Got screamed at for the first time today

Old July 6th 03, 10:47 AM
Gyp

Default Got screamed at for the first time today

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
Gyp wrote in message
70 does make you wobble doesn't it Wince, Saying that I got blasted
onto the curb the other day when a jam sandwich came blasting past at
some crazy speed. Sad thing was about 5 mins later it came blasting back
the other way. I guess the local cop-shops chips where getting cold..
Chuckle

Bunch of arse!

ChuckleAccualy I think he was a policeman.. But same concept I
suspect.. I have every consideration for emergency services
wanting/getting someplace quick but its another think when they a)
attempt to do me harm and b) zip back the other way n mins later..

Nasty... Those boy racers are not cool when it comes to pedestrians and
cyclists..

You're not kidding - they don't care if it's all traffic and junctions,
they're all about maximum acceleration and maximum braking. ****ing *******.

Oh yes we have our fair share of ******* around here.. Its the way they
appear to travel at a minimum of 70mph whilst weaving through traffic to
get anywhere that gives them away. Oh that and because they only drive
with one hand on the wheel cos the other is being used to toss with..

Mind you I've had a couple of woman driver decide to horn me doing right
turns (I assume because I blocking their progress). In the standard
english tradition I normal return the favour by shouting "Learn to
F**King drive" and presenting them with the accident 2 fingered salute
which is perfect for these occasions..

BTDT! Heheheheh.......

Well its half relief that I'm still alive and in one peice, With any
luck when I do get taken off a bike by a tosser car I'll be concious
enough to give them a eun of verbal abuse as they cart me off to A&E
Grin..

The last time it happened I was so CROSS I accualy followed the chap
(who had basicly tried to drive into me) flashing my headlights and
sounding my horn..

You catch him?

Nah, I did a couple of miles just so the old coot got the message and
then went about my biz. I think the thing that really gt the red mist
going was the fact that even though he nearly drove into me he never
ONCE acknowledged that I'd even existing never mind he'd f**ked up.

Figured he deserved to be reminded that I was not invisible so the next
time he does that right turn it might occur to him to look..S******

Kath has chased a couple of idiots down before now, for cutting her up and
making her figuratively **** herself. One even got out the car when she
caught him, then legged it back into the car when she jumped out herself,
heheheheh - she's a gorgeous sweet woman, but I wouldn't like to be the
idiot that ****ed her off, nosirree - nope, not me! Heheheheh.....

Chuckle, Its funny how thsse gorgeous sweet woman folks we have are
not to be crossed or slighted.. My own dear Morag is much the same, as
sweet as can be until that terrible moment when she narrows those eyes
of hers and goes for it.. Always a good time to stand back with a pained
look on my face...Whimper

Basicly I think that UK roads are being driving by more and more
complete buck eejits...than ever before..

Aye, quite probably. Add to this an increase in overall
traffic..........shud-d-der............

Even more reason to take to the roads on push-bikes.. Once there are
n-thousand bikes on the road every morning the traffic will have no
choice but to either a) drive on the wrong side of the road or b) have a
maximum speed of that of the cyclists.

I remember doing the london bike ride a couple of years ago where
through weight of numbers we basicy took over the roads. Of course we
didn't seem to be very popular in traffic jams and standing traffic as
we simply went around them, hehehe. Amazing the langauge you get from
mums and dads on a hot day stuck on the embankment.. S******

I'm very fortunate in that my office (when I'm not working from home
that is) is moving to 3 miles down the road. So I'll basicly have a
10/15 min juant along cycle lanes whizzing past the traffic jams.

Nothing feels better than whooshing past stationary/slow moving traffic
on a push-bike.. Well maybe if your on foot!! Laugh

Gyp

Old July 7th 03, 02:59 PM
Gyp

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
Gyp wrote in message

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

Yup - there is no excuse for driving in a manner that puts lives in danger
_period_ - I don't care what coloured ****ing uniform the driver is wearing.

Could have been worse.. I accualy could have come off or been thrown
into the path of a car.. At least this way I only got a scare and a new
gash on my calf.. Does play on your mind a bit these close shaves..
Start to think how long my luck can hold out..

Still statisticly cycling is safer then walking..Cough

Well its half relief that I'm still alive and in one peice, With any
luck when I do get taken off a bike by a tosser car I'll be concious
enough to give them a eun of verbal abuse as they cart me off to A&E
Grin..

Heh - When I was laid out on the floor, next to my burning motorbike, left
leg at (literally) right angles where it shouldn't be, and the woman
staggered stunned and dazed out of her car, mobile phone still in hand, I
was wide awake. Too busy howling like a wounded and furious demon to swear
at her though. ****, that _HURT_!!!!!!!

