to make it known that everyone who donated to my new uni
fund gets a well deserved thank you. I am very appreciative.

Thanks,
Seamus

P.S. The uni that was stolen was an older model QU-AX 24" Muni with a
rail adapter seat post. If anyone sees this uni for sale on EBAY or
anywhere else please let me know immediately so I can notify police and
catch the thief. Thanks again.

--
smcmorrow

\"It's knot gonna make it!\" -threeinchtire
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 3rd 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicaw89

What kinda uni are you gonna replace it with?

--
Unicaw89

CODY [/b]FREAKING* WILLIAMS
'[b]DIRTY BIRD VIDEO!!*' (http://www.vimeo.com/824231)
'PAINFUL UNI VID!!! ' (http://tinyurl.com/yundmf)
'RenegadeJuggling.com' (renegadejuggling.com)

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
If the sun came out at night id be nocturnal....

http://www.usenet.com
Old April 3rd 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

Wow. A bad situation (flying out to Utah to have your unicycle stolen
before a weekend of riding) turned into a positive situation
(unicyclists coming together, loaning you a unicycle, and helping you
fund a new one). Once again this shows how great and generous the
unicycle community is towards each other.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland

James = my name
'This' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout) = my myspace
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 3rd 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gnonim

I read this then told my wife the story, before I could comment she
stated how nice the unicycle folks are. Hopefully you'll have your
new ride soon, and hopefully they'll also nab the person or people who
did this.

--
gnonim
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 3rd 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
musketman

wow, thats great. and yea im sorry about that. id be ****ed perdy good.
but $300 would definitly help for a new uni. teehee! nice.

and .... i LOooooooOOove Moab, but last time i was there some teens
drove by and shot me with airsoft guns while i was just riding around
in town. hah..didn't really bother me, but yet i felt perdy ****ed for
a second or 2 there. well anyway...yea goodluck in picking out your
new uni!

--
musketman

MUSKETMAN
www.unicycle.com
For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain

kissing isn't what keeps me up to my elbows in placenta all day long...
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 5th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
colin340

nimbus 2 24"
sorry to hear about your UNi
but this is a great exsample of how great the uni community is

--
colin340

what i do when not in the saddle
'first robotics ' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMT3V5VBqJo)
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 5th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chexjc

This is like the kind of story you might hear from your grandfather .
Thanks for sharing and I'm glad it worked out for you and to be part of
such a great community.

--
Chexjc

www.myspace.com/thelostguitarist
AIM: Guitardude88
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JasonCheckla
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 5th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle6869

That's awesome and that is how most unicyclist are. Very nice and
friendly, which is one of the reasons why I've stuck with it for over
18 years...went to every NAUCC since '92, every Unicon since '94 and
every MOAB since '06 and plan to go to them for years and years to
come!

--
unicycle6869

Jamey (formaly tuna6869)

www.unipr'oshop.com' (http://www.uniproshop.com)
http://www.usenet.com

Community pressures.... Tony Raven[_2_] UK 3 September 24th 07 09:04 PM
community gallery brockfisher05 Unicycling 1 April 1st 06 08:33 PM
The state of the community Jerrick Unicycling 0 February 28th 06 04:21 AM
RRR Community Cup cfsmtb Australia 8 June 27th 05 08:12 AM
Community definition... tomblackwood Unicycling 3 May 7th 04 03:07 PM