Moab Highlights thread

Old April 3rd 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicaw89

Default Moab Highlights thread

Well im seeing more and more photos emerge from the spectacular event.
Along with a great shot of the "helmet story". This event only happens
once a year, so lets talk about it, what was your favorite moab
highlight? Be it something you did, something you saw, or just
something funny that grabbed your attention...

--
Unicaw89

CODY [/b]FREAKING* WILLIAMS
'[b]DIRTY BIRD VIDEO!!*' (http://www.vimeo.com/824231)
'PAINFUL UNI VID!!! ' (http://tinyurl.com/yundmf)
'RenegadeJuggling.com' (renegadejuggling.com)

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
If the sun came out at night id be nocturnal....

http://www.usenet.com
Old April 3rd 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

My personal favorite riding moment was on Jackson's Trail (the
singletrack down from Amasa Back, also known as "Death On Your Left.").
There is one segment with a ton of exposure, with a complex
double-drop, about 18 inches onto a rock and then maybe a little less
than three feet down to the trail. Chris and Lloyd had just hopped
down it, but I hate hopping, so I looked at it for a bit and then
rolled it solidly, first time.

That highlights my other favorite thing about the trip, which was that
I helped encourage three Berkeley folks who had never been to Moab to
come along, and all three of them did a ton of great riding and had a
lot of fun. Everyone did stuff that they didn't think they could do;
that's what Moab's all about, getting opportunities to push your
limits.

And, of course, just getting to see and ride with a bunch of folks
who've become good friends over the years. This was my sixth MMF and I
can't wait for my seventh!

--
tholub
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 3rd 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

Highlights for me include:

The large group gladiator contests at the skatepark on friday, a lot of
fun with that many people.

Dismantling unicycles, and riding trials at the campground with
Spencer, Phil, and Joseph (and Amberly)

Passing clubs in the park, and other juggling fun stuff.

Seeing people I've met before and meeting so many new people I couldn't
keep track of who was who half the time.

--
forrestunifreak

I will, because I can.
'*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
*www.qu-ax.com* *unicycle for
christ*

Joe "Hodgekins" wrote:
Oh... they don't kick bricks, do they?

http://www.usenet.com
Old April 3rd 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mgrant

- Uni basketball friday evening with some really great riders.
- Amassa Back (what a great ride!)
- Riding back down the moab rim trail with John Foss (what a nice
guy).
- The generosity of all the attendees when a unicycle was stolen from
the parking lot of a local hotel.
- Everything else.

-mg

--
mgrant

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
breath, and one day closer to death.
michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/34my5c
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 3rd 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicaw89

I gotta say I loved the Lemming race! And watching the big guy carry
that camera all the way to the top of the trail! Oh hehe, and finally
landing that crankflip down the halfpipe!

Old April 3rd 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
smcmorrow

Of course the generosity of all you folks for funding my new uni. But
also getting a chance to ride with such great riders like Nathan and
Beau Hoover, Seth, Josh, John and Gilby to mention a few. The Moab Rim
Trail was probably the best ride I've ever had and Amassa Back was a
close second

--
smcmorrow

\"It's knot gonna make it!\" -threeinchtire
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 4th 08, 01:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Riding highlight:
Coming down the giant "ramp" at the end of the Moab Rim, I made it from
top to bottom with only nine dismounts, and only two little spots I
couldn't figure out how to get through. Nine may sound like a lot to
some of you, but success was building upon success in my mind, making
me better as I got further down. When what I expected was to run out of
leg-braking power pretty fast (my Wilder doesn't have brakes)

People highlights:
- Seeing old friends again
- Making/meeting new ones
- Traveling with the Hoovers; what a great family to spend time with!
- Also riding the Moab Rim with MGrant; we were the last unicyclists up
there, apparently. Thanks for taking my pictures, which I've yet to
download...
- Being in the right place at the right time to be able to give Rolf
some ibuprofen out on the trail after he'd hurt his ankle
- Making people happy with my old T-shirts

Misc:
- Starting each day pretty fresh instead of sore! (training pays)
- The "flying T-shirt" at Amasa Back
- Near-perfect weather (and no rain!)
- Winning the Bill Gilbertson Photo Package when there were hardly any
substantial prizes left

Thanks again to the Thompsons and all the other volunteers who worked
hard to make another successful Moab Muni Fest! I'll post in the other
thread when my pictures are up...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 4th 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aspenmike

Highlights:
-Sixth MMF, my how it has grown
-Sleeping under the stars, on the red dirt
-Chillin with my daughter
-Moab Rim's downhill(s)
-First time in shorts since November
-hiking up Moab Rim with the Film Crew (when asked if I could carry
anything, they responded "NO"), and mostly appreciating their
appreciation for the Moab area.
-Meeting new friends and hanging with old friends

Rolf, Janeen, and Family, THANK YOU

--
aspenmike
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 4th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Seager

I'm going to have to go with buying a coker, nightly beer drinking
around a fire lit with WAY to much white gas, and passing fire on a
giraffe for the film crew.

There was also a sweet dust storm on Sunday night, but I think only a
few people were left for that.

Oh, and doing Amasaback on thursday AND saturday! Wooh!

--
Seager

'The GreyMatter Jugglers' (http://www.greymatterjugglers.com) | 'Team
RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com) | 'Unexpected Failure
Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com) | 'Moab'
(http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 6th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
poofengle

Seeing Krazy Karl was a sight to be sure!

[image:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z.../DSC00732.jpg]

but my favorite part was learning a new trick, and bringing my friend,
who hadn't been to a munifest before. His face was priceless when we
first arrived at the skatepark, he was awestruck at how many unicylists
there were, and just stood there staring lol

--
poofengle

"Anything not worth doing is worth not doing well. Think about it."
http://www.usenet.com