drunk driver sentenced for killing cyclist

Old September 30th 04, 05:39 AM
Robert L. Bass

Driving after consuming a 'real' one can
be amazingly stupid.

I'll take your word for it. I never much cared for alcohol. It gives me a
headache and I like a soda or iced tea better anyway.

Old September 30th 04, 06:37 AM
Mark Leuck

"James S. Prine" wrote in message

I've had a few private emails from Louisiana residents and we all seem to

agree
that, while cycling in Louisiana, your chances of getting maimed or killed

by a
drunk driver are amazingly high. Factor in 'cellphone freaks', and you've
*really* got to be careful.

Judging by the road conditions in Louisiana just driving will get you mained
or killed

Old September 30th 04, 06:39 AM
James S. Prine

Judging by the road conditions in Louisiana just driving will get you mained
or killed

LOL...we brag about our potholes, which can comfortably seat three people and
are quite handy when hurricanes threaten the area.

James S. Prine
http://hometown.aol.com/jsprine/

Old September 30th 04, 07:41 AM
Robert L. Bass

"James S. Prine" wrote in message
Judging by the road conditions in Louisiana just driving will get you

mained
or killed

LOL...we brag about our potholes, which can comfortably seat three people

and
are quite handy when hurricanes threaten the area.

Try driving a car on the Pennsylvania Turnpike sometime. The potholes have
entrance ramps. :^)

Old September 30th 04, 01:32 PM
Perry Templeton

Try driving a car on the Pennsylvania Turnpike sometime

You read my mind about the Penna TP. I had the pleasure (?) of driving it
for the first and last time a month ago. I'll take ANY road in Louisiana
anytime before I'll willingly get back on the turnpike. That was awful.
Perry

news

Old September 30th 04, 04:00 PM
Capri

Steve Fox wrote in message news:I5f6d.341693$Oi.98217@fed1read04...
Is this justice?

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...AGVO903NQ1.DTL

Wow does this bring back memories. The guy says he has no recollection
of hitting those kids.....Many years ago, the wife and I would go out
to a club after work with the crowd from the office and have a few
drinks or more. One night we drove homeafter a night of drinjing
twofers and being tired went straight to bed. When I woke the next
morning I had absolutely no recollection of the drive home, none,
nada, not only that there was a brand new six pack of beer on the
kitchen counter which means we stopped on the way! It was the last
time I ever drove after drinking. I was lucky
Old October 1st 04, 12:28 AM
Robert L. Bass

LOL...after such glowing recommendations,
I'll take the Cessna instead, thanks

I agree, except it's tough finding a smooth enough spot to land on the
Turnpike.

My favorite pilot story (unknown origin and veracity):

PPASEL: "Brainard Approach, this is one-oh-six-echo-sierra inbound over the
outer marker... request clearance."
ATC: "six-echo-sierra, Brainard... report three mile right base for
two-zero. Do you have hotel?"
PPASEL: "Uhh, negative sir. Can you get us a room by the airport?"

Heh, heh, heh... :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================
Bass Home Electronics
2291 Pine View Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34231
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
=============================

Old October 1st 04, 02:22 AM
James S. Prine

LOL...after such glowing recommendations,
I'll take the Cessna instead, thanks

I agree, except it's tough finding a smooth enough spot to land on the
Turnpike.

LOL...landing? I'm a parachutist, too g.

Old October 1st 04, 02:38 AM
Robert L. Bass

LOL...landing? I'm a parachutist, too g.

I never understood the motivation to exit a perfectly good airplane while
AGL. :^)

Old October 1st 04, 03:51 AM
G. Morgan

Someone named "Robert L. Bass" Proclaimed
on Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:38:15 -0400,

I never understood the motivation to exit a perfectly good airplane while
AGL. :^)

Or accepted the fact that a 707 can fly inverted and recover @ 400'
AGL.

-Graham