Turtle Flat

Old October 27th 04, 03:55 AM
Mike Kruger

Default Turtle Flat

From my brother in law:

"Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and downpours, but
can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big snapper very, very slowly
making his way across the road. With all the traffic he's a definite goner.
Me, I pull up and try to prod him along with my front wheel, until he bites the
tire and gives me a flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he ****es
all over me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
******* and start walking home."
Old October 27th 04, 04:12 AM
Pat

"Mike Kruger" wrote in message
: From my brother in law:
:
: "Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and downpours,
but
: can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big snapper very, very
slowly
: making his way across the road. With all the traffic he's a definite
goner.
: Me, I pull up and try to prod him along with my front wheel, until he
bites the
: tire and gives me a flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he
****es
: all over me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
: ******* and start walking home."

Well, that beats my squirrel story.

Pat in TX

Old October 27th 04, 05:14 AM
Neil Cherry

On 27 Oct 2004 02:55:39 GMT, Mike Kruger wrote:
From my brother in law:

"Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and
downpours, but can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big
snapper very, very slowly making his way across the road. With all
the traffic he's a definite goner. Me, I pull up and try to prod
him along with my front wheel, until he bites the tire and gives me
a flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he ****es all over
me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
******* and start walking home."

Around here we know better than go after a snapper. A large one bit
the wooden handle off a shovel. I'm surprised it didn't do some damage
to the rim. I've seen a few really large snappers that you can't pick
up and those that are small enough to pick up you'd best be careful
around as that long neck of their's can come around a decent distance.

I am glad you saved him and it's too bad it cost you your tire and a
flat.

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)
Old October 27th 04, 06:17 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Mike Kruger wrote:
From my brother in law:

"Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and
downpours, but can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big
snapper very, very slowly making his way across the road. With all
the traffic he's a definite goner. Me, I pull up and try to prod him
along with my front wheel, until he bites the tire and gives me a
flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he ****es all over
me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
******* and start walking home."

Weird. Just today I saw a poor, dead turtle in the road; he'd obviously
been run over.

Bill "Terrapin alumnus" S.

Old October 27th 04, 07:56 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

http://www.feartheturtle.umd.edu/

Bill "U of MD, Class of Beforeyouwereborn" S.

Old October 27th 04, 10:47 AM
Roger Zoul

Mike Kruger wrote:
|| From my brother in law:
|| "Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and
|| downpours, but can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big
|| snapper very, very slowly making his way across the road. With all
|| the traffic he's a definite goner. Me, I pull up and try to prod him
|| along with my front wheel, until he bites the tire and gives me a
|| flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he ****es all over
|| me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
|| ******* and start walking home."

How would you like it is someone tried to prod you along with the front
wheel of a bike?

Old October 27th 04, 12:11 PM
Badger_South

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 05:47:47 -0400, "Roger Zoul"
wrote:

Mike Kruger wrote:
|| From my brother in law:
|| "Oh sure, while on your bike you've been hit by police cars and
|| downpours, but can you top this? On the BikeE when I see ... a big
|| snapper very, very slowly making his way across the road. With all
|| the traffic he's a definite goner. Me, I pull up and try to prod him
|| along with my front wheel, until he bites the tire and gives me a
|| flat! When I very, very carefully pick him up--he ****es all over
|| me. So I pitch him into the next pond as far as I can throw the
|| ******* and start walking home."

How would you like it is someone tried to prod you along with the front
wheel of a bike?

I'm prodding myself along with the uh, wheels of a bike.

-B
turtling up