Road to perdition. Over cyclists.

Old July 19th 10, 03:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Road to perdition. Over cyclists.

You can never make up wilder stories than the morning papers

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...9,0,127.column

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old July 19th 10, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

AMuzi wrote:
You can never make up wilder stories than the morning papers

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...9,0,127.column

Ah, but what's important is that the perps feel good about themselves after
their "punishment" (read: coddling) is over.

Pathetic BS. BS

Old July 19th 10, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Jul 19, 10:25*am, AMuzi wrote:
You can never make up wilder stories than the morning papers

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...lk-new-brotman...

"Reza and Fabian can only travel between home and work or school, and
must be home at 6 p.m. every night. If they violate the terms of
probation, they can be sent to prison. And both now have felony
convictions on their records."

OK. Tell Reza and Fabian you're proud of them. Invite them out for
drinks and congratulations, say about 5 PM. Pay for all the shots
they want, and more.

See if you can keep them out until at least 6:30. Then let them drive
home. But make sure a cop who's had time working bike patrol is
waiting to greet each one of them at their door.

And mount a serious campaign against that judge, too. He desperately
needs a different job.

- Frank Krygowski
Old July 19th 10, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Jul 19, 3:25*pm, AMuzi wrote:
You can never make up wilder stories than the morning papers

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...lk-new-brotman...

Another amazing tale of American "justice".

Erik Fabian and Armando Reza deliberately and in cold blood attempted
to murder David Silvis with a deadly weapon. They admitted it. They
claimed it was a game they played without the consent of the victim.
And the judge gives one 10 days and the other probation? And their
excuse is, It was like a video game?

If there's a fund for the campaign to get Cook County judge Carol
Kipperman recalled, someone should publish the address so I can send a
contribution.

And who could blame Silvis for waiting in his car to catch these two
scumbags Fabian and Reza on the street, and then hitting them at the
20mph that their lawyers admitted to, just to see how far they fly?
After all, it is only a game.

***

Even without these disturbing special circumstances, it must be a
society violent beyond belief when the confessed perpetrators of an
"aggravated battery with a deadly weapon" are given probation, with
one getting 10 days in jail presumably for being drunk as well as
trying to kill someone.

Especially disturbing for anyone with his mind in gear is the way the
judge and the journalist accepts at face value the lawyer's sophistry
that Fabian and Reza;s confessed intent to harm, possibly to kill, the
cyclist did not matter, only the outcome. Their intent is as culpable
in law as their actions, is clearly demonstrated by their actions, and
is freely confessed -- but the judge lets a glib lawyer turn their
intent to kill a random third party into part of their defense!
Kipperman's brains were clearly on holiday; the only alternatives are
that she was bought or intimidated. (The Cook County State Attorney,
who clearly share my conclusion, in an unusual move has published the
fact that they advised removing those two callous would-be murderers
Fabian and Reza from society.)

Finally, life must be worth very little in Cook County for a judge to
accept that the lawyers' other sophistry that Fabian and Reza were
only playing a "video game" with a real person's life. These limp
sentences -- we do not even hear that the driving licences of the two
would-be killers were endorsed, never mind suspended -- are a clear
encouragement to the scum in cars on the streets of Cook County to run
over cyclists and pedestrians "for fun".

***

In the Third Reich it was an accepted defence when a few Jews were
badly beaten (or beaten to death) for lawyers to claim the louts who
did it were "just having a little fun, the high spirits of young
people"; the courts understood the code and the judge would slap the
smirking murderers on the wrist.

Hey, Kipperman, you read any history?

Andre Jute
What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander
Old July 19th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per AMuzi:
You can never make up wilder stories than the morning papers

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...9,0,127.column

Some years back, I watched a guy in a car intentionally run a
cyclist into the curb - and knock him off the bike onto the
sidewalk.

Bottom Line: followed the car, flagged down a cop, the driver got
off without even a ticket.
--
PeteCresswell
Old July 19th 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
MikeWhy

"AMuzi" wrote in message
You can never make up wilder stories than the morning papers

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...9,0,127.column

What passes for justice has been served. While I definitely do not agree
with the light sentences, I'm partially solaced by noting that their felony
deadly weapon record is fatal to their hopes of legally achieving their
materialistic dreams. (IOW: beware of grown men working the counters and
deep friers in fast food restaurants.) They are permanently marked, every
bit as much as if they had cattle brands applied to foreheads. More
important than that, there isn't much more we can reasonably do.

Illinois recently passed some law about intimidating or crowding bicyclists:

[[ The new law increases penalties for attempting to harm or threaten
bicyclists. Under the law, drivers who intimidate cyclists with
threats, crowding or throwing items will be subject to a Class A
misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail and/or a $2,500 fine."
In addition, another bill was signed to create "Share the Road"
license plates. As Ed Barsotti of the League of Illinois Bicyclists
explains on the video, the $22 annually paid by motorists will create
sustainable funding for educational programs for cyclists and
motorists alike. Twelve other states have such a program. The new
laws go into effect Jan. 1, 2011. ]]

Old July 19th 10, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...t=clnk&gl=u s

the perps lawyer convinced the Justice System
the boys did not understand what they were doing-physically harming
cyclists
they deserved another chance-as violent felons (no IBM security jobs)
their 'parents' have clout ( the boys have cars and video games)
the jails are crowded and provide no alternate training for witless
juvenile violant fantasy-only makes thing worser OMTW !
the cyclists was rode into the vehicles path (more or less)
indirectly or directly
there were no witlessess
there were witlessess but they were impeached as baboons
the boys are mentally ill ( skateboarders are mentallyt ill...u gonna
jail skateboarders ? WTF ?)
the cyclists were not damaged that badly
we saved two young lives from a life of crime !

so what's your problem ?
Old July 19th 10, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Andre Jute wrote:
On Jul 19, 3:25 pm, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

Think of it this way: if they had committed pedophilia, then the sentence
would have been even /lighter/.

Bill "ah, liberals" S.

Old July 19th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

fogot
the cyclists need to sue the boys in Civil Court like OJ remeber ?
the Justice System is set in that direction for the aforementioned
cawzes
in a random way, the process is the English American Justice System's
'function' for several centuries.
Of interest is the process here. We only read the gothic accident-
justice stories not knowing what the mean maybe.
But my experience with local justice is exactly what our reaction is
to the problem stated herein so... ?

Old July 19th 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...le+repair&aq=1