A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

Old November 15th 08, 01:23 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default I am convinced bicycling is not safe

Dane Buson wrote:
In rec.bicycles.misc Tom Keats wrote:
In article KingOfTheApes writes:

But since
you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the Republican Party nor
the Democratic Party is the solution, who's the solution?

Solution to /what/ -- your disinformation about the supposed
"dangerousness" of cycling? The solution to that is
pretty obvious, but you're still here.

I will admit that sometimes truly I long for the day where you can
deliver a punch to the face over TCP/IP. It would purely make for a
much politer interblag.

Do you want to punch Commandante Monkey Poop or Tom Keats?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.
Old November 15th 08, 02:27 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
On Nov 13, 8:46 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message

OK, I just found a Republican who rides a bike for practical purposes.
"Rara avis" indeed, but well he's bruised but alive to tell his
story...

Originally Posted by cujet
I am convinced bicycling is not safe. I have been riding for years,
mostly to work and for fun. A recent accident broke my left arm into 7
pieces. Surgery put it back together. However, I now have a non union
of the bone in 2 places. I'm 45 years old and bones don't heal as well
at this age. It looks like I will be held together by screws and a
plate. I may never be able to put any load on my left arm.

Accident statistics on bicycling are horrific per mile traveled. In my
case, I achieved a lifetime of about 15,000 miles before a serious
acccident.

Sorry, but bicycling is not the answer, or even part of the answer.

AND, there is no way in he!! I am going to save energy for Obama. I do
it for me.

Chris

See, you just seem to deny my theory that Republicans don't care
enough about anything to ride a bike for practical purposes. But since
you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the Republican Party nor
the Democratic Party is the solution, who's the solution?

Either God or the Revolution, right?

Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to
empress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop
will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it
more rapidly. You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you
up,drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you
loose
fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame
of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea
of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

Hey, Dr. Evil, instead of spewing insults you should check yourself to
find your true colors...

(of course, also check your blood pressure)

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Originally Posted by Ka_Jun
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -9.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.15

***

You fall under the revolution parameters. Neither party will solve the
problem. I think the revolution needs to be left libertarian.

Left libertarians see the need for COOPERATION, and traffic takes a
lot of it. Not too anarchist though as we need the government to set
up cameras to root out the bad drivers, but not to control speed.

Actually I believe in an American autobahn, while having BIKE LANES at
the same time. Is that a contradiction?

Well, it happens in Germany.

You are, at varying times, tedious, boring, earth shatteringly hilarious
in

your idiocy,childish, moronic, pathetic, wretched, disgusting and pitiful.
You
are wholly without any redeeming social graces or value. If God ever decides
to give the planet an enema you'd better run like the wind because anywhere
you stand is a suitable place for The Insertion.

And you probably dress funny, too.

****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 15th 08, 02:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
On Nov 13, 9:06 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article
,
KingOfTheApes writes:

OK, I just found a Republican who rides a bike for practical purposes.
"Rara avis" indeed, but well he's bruised but alive to tell his
story...

Originally Posted by cujet
I am convinced bicycling is not safe. I have been riding for years,
mostly to work and for fun. A recent accident broke my left arm into 7
pieces. Surgery put it back together. However, I now have a non union
of the bone in 2 places. I'm 45 years old and bones don't heal as well
at this age. It looks like I will be held together by screws and a
plate. I may never be able to put any load on my left arm.

I see you're still trying to scare people away from riding.

Accident statistics on bicycling are horrific per mile traveled. In my

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They are, are they? Have /you/ looked at any real accident statistics
on bicycling? And who the heck is this "cujet" guy, and where did he
post the above?

case, I achieved a lifetime of about 15,000 miles before a serious
acccident.

I wonder what "cujet" did, to fsck up so badly after only
15,000 miles.

Sorry, but bicycling is not the answer, or even part of the answer.

AND, there is no way in he!! I am going to save energy for Obama. I do
it for me.

Chris

***

See, you just seem to deny my theory that Republicans don't care
enough about anything to ride a bike for practical purposes.

I've met a number of folks with Republican leanings here in
r.b.m. I think they're mostly nice people, and I'm mostly an
apolitical, irreligious libertine. In fact, I think most people,
whether with Republican or Democrat, or Conservative or Liberal
leanings are roughly "centerists" with overlapping viewpoints,
maybe with some few contentious outlier opinions on certain
topics that haven't yet led to The End Of Days.

