I'm glad that people here finally realize that LemonD is a tool

Old April 12th 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Default I'm glad that people here finally realize that LemonD is a tool

On Apr 12, 3:12 am, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

So he was extremely talented. Big ****ing deal.

You're right, it is.

Genes aren't something one controls and he lucked into it. His
behavior was something that he could control and he didn't. I've got
no respect for him whatsover.

I'm not particularly fond of his last couple of decades, and will
rarely miss an opportunity to take a cheap shot at greg, but while he
was riding, there was palpable joy. That's the way it's supposed to
be, instead of the grim, machine like efforts we see from too many top
level riders.

Old April 12th 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message

So he was extremely talented. Big ****ing deal.

(Translation: "I'm nothing and I HATE anyone who is something."

Genes aren't something one controls and he lucked into it.

So what?

His behavior was something that he could control and he didn't.
I've got no respect for him whatsover.

Maybe you ought to look in a mirror as far as that goes.

Old April 12th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Hobbes@spnb&s.com

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 06:08:23 GMT, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:

| I can't recall anything that's brought GREG back into the news in many,
many
| years that didn't damage my opinion of him. I thought so much more of him
when I
| wasn't thinking of him.
|
| If anyone is damaging his reputation it is he. Nobody else is responsible
for
| inserting him into these stupid situations.

Regardless, he remains one of the great cyclists of all time. I'm not
suggesting he's in the top-3 or 5 or whatever, but he would have given pause
to any of the top cyclists, ever, were they to race with him. He was an
amazing talent, possibly the best "natural cyclist" ever (meaning that it
seemed like he was bred to ride a bike... it came easily to him, or at least
seemed to).

There are very few examples of world-class athletes who would seem, in all
regards, to be well-balanced people with their egos in check. Doped or
otherwise. It's a job requirement.

True. Lemond is among the great cyclists.

These are generally driven, obsessive people who as a part of their job act in
ways that would otherwise be objectionable. Even the most humble have ego issues
that would cripple a normal life.

Still there's a point where an old jock has to stop comparing himself to the
guys out there today and pointing out his superiority.
Old April 12th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

wrote:

| I can't recall anything that's brought GREG back into the news in many,
many
| years that didn't damage my opinion of him. I thought so much more of him
when I
| wasn't thinking of him.
|
| If anyone is damaging his reputation it is he. *Nobody else is responsible
for
| inserting him into *these stupid situations.

Regardless, he remains one of the great cyclists of all time. I'm not
suggesting he's in the top-3 or 5 or whatever, but he would have given pause
to any of the top cyclists, ever, were they to race with him. He was an
amazing talent, possibly the best "natural cyclist" ever (meaning that it
seemed like he was bred to ride a bike... it came easily to him, or at least
seemed to).

There are very few examples of world-class athletes who would seem, in all
regards, to be well-balanced people with their egos in check. Doped or
otherwise. It's a job requirement.

True. Lemond is among the great cyclists.

These are generally driven, obsessive people who as a part of their job act in
ways that would otherwise be objectionable. Even the most humble have ego issues
that would cripple a normal life.

Still there's a point where an old jock has to stop comparing himself to the
guys out there today and pointing out his superiority.- Hide quoted text -

Dumbass -

That's the problem. It's not his job anymore.

Athletes who have high emotional intelligence understand when to shut
it off. Leaving it out on the race course, the field or whatever.
Indurain, for one. As soon as the race was over, he was the perfect
gentleman.

LemonD is an emotional retard. He still thinks he's climbing Alpe d
Huez.

LANCE - somewhere in between. Better than LemonD. Worse than Indurain.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old April 12th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Apr 12, 6:46*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 12, 3:12 am, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

So he was extremely talented. Big ****ing deal.

You're right, it is.

Dumbass -

I used to be a huge fan of LemonD. Kept old magazines chronicling his
feats - all that.

His behavior in the last 10 years has been incredibly disappointing.
For me personally, it completely outweighs whatever he did on the
bike.

Michael Jackson is probably the most talented singer/dancer/showman
ever. Unbelievable talent. "Thriller" sold 50 million albums. I don't
respect him either.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old April 12th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Apr 12, 6:49*am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message

So he was extremely talented. Big ****ing deal.

(Translation: "I'm nothing and I HATE anyone who is something."

Genes aren't something one controls and he lucked into it.

So what?

His behavior was something that he could control and he didn't.
I've got no respect for him whatsover.

Maybe you ought to look in a mirror as far as that goes.

Dumbass -

You don't like me because I think you're an idiot and am not afraid to
let you know that you're an idiot and if I were you I'd feel the same
way, but most people here approve of that behavior.

