Favorite music while bicycling

Old March 26th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
JCrowe

Default Favorite music while bicycling

Hi Folks,

So, what music do people listen to while cycling? I was
just listening to four Rossini overtures yesterday, William Tell,
The Silken Ladder, The Thieving Magpie and The Barber of Seville
and I thought I'd start this thread. I also like the last Dylan
album and JJ Cale/Eric Clapton latest as well. Anybody else?
Old March 26th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 03:15:40 GMT, JCrowe
wrote:

So, what music do people listen to while cycling? I

I like to sing. Opera is good.
--
zk
Old March 26th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dennis P. Harris

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 03:15:40 GMT in rec.bicycles.misc, JCrowe
wrote:

what music do people listen to while cycling

I don't. I'd rather stay alive, thank you. I want to hear the
cagers approaching from the rear, the birds, the dog that's going
to run out and start chasing me, the surf, the beavers splashing
in the pond as they try to dam the culvert and flood the road...

Anyone cycling with headphones on is asking for trouble.

Old March 26th 08, 08:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

So, what music do people listen to while cycling?
I like to sing. Opera is good.

=v= Yeah, except you can't stop until you find a fat
lady and persuade her to join in.
_Jym_

Old March 26th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
JCrowe

wrote:

what music do people listen to while cycling

I don't. I'd rather stay alive, thank you. I want to hear the
cagers approaching from the rear, the birds, the dog that's going
to run out and start chasing me, the surf, the beavers splashing
in the pond as they try to dam the culvert and flood the road...

Anyone cycling with headphones on is asking for trouble.

So much for the hope that the neo-Puritans would just leave
this alone. I've ridden seriously for over thirty years, much
of it while listening to music and I have never failed to hear
danger approaching. Luckily, I still live in a country that's
free enough where this has not been banned.

Old March 26th 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Skip

wrote:

what music do people listen to while cycling

I don't. I'd rather stay alive, thank you.

Anyone cycling with headphones on is asking for trouble.

I completely agree. I do "listen" but conversationally (one earphone only -
an open style that allows traffic noise and not turned up beyond
comprehension-quality audio) via ham radio.

http://www.BMHA-Hams.org -- an international group of ham-radio bicyclists.

Some members use Morse code while cycling -- including such innovations as
using the "play" in modern brake-lever shifters as the "dit" and "dah"
paddles. I'm not so sophisticated.

- Skip

Old March 26th 08, 02:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Marz

On Mar 25, 10:15*pm, JCrowe wrote:
Hi Folks,

* * So, what music do people listen to while cycling? I was
just listening to four Rossini overtures yesterday, William Tell,
The Silken Ladder, The Thieving Magpie and The Barber of Seville
and I thought I'd start this thread. I also like the last Dylan
album and JJ Cale/Eric Clapton latest as well. Anybody else?

Something loud and with a beat. Right now I've got Junkie XL playing
first on the playlist, follow by some Oakenfold, Ministry of Sound and
Goldie.
Old March 26th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

Anyone cycling with headphones on is asking for trouble.

=v= Bring back the Bone Fone(R)!

http://yourtech.typepad.com/main/200...ne_fone_i.html

_Jym_

Old March 26th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
DennisTheBald

On Mar 25, 9:15 pm, JCrowe wrote:

Headphones? We ain't got no headphones, ...We don't have to show you
any stinking headphones.

I didn't hear the OP say anything about using headphones to listen to
said music.

Noise canceling headphones may not be a good idea. Others, ear buds,
may not be bad.

But sound, like light, can help us ensure that the brain dead are
aware of our presence. It ain't got to be fancy to be loud, a $15
pair of computer speakers will plug in where most headphones do and
run off of a pair of c-cells (sister sledge sells c-cells by the sea,
sure)

Crank it like you was a disaffected youth with a cheap car and and
expensive rims. Let the locomotion impaired hear ya coming. Yes, loud
and rhythmic - give us the funk.

Old March 26th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Mar 25, 9:15*pm, JCrowe wrote:
Hi Folks,

* * So, what music do people listen to while cycling? I was
just listening to four Rossini overtures yesterday, William Tell,
The Silken Ladder, The Thieving Magpie and The Barber of Seville
and I thought I'd start this thread. I also like the last Dylan
album and JJ Cale/Eric Clapton latest as well. Anybody else?

I used to listen to Jimi Hendrix and Metallica and Black Sabbath.

I'm older now and a bit hard of hearing. I don't listen to music. I
listen for potential hazards.