Free Mountain Bike Ebook

Old August 2nd 09, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ejflash

Default Free Mountain Bike Ebook

Hey There Fellow Mountain Bikers!

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Eric Johnson. I have been a
serious mountain biker for over 15 years. I’m currently writing a
book that will expose mountain bike advice and tips that will catapult
you to the next level.

However, before I complete my book I want your help…

I want your feedback on the following two questions:

1. If you had 5 minutes to talk with a pro mountain biker what
question are you dying to get answered?

2. ...And which pro mountain biker would you want to talk to?

And in return for you feedback, I will email you a complimentary copy
of this amazing book when it is published. So what are you waiting
for? Please answer the two questions and email ) me
your responses. Then, when I have completed my book I will email you
a free copy of the book. Simple as that…

Oh and one more thing, I take your privacy very, very seriously. I
will not sell or release your email address to anyone. Thank you and
happy trails!

Eric Johnson

Old August 2nd 09, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

ejflash wrote:

I want your feedback on the following two questions:

1. If you had 5 minutes to talk with a pro mountain biker what
question are you dying to get answered?

I'd ask if he'd ever heard of Fletcher's Law of Inverse Appreciation.

Old August 2nd 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman[_2_]

wrote: I'd ask if he'd ever heard of
Fletcher's Law of Inverse Appreciation.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Would you please quote Fletcher's law? If it's anywhere near as good as
Murphy's law, it's a winner.

Old August 2nd 09, 06:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Leo Lichtman wrote:

wrote: I'd ask if he'd ever heard of
Fletcher's Law of Inverse Appreciation.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Would you please quote Fletcher's law? If it's anywhere near as good as
Murphy's law, it's a winner.

The Law states that the less there is between you and the
environment, the more you appreciate that environment.
For example, you will see more of nature driving than you will flying
over it. Get off the freeway onto a back road, and you will see still
more. Get out of your car and onto a bike, and you will see yet more.
But to really see and appreciate the most, you have to walk.

Bill

__o | How many wilderness areas do we need?
_`\(,_ | How many Brahms symphonies do we need?
(_)/ (_) | - Robert Marshall

Old August 7th 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman[_2_]

wrote: The Law states that the less there is
between you and the
environment, the more you appreciate that environment. (clip)

Lichtman's corollary: The total benefit of an outing is the product of the
quality times length. If you go faster, you get less, but you get more. If
you're not moving one of the factors is zero. If you're moving too fast,
the other factor approaches zero. Somewhere in between, there is a maximum.