BoM Definitions

Old August 12th 07, 10:46 PM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_164_]

Default BoM Definitions

Is there an official defintion for what constitutes a few showers ???

For example getting drenced between a 10 kilometre stretch of riding,
does that constitute a shower ? To me it felt more like a
downpour..... freaking... freaking!

It would not have been so bad, except it only happened about 30 minutes
into a long ride....... Love Melbourne

--
MikeyOz

Old August 13th 07, 12:38 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-08-12, MikeyOz (aka Bruce)

Is there an official defintion for what constitutes a few showers ???

For example getting drenced between a 10 kilometre stretch of riding,
does that constitute a shower ? To me it felt more like a
downpour..... freaking... freaking!

Did you get as wet as you would in a shower?

QED. Teh enb.

--
TimC
Old August 13th 07, 01:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

MikeyOz wrote:
Is there an official defintion for what constitutes a few showers ???

For example getting drenced between a 10 kilometre stretch of riding,
does that constitute a shower ? To me it felt more like a
downpour..... freaking... freaking!

It would not have been so bad, except it only happened about 30 minutes
into a long ride....... Love Melbourne

Come on Mikey, you're in Melbourne. last week I was wondering what the
definition of Fine was. Two days I left home to the sounds of the
weather report saying today would be fine, and stepped out into rain.

DaveB
Old August 13th 07, 01:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Duncan

On Aug 13, 7:46 am, MikeyOz MikeyOz.2v8...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Is there an official defintion for what constitutes a few showers ???

For example getting drenced between a 10 kilometre stretch of riding,
does that constitute a shower ? To me it felt more like a
downpour..... freaking... freaking!

It would not have been so bad, except it only happened about 30 minutes
into a long ride....... Love Melbourne

http://www.bom.gov.au/lam/glossary/spagegl.shtml

"Showers
Precipitation, often short-lived (but may last half an hour) and
heavy, falling from convective clouds. Usually begin and end
suddenly."

sounds just like what you got

Old August 13th 07, 03:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Michael Warner[_2_]

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:46:29 +1000, MikeyOz wrote:

For example getting drenced between a 10 kilometre stretch of riding,
does that constitute a shower ? To me it felt more like a
downpour..... freaking... freaking!

You're not properly drenched until your shoes squelch.
Old August 13th 07, 10:11 PM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_166_]

Duncan Wrote:
"Showers
Precipitation, often short-lived (but may last half an hour) and
heavy, falling from convective clouds. Usually begin and end
suddenly."

Actually that is exactly what I got...!!!

I will have to pay more attention when they say showers from now on.

I got wetter than I would in the shower that is for sure.

--
MikeyOz