Rock Racing's wandering bike choices

Old September 12th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Rock Racing's wandering bike choices

On Sep 12, 2:36*pm, Donald Munro wrote:
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

It's not about the bike, but it is important to choose the right water
bottle cage and frame pump.

SOTS is going to upgrade the US constitution to ban compact frames
so he can still use his 80's frame pump.

isn't that on the republican platform ?
Old September 12th 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
wrote:

On Sep 12, 2:10*pm, LawBoy01 wrote:
I will just say this. *My friend Hans Schneider is a custom
framebuilder in Huntsville, Texas. *He also does frame repair for a
lot of manufacturers and importers. *Trialtir in Houston recently sent
him a bunch of Rock Racing green-and-black De Rosa Idols to remove the
decals because Ball backed out of a deal with Trialtir for the
importation and sale of De Rosa Idol RR team model framesets for sale
in the U.S. *The framesets will remain green and black, but Hans is
removing the Rock Racing decals and is going to be doing something
else with the area where the decals used to be. *I don't know what
Trialtir will do with the frames when he's done.

those fuji's look pretty decient, but I though rock were riding
cadillacs.....

Ho, yeah! Good catch!

For the uninitiated, one strange bike licensing deal:

http://www.cadillacbicycles.com/ca_eliteroad.html

It's not a total shock that someone licensed the name to put on
bicycles. It's a bit of a shock that the bicycles it is on are not
completely hopeless.

Their dealer network is also odd: in the US it's mostly bike shops and
online, in Canada it's fairly evenly split between bike shops and . . .
Cadillac car dealerships.

BTW, it looks like they're about to release a NuVinci model.

Oh, and oh yes...

http://www.cadillacbicycles.com/urban-escalade.html

The Cadillac Escalade. BMX.

Old September 12th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
LawBoy01 wrote:

I will just say this. My friend Hans Schneider is a custom
framebuilder in Huntsville, Texas. He also does frame repair for a
lot of manufacturers and importers. Trialtir in Houston recently sent
him a bunch of Rock Racing green-and-black De Rosa Idols to remove the
decals because Ball backed out of a deal with Trialtir for the
importation and sale of De Rosa Idol RR team model framesets for sale
in the U.S. The framesets will remain green and black, but Hans is
removing the Rock Racing decals and is going to be doing something
else with the area where the decals used to be. I don't know what
Trialtir will do with the frames when he's done.

Interesting. Thanks for the note. It does mention in one of the
Cyclingnews articles that Rock's deal was with Trialtir, not De Rosa.

Old September 13th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Sep 12, 6:00*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

--
Ryan Cousineau /

Speaking of cool, and a real eclectic framebuilder:

http://www.richardsachs.com/dvd.html

Imperfection is Perfection
A Film About Richard Sachs and his Bicycles

For nine months in 2007, film maker Des Horsfield made a documentary
about bicycle frame builder Richard Sachs.

No I don't work for him, just have a man crush on his bikes,
especially cross. He's also a great person, and seriously into finding
and promoting the perfect gourmet cupcake.
ATMO
Bill C
Old September 13th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
OMC

On Sep 12, 12:47*pm, wrote:
On Sep 12, 2:10*pm, LawBoy01 wrote:

I will just say this. *My friend Hans Schneider is a custom
framebuilder in Huntsville, Texas. *He also does frame repair for a
lot of manufacturers and importers. *Trialtir in Houston recently sent
him a bunch of Rock Racing green-and-black De Rosa Idols to remove the
decals because Ball backed out of a deal with Trialtir for the
importation and sale of De Rosa Idol RR team model framesets for sale
in the U.S. *The framesets will remain green and black, but Hans is
removing the Rock Racing decals and is going to be doing something
else with the area where the decals used to be. *I don't know what
Trialtir will do with the frames when he's done.

those fuji's look pretty decient, but I though rock were riding
cadillacs.....

The problem with the DeRosa's that Rock was using, they were pieces of
**** !!
**** poor construction , broken or cracked Bottom bracket shells,
chain stays, etc.
The damn internal routing of cables didn't work, had to jury rig an
external cable routing system.
They were garbage !!! Some MFG need to stick with what they know and
DeRosa doesn't get it when it comes to Carbon.
Fuji may not have the Euro bling factor, but they make a good quality
and realible line of bikes.
So far the testing has gone well and gets a thumbs up from most of the
riders.
Ball certainly wasn't going to sign on to a deal with Trialtir/Derosa
when 75% of their bike have failed to this point.

OMC

Old September 13th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,

*LawBoy01 wrote:
[...]

atmo, e-Richie may still read this forum. Of course, we all have
gargantuan bikesexual urges towards his idea of lugged steel
imperfection, but he's also stopped adding names to his very long
waiting list.

Old September 13th 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sep 12, 4:59*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
[...]

I was just making a quick jibe of the sponsor on their jersey- I was
unaware of the cadillac bike company ( even though I apparently have
ridden past their office many times)
Old September 13th 08, 08:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

OMC wrote:
The problem with the DeRosa's that Rock was using, they were pieces of
**** !!
**** poor construction , broken or cracked Bottom bracket shells, chain
stays, etc.
The damn internal routing of cables didn't work, had to jury rig an
external cable routing system.
They were garbage !!!

They should have got Bianchi. At least they have a decent warranty.

Old September 13th 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sep 13, 2:16*am, Donald Munro wrote:
OMC wrote:
The problem with the DeRosa's that Rock was using, they were pieces of
**** !!
**** poor construction , broken or cracked Bottom bracket shells, chain
stays, etc.
The damn internal routing of cables didn't work, had to jury rig an
external cable routing system.
They were garbage !!! *

They should have got Bianchi. At least they have a decent warranty.

why not just pick up some chinese made bikes at the local walmart ?
Old September 13th 08, 02:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Sep 12, 10:04*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

atmo, e-Richie may still read this forum. Of course, we all have
gargantuan bikesexual urges towards his idea of lugged steel
imperfection, but he's also stopped adding names to his very long
waiting list.

--
Ryan Cousineau /
"In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, last I heard 6 years. There're pretty regular chances to pick up
the teams used bikes though.
Found out about the documentary when Adam mentioned he got his copy
the other day. Have to save the $40 bucks for some good beer, and Mug
Adam for his copy when he comes out to run CSI.
;-)
Bill C

Racing's Real Problems Tom Kunich Racing 8 March 5th 08 07:59 PM
Wandering out loud Triball Unicycling 0 February 17th 08 11:08 AM
Commuter/Fitness Bike Choices MP Marandici General 14 September 18th 04 05:36 PM
Commuter/Fitness Bike Choices MP Marandici Techniques 3 September 17th 04 04:07 PM
Narrowing new bike choices K Techniques 5 September 16th 04 01:26 AM