OuchWell on the bright side at least she knew that she' hadn't killed
you..hehehehe...

Touch wood I've not hit a car head enough for it to hurt..../Touch wood

Par for the course dude. Personally, I just can't wait until I'm commuting
this route in total darkness, Lovely! ;-(

Yes I'd like to think that being fitted with a incredibly bright red
flashing light would mean that only the blind could miss you. But
knowing some of the ******* out there it would be wise to assume that
they are all out to get you.. Grin..

Still think it would do the buggers some good to get on a bike for a few
days and find out what its like on the receiving end for a bit..

Play for the sympathy vote eh? "Please, your all tough and I'm all soft and
so easy to squish, you're scaring me!".

ChuckleAccualy I was thinking of when other people are at the sharp
end her anger.. If its directed at me it just results in me loosing my
rag and after we've vented a little steam we settle down and talk it
over.. Very rarely ends up with one of us on the couch...Chuckle

Yeah - last section of my ride to work is a queue about 1/4 mile long - I
get to sail right past them all (legally as well - I believe it's called
'overtaking', heheheh...). Most are cool, and some even move slightly
further in to the curb for me, but some others look furious,
heheheheheh.........

Indeedy...Chuckle

Wave

Gyp (Who managed a whole hours ride this afternoon without a single
incident).

Old July 7th 03, 03:26 PM
Shaun Rimmer

Gyp wrote in message
Shaun Rimmer wrote:
Gyp wrote in message

Shaun Rimmer wrote:

Yup - there is no excuse for driving in a manner that puts lives in

danger
_period_ - I don't care what coloured ****ing uniform the driver is

wearing.

Could have been worse..

Could have been better ',;~}~

I accualy could have come off or been thrown
into the path of a car.. At least this way I only got a scare and a new
gash on my calf.. Does play on your mind a bit these close shaves..
Start to think how long my luck can hold out..

Still statisticly cycling is safer then walking..Cough

Huh - per mile travelled, quite likely ',;~}~

Well its half relief that I'm still alive and in one peice, With any
luck when I do get taken off a bike by a tosser car I'll be concious
enough to give them a eun of verbal abuse as they cart me off to A&E
Grin..

Heh - When I was laid out on the floor, next to my burning motorbike,

left
leg at (literally) right angles where it shouldn't be, and the woman
staggered stunned and dazed out of her car, mobile phone still in hand,

was wide awake. Too busy howling like a wounded and furious demon to

swear
at her though. ****, that _HURT_!!!!!!!

OuchWell on the bright side at least she knew that she' hadn't killed
you..hehehehe...

I swear, if I coulda stood up, I'd have killed _her_! Stupid cow, left me
laid out there with the bike's petrol tank all in flames mere feet from me -
she was more concerned with being 'shocked' than me getting blown up/badly
burned. I mean, _I_ was the one in unbelievable freaking agony, not her -
FFS, I _screamed_ at her to help me move and she just kept staring at me!

Touch wood I've not hit a car head enough for it to hurt..../Touch

wood

Aye - keep it that way!

Par for the course dude. Personally, I just can't wait until I'm

commuting
this route in total darkness, Lovely! ;-(

Yes I'd like to think that being fitted with a incredibly bright red
flashing light would mean that only the blind could miss you. But
knowing some of the ******* out there it would be wise to assume that
they are all out to get you.. Grin..

Yeah - they use the light to find their target! I was commuting last winter
(only a short ride) with a homemade 50 watt halogen on the bars, and a
massively bright (homemade again) 10 or 12 (can't remember) LED light on the
back, and still they came for me like I wasn't there.

Still think it would do the buggers some good to get on a bike for a few
days and find out what its like on the receiving end for a bit..

Yup - should be the law IMNSHO.

Play for the sympathy vote eh? "Please, your all tough and I'm all soft

and
so easy to squish, you're scaring me!".

ChuckleAccualy I was thinking of when other people are at the sharp
end her anger.. If its directed at me it just results in me loosing my
rag and after we've vented a little steam we settle down and talk it
over.. Very rarely ends up with one of us on the couch...Chuckle

Cool!

Well, I've been seeing Kath since November, and we still haven't had a row
at all. A few disagreements and frustrated moments, but that's just life
wearing at you.

Yeah - last section of my ride to work is a queue about 1/4 mile long -

get to sail right past them all (legally as well - I believe it's called
'overtaking', heheheh...). Most are cool, and some even move slightly
further in to the curb for me, but some others look furious,
heheheheheh.........

Indeedy...Chuckle

It's especially good when I get to pass the eejit that just nearly wiped me
out, and scream "GIVE ME MORE ROOM NEXT TIME YA THICK *******" through their
window.......... heheheh........ ',;~}~

Wave

Gyp (Who managed a whole hours ride this