Still, I feel your pain. I empathize with you. It must suck.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old April 13th 08, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,

wrote:
| I can't recall anything that's brought GREG back into the news in many,
many
| years that didn't damage my opinion of him. I thought so much more of him
when I
| wasn't thinking of him.
|
| If anyone is damaging his reputation it is he. *Nobody else is responsible
for
| inserting him into *these stupid situations.

Regardless, he remains one of the great cyclists of all time. I'm not
suggesting he's in the top-3 or 5 or whatever, but he would have given pause
to any of the top cyclists, ever, were they to race with him. He was an
amazing talent, possibly the best "natural cyclist" ever (meaning that it
seemed like he was bred to ride a bike... it came easily to him, or at least
seemed to).

There are very few examples of world-class athletes who would seem, in all
regards, to be well-balanced people with their egos in check. Doped or
otherwise. It's a job requirement.

True. Lemond is among the great cyclists.

These are generally driven, obsessive people who as a part of their job act in
ways that would otherwise be objectionable. Even the most humble have ego issues
that would cripple a normal life.

Still there's a point where an old jock has to stop comparing himself to the
guys out there today and pointing out his superiority.- Hide quoted text -

Dumbass -

That's the problem. It's not his job anymore.

Athletes who have high emotional intelligence understand when to shut
it off. Leaving it out on the race course, the field or whatever.
Indurain, for one. As soon as the race was over, he was the perfect
gentleman.

LemonD is an emotional retard. He still thinks he's climbing Alpe d
Huez.

LANCE - somewhere in between. Better than LemonD. Worse than Indurain.

What has LANCE done besides embark on a multi-year pub crawl
with some of the most, how can I put it?, gaudy women in the
public eye? Not the kind of behavior one lauds, but it is his
business. No odd public pronouncements. Do you imply that LANCE
is not a gentleman?

--
Michael Press
Old April 13th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Hobbes@spnb&s.com

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:35:47 -0700, Michael Press wrote:

In article
,

wrote:
| I can't recall anything that's brought GREG back into the news in many,
many
| years that didn't damage my opinion of him. I thought so much more of him
when I
| wasn't thinking of him.
|
| If anyone is damaging his reputation it is he. *Nobody else is responsible
for
| inserting him into *these stupid situations.

Regardless, he remains one of the great cyclists of all time. I'm not
suggesting he's in the top-3 or 5 or whatever, but he would have given pause
to any of the top cyclists, ever, were they to race with him. He was an
amazing talent, possibly the best "natural cyclist" ever (meaning that it
seemed like he was bred to ride a bike... it came easily to him, or at least
seemed to).

There are very few examples of world-class athletes who would seem, in all
regards, to be well-balanced people with their egos in check. Doped or
otherwise. It's a job requirement.

True. Lemond is among the great cyclists.

These are generally driven, obsessive people who as a part of their job act in
ways that would otherwise be objectionable. Even the most humble have ego issues
that would cripple a normal life.

Still there's a point where an old jock has to stop comparing himself to the
guys out there today and pointing out his superiority.- Hide quoted text -

Dumbass -

That's the problem. It's not his job anymore.

Athletes who have high emotional intelligence understand when to shut
it off. Leaving it out on the race course, the field or whatever.
Indurain, for one. As soon as the race was over, he was the perfect
gentleman.

LemonD is an emotional retard. He still thinks he's climbing Alpe d
Huez.

LANCE - somewhere in between. Better than LemonD. Worse than Indurain.

What has LANCE done besides embark on a multi-year pub crawl
with some of the most, how can I put it?, gaudy women in the
public eye? Not the kind of behavior one lauds, but it is his
business. No odd public pronouncements. Do you imply that LANCE
is not a gentleman?

See there, that's the way a retired athlete should comport himself: Drink; put
on 15-20 pounds; work out when it's fun; stay out late; drink. Show up and
cheer once in awhile. Do a little public-eye stuff for maybe an uncontroversial
politician or charity. Stay sober for that. Sign a ten bazillion dollar deal
with Trek to build LANCE bikes as soon as they get rid of that other guy. Get
really derunk.
Old April 13th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message

You don't like me because I think you're an idiot and am not afraid to
let you know that you're an idiot and if I were you I'd feel the same
way, but most people here approve of that behavior.

The problem is that I don't dislike you. I think that you're juvenile.
That's all.

Old April 13th 08, 03:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 16:35:47 -0700, Michael Press wrote:

In article
,
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

wrote:
| I can't recall anything that's brought GREG back into the news in
| many,
many
| years that didn't damage my opinion of him. I thought so much more of
| him
when I

-

[...]

on 15-20 pounds; stay out late; drink. Sign a ten bazillion dollar deal
with Trek to build LANCE bikes as soon as they get rid of that other guy. Get
really derunk.

LIVEDRUNK approves.

--
Ryan Cousineau