(OT) SKINNED ALIVE

Old May 23rd 05, 12:25 PM
ytrewq

Default (OT) SKINNED ALIVE

ANIMALS SKINNED ALIVE

(A Shocking Look Inside Chinese Fur Farms)

(CAREFUL: THIS VIDEO IS VERY SHOCKING!!!)

http://www.furisdead.com/feat/ChineseFurFarms/

http://hk.geocities.com/blood1213/fur.html

Old May 23rd 05, 01:45 PM
elyob

"ytrewq" wrote in message
oups.com...

ANIMALS SKINNED ALIVE

(A Shocking Look Inside Chinese Fur Farms)

(CAREFUL: THIS VIDEO IS VERY SHOCKING!!!)

Mmmm, I've got a pair of gloves made out of that stuff. Very warm they are
too.

Old May 23rd 05, 06:11 PM
Smug

elyob wrote:
"ytrewq" wrote in message
oups.com...

ANIMALS SKINNED ALIVE

(A Shocking Look Inside Chinese Fur Farms)

(CAREFUL: THIS VIDEO IS VERY SHOCKING!!!)

Mmmm, I've got a pair of gloves made out of that stuff. Very warm they are
too.

I'll assume you didn't watch the video.
Old May 23rd 05, 06:26 PM
Tilly

On 23 May 2005 04:25:58 -0700, "ytrewq"
wrote:

http://www.furisdead.com/feat/ChineseFurFarms/

I like to think that I have a pretty strong stomach - but I couldn't
watch much of this video. The sight of the skinned and forlorn
carcass writhing in pain was too much for me.
Old May 23rd 05, 06:45 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Tilly wrote:

I like to think that I have a pretty strong stomach - but I couldn't
watch much of this video. The sight of the skinned and forlorn
carcass writhing in pain was too much for me.

I *never* watch anything that might come back in dreams later. And I
don't have anything made of fur either.
Old May 23rd 05, 07:59 PM
Not Responding

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
Tilly wrote:

I like to think that I have a pretty strong stomach - but I couldn't
watch much of this video. The sight of the skinned and forlorn
carcass writhing in pain was too much for me.

I *never* watch anything that might come back in dreams later. And I
don't have anything made of fur either.

Not the sort of thing I'll click on either. But I'm quite happy with
fur. Warm /and/ CO2 neutral.
Old May 23rd 05, 09:07 PM
Tilly

On Mon, 23 May 2005 19:59:15 +0100, Not Responding
wrote:

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
Tilly wrote:

I like to think that I have a pretty strong stomach - but I couldn't
watch much of this video. The sight of the skinned and forlorn
carcass writhing in pain was too much for me.

I *never* watch anything that might come back in dreams later. And I
don't have anything made of fur either.

Not the sort of thing I'll click on either. But I'm quite happy with
fur. Warm /and/ CO2 neutral.

I'm not sure that you'd have the heart to make those last two comments
if you did click on it. Indeed, I suggest you do click on it so you
understand what it is that you are unwittingly condoning.
Old May 23rd 05, 09:14 PM
Smug

Not Responding wrote:
Zog The Undeniable wrote:

Tilly wrote:

I like to think that I have a pretty strong stomach - but I couldn't
watch much of this video. The sight of the skinned and forlorn
carcass writhing in pain was too much for me.

I *never* watch anything that might come back in dreams later. And I
don't have anything made of fur either.

Not the sort of thing I'll click on either. But I'm quite happy with
fur. Warm /and/ CO2 neutral.

From ignorance our comfort flows,
The only wretched are the wise.

Matthew Prior
Old May 24th 05, 01:36 AM
Jon Senior

Tilly wrote:
I'm not sure that you'd have the heart to make those last two comments
if you did click on it. Indeed, I suggest you do click on it so you
understand what it is that you are unwittingly condoning.

Fur!

Not necessarily the method by which _some_ of it is obtained. Sadly I
tend to take PETAs stuff with a pinch of salt as they are primarily
interested in shock factor stuff. That video (As much of it as I could
take) is a damning report of one fur farm. Be careful how much you read
into it.

BTW. Does sheepskin count as "fur"?

Jon
Old May 24th 05, 05:36 AM
Tilly

On Tue, 24 May 2005 00:36:28 +0000, Jon Senior
jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOT_co_DOT_uk wrote:

Tilly wrote:
I'm not sure that you'd have the heart to make those last two comments
if you did click on it. Indeed, I suggest you do click on it so you
understand what it is that you are unwittingly condoning.

Fur!

Not necessarily the method by which _some_ of it is obtained. Sadly I
tend to take PETAs stuff with a pinch of salt as they are primarily
interested in shock factor stuff. That video (As much of it as I could
take) is a damning report of one fur farm. Be careful how much you read
into it.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Indeed, I'd go further and question if the video was entirely stage
managed to shock. I cannot see any other reason why they'd want to
keep an animal alive while harvesting the fur.

Regardless, it was a callous remark from 'Not Responding', mitigated
only by the fact that he had not seen the video.

I'm Buried Alive - My Luck Has Not Finally Arrived Tyler Hamillton Racing 0 April 19th 05 04:00 AM
An experiment to prove the helmet law proponants RIGHT (or wrong) David Recumbent Biking 65 December 21st 04 06:42 AM
(Semi-OT) Berried alive BB Mountain Biking 3 August 4th 04 10:36 PM
At least I'm alive....... Dave UK 20 September 19th 03 02:13 PM
Its alive... ITS ALIVE! (and pics, too!) Jon Bond Mountain Biking 11 July 4th 03 02:33 PM