The New Code Word

Old September 26th 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

Default The New Code Word

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008...ep08/sep26news

snip

"We signed Tuft. Before the Worlds, mind you," said Vaughters to
Cyclingnews. "I've wanted Svein for two years now. He's an honourable
guy. I'm super-excited to have him."

snipend
Old September 26th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sep 25, 6:14 pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008...id=/news/2008/...

snip

"We signed Tuft. Before the Worlds, mind you," said Vaughters to
Cyclingnews. "I've wanted Svein for two years now. He's an honourable
guy. I'm super-excited to have him."

snipend

I guess it's "honourable" meaning clean? Or are you calling Sideburns
a fruit?
Old September 26th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

wrote:
On Sep 25, 6:14 pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008...id=/news/2008/...

snip

"We signed Tuft. Before the Worlds, mind you," said Vaughters to
Cyclingnews. "I've wanted Svein for two years now. He's an honourable
guy. I'm super-excited to have him."

snipend

I guess it's "honourable" meaning clean? Or are you calling Sideburns
a fruit?

I'm super-excited! And I've wanted you for years, now. My intentions are
strictly honourable.
Old September 26th 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Fred Fredburger wrote:

wrote:
On Sep 25, 6:14 pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008...id=/news/2008/...

snip

"We signed Tuft. Before the Worlds, mind you," said Vaughters to
Cyclingnews. "I've wanted Svein for two years now. He's an honourable
guy. I'm super-excited to have him."

snipend

I guess it's "honourable" meaning clean? Or are you calling Sideburns
a fruit?

I'm super-excited! And I've wanted you for years, now. My intentions are
strictly honourable.

All you haters can suck Svein's balls. Tuft is a cool dude. I guess this
means he can stop living in trailer in the former Symmetrics honcho's
back yard*.

*No, seriously:

http://bikingbros.com/about/

He and Meier were living in two different trailers at the back of the
(sorta rural) property.

Old September 26th 08, 02:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
He and Meier were living in two different trailers at the back of the
(sorta rural) property.

Criminy!

'Professional Bike Racer' is just not an acceptable
career plan.

Bob Schwartz
Old September 26th 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Sep 26, 9:13*am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
He and Meier were living in two different trailers at the back of the
(sorta rural) property.

Criminy!

'Professional Bike Racer' is just not an acceptable
career plan.

Bob Schwartz

How about Art History major, or most of Hampster College's "without
walls" programs? Actually I'd bet money you could, pretty easily, get
a bachelors in bicycle something pretty easily. I know one person who
DID rack up a degree in basket weaving. I know someone who was going
to try for fly fishing, don't know if they ever did.
Bill C
Old September 26th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Bill C wrote:
On Sep 26, 9:13 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
He and Meier were living in two different trailers at the back of the
(sorta rural) property.

Criminy!

'Professional Bike Racer' is just not an acceptable
career plan.

Bob Schwartz

How about Art History major, or most of Hampster College's "without
walls" programs? Actually I'd bet money you could, pretty easily, get
a bachelors in bicycle something pretty easily. I know one person who
DID rack up a degree in basket weaving. I know someone who was going
to try for fly fishing, don't know if they ever did.
Bill C

I've met Art History majors and none of them were living
in trailers. Almost none of the people that attempt to
make a career out of bike racing actually ever get to a
point where they can live off of the proceeds. Art History
majors do much better in that respect.

Every so often stuff pops up locally about how we could
do better at rider development with an eye towards helping
people target pro careers. And I think to myself, that this
is not something I am going to lose sleep over.

Bob Schwartz
Old September 26th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Bob Schwartz wrote:

Bill C wrote:
On Sep 26, 9:13 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
[...]

Well, in fairness, um, to the bike racers, most art history majors make
it by not taking up art history as a career. I know there's a fair
number of gallery curators, et cetera, but there's also a lot of art
history majors who are working at jobs unrelated to their major.

That said, I've thought about it, and there's probably a greater
proportion of art history majors working as some form of art historian
than there are wannabe cyclists getting paid for their riding. I'd have
to do some really pointless figuring to decide what constituted a
serious attempt to become a pro cyclist (as opposed to the cycling
equivalent of reading the complete works of Sister Wendy Beckett).

I'd also have to define what constituted a pro cycling career, since if
gallery curators qualify as art historians working in their field, then
surely all the espoirs-cum-bike-mechanics count, too.

Every so often stuff pops up locally about how we could
do better at rider development with an eye towards helping
people target pro careers. And I think to myself, that this
is not something I am going to lose sleep over.

I agree a hundred per cent with this. Maybe we should have programs that
explicitly discourage young athletes from pursuing their dreams.

Old September 26th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Sep 26, 8:09*am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Bill C wrote:
On Sep 26, 9:13 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
He and Meier were living in two different trailers at the back of the
(sorta rural) property.
Criminy!

'Professional Bike Racer' is just not an acceptable
career plan.

Bob Schwartz

How about Art History major, or most of Hampster College's "without
walls" programs? Actually I'd bet money you could, pretty easily, get
a bachelors in bicycle something pretty easily. I know one person who
DID rack up a degree in basket weaving. I know someone who was going
to try for fly fishing, don't know if they ever did.
*Bill C

I've met Art History majors and none of them were living
in trailers.

Bob Schwartz- Hide quoted text -

Wasn't Kunich an Art History major?

=========== And Now a Word from the Ads ============== www.katnet.us Unicycling 0 January 18th 08 07:39 PM
The other H word MartinM UK 15 October 24th 06 03:40 PM
H*lf*rds and the 'H' word Bryan UK 35 September 14th 05 10:59 AM
tdf word of the day purphekt General 9 July 16th 04 10:33 PM
The 'H' word Jo Hardman UK 14 December 19th 03 01:43 PM