Republicans are not the enemy. Self-purported, self-styled
"revolutionaries" who want to upset the applecart are.
Of whom does that description remind you?

But since
you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the Republican Party nor
the Democratic Party is the solution, who's the solution?

Solution to /what/ -- your disinformation about the supposed
"dangerousness" of cycling? The solution to that is
pretty obvious, but you're still here.

OK, he fell down himself, but I've felt intimidated enough to make me
lose my balance. Republicans just ignore how bad our roads are since
they mostly drive SUVs, and then try to make Iraq safe.

Of course, the Democrats also ignore the issue if only they talk about
some of the problems here...

Originally Posted by Ebbtide
"I'd venture to guess that cyclists break down about the same as the
national party affiliation. Perhaps a little more left, but not
much."

Let's see Red is SUV town, hostile to bikes; Blue, friendly to public
transportation and bicycles. But the Democratic Party Machine doesn't
deliver the goods either.

Are all the Democratic party officials driving SUVs?

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid,
nasty

and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus.
Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are
unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that
reality forgot.

Old November 15th 08, 02:34 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Dane Buson

In rec.bicycles.misc Bill Sornson wrote:
Dane Buson wrote:
In rec.bicycles.misc Tom Keats wrote:
In article KingOfTheApes writes:

But since
you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the Republican Party nor
the Democratic Party is the solution, who's the solution?

Solution to /what/ -- your disinformation about the supposed
"dangerousness" of cycling? The solution to that is
pretty obvious, but you're still here.

I will admit that sometimes truly I long for the day where you can
deliver a punch to the face over TCP/IP. It would purely make for a
much politer interblag.

You want to punch someone in the face over what's quoted above?

Wow.

Nah, it's more of a generalized desire due to BananaBoy's (or whatever nym
he's using this week) general idiocy. Really, I'm not all bent out of
shape, I wish he'd just go away.

--
Dane Buson -
"Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon
Old November 15th 08, 02:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Dane Buson

In rec.bicycles.misc Tom Sherman wrote:
Dane Buson wrote:
In rec.bicycles.misc Tom Keats wrote:
In article KingOfTheApes writes:

But since
you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the Republican Party nor
the Democratic Party is the solution, who's the solution?
Solution to /what/ -- your disinformation about the supposed
"dangerousness" of cycling? The solution to that is
pretty obvious, but you're still here.

I will admit that sometimes truly I long for the day where you can
deliver a punch to the face over TCP/IP. It would purely make for a
much politer interblag.

Do you want to punch Commandante Monkey Poop or Tom Keats?

Well, certainly not Tom.

--
Dane Buson -
Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to
Old November 15th 08, 02:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Dane Buson wrote:
In rec.bicycles.misc Tom Keats wrote:
In article KingOfTheApes writes:

But since
you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the Republican Party nor
the Democratic Party is the solution, who's the solution?
Solution to /what/ -- your disinformation about the supposed
"dangerousness" of cycling? The solution to that is
pretty obvious, but you're still here.
I will admit that sometimes truly I long for the day where you can
deliver a punch to the face over TCP/IP. It would purely make for a
much politer interblag.

Do you want to punch Commandante Monkey Poop or Tom Keats?

Well, certainly not Tom.

I am relieved to have my expectation confirmed.

Old November 15th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides

In rec.bicycles.misc KingOfTheApes wrote:

Originally Posted by cujet
I am convinced bicycling is not safe. I have been riding for years,
mostly to work and for fun. A recent accident broke my left arm into 7
pieces. Surgery put it back together. However, I now have a non union
of the bone in 2 places. I'm 45 years old and bones don't heal as well
at this age. It looks like I will be held together by screws and a
plate. I may never be able to put any load on my left arm.

Sounds a little bit like my crash. I busted an arm bone, my pinkie
finger, and my leg. And I've got you [cujet] by 11 years. I'm into my
tenth week of recuperation.
But put the two of us together and all we add up to is anecdotal
evidence.

Accident statistics on bicycling are horrific per mile traveled. In my
case, I achieved a lifetime of about 15,000 miles before a serious
acccident.

Yep, that's about how much I rode before mine.

Sorry, but bicycling is not the answer, or even part of the answer.

Bicycling IS the answer. I will probably be off bikes until spring,
but when spring comes I'll be back riding full-time. Best thing to do
when you get bucked off a horse is get right back on. It's enjoyable,
I feel great when I do it, and I still have a scum-sucking pig of a
disease (MS) to cure.

Bill

__o | Better is a poor and a wise child than an old and
_`\(,_ | king, who will no more be admonished.
(_)/ (_) | --Ecclesiastes 4: 13
Old November 15th 08, 04:00 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

In article ,
Dane Buson writes:
In rec.bicycles.misc Tom Keats wrote:
In article KingOfTheApes writes:

But since
you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the Republican Party nor
the Democratic Party is the solution, who's the solution?

Solution to /what/ -- your disinformation about the supposed
"dangerousness" of cycling? The solution to that is
pretty obvious, but you're still here.

I will admit that sometimes truly I long for the day where you can
deliver a punch to the face over TCP/IP. It would purely make for a
much politer interblag.

I allow I may be encouraging Sgt Simian, by responding
to, and rebutting his inanities.

But I'm certain that ignoring him would actually
encourage him all the more, as that would let
his destructive fearmongering go unchallenged.
To further explain my point:

most regular perusers of these various x-posted
newsgroups recognize his hogwash for what it is.

But my concern is about incipient new ridership who
may be affected to any degree. The very subject
line of this thread was obviously designed to
dissuade people who may be considering bicycling.
Then he throws in unsubstantiated, unqualified,
unquantified, ostensibly hearsay statements like:
"Accident statistics on bicycling are horrific per
mile traveled."

Great way to promote bicycling, eh?

Impugning people with certain /federal/
political leanings, for some alleged sorry
state of affairs is just a feint to divert
attention, so his planted seeds of Fear,
Uncertainty & Doubt (about the safety of
bicycling) might quietly and subtly sprout in
the minds of folks thinking about taking up
the bicycling avocation.
The ol' hit-'n-run propaganda technique.

His seeds are weeds in a garden. We can't
ignore weeds in a garden. Not for very long,
anyway.

And to anybody in the world who is considering
[re]joining the ranks of bicyclists: there are
plenty of resources available on-line, in hard
copy, at your local cycling clubs and among your
cycling compatriots & peers, from which to learn
to ride safely and enjoyably. If you see people
already riding safely and enjoyably in your own
parts of the world, that should be proof enough
that BananaCreamBoy is working against you.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old November 15th 08, 04:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

Dane Buson wrote:
In rec.bicycles.misc Tom Keats wrote:
In article KingOfTheApes writes:

But since
you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the Republican Party nor
the Democratic Party is the solution, who's the solution?
Solution to /what/ -- your disinformation about the supposed
"dangerousness" of cycling? The solution to that is
pretty obvious, but you're still here.
I will admit that sometimes truly I long for the day where you can
deliver a punch to the face over TCP/IP. It would purely make for a
much politer interblag.

Do you want to punch Commandante Monkey Poop or Tom Keats?

Well, certainly not Tom.

I am relieved to have my expectation confirmed.

/You're/ relieved!?

I just dodged a punch in the face!

( Hi, Dane :-) :-) )

cheers,
Tom

Old November 15th 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Tim McNamara

Dane Buson wrote:
In rec.bicycles.misc Tom Keats wrote:
In article KingOfTheApes writes:

But since you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the
Republican Party nor the Democratic Party is the solution, who's
the solution?

Solution to /what/ -- your disinformation about the supposed
"dangerousness" of cycling? The solution to that is pretty
obvious, but you're still here.

I will admit that sometimes truly I long for the day where you can
deliver a punch to the face over TCP/IP. It would purely make for
a much politer interblag.

You want to punch someone in the face over what's quoted above?

Wow.

Nah, it's more of a generalized desire due to BananaBoy's (or
whatever nym he's using this week) general idiocy. Really, I'm not
all bent out of shape, I wish he'd just go away.

Judicious use of the killfile helps manage these kinds of problems
pretty expiditiously. I just keep updating mine to keep including
what's-his-face's latest sock puppet.

Tom Danielson March 13 1978 - March 13 2008 [email protected] Racing 0 March 13th 08 10:31 AM
Mt. Washington BC nrkist Unicycling 4 August 28th 05 11:21 PM
Washington Post: A Rough Ride for Schwinn Bicycle Ed General 12 December 12th 04 05:24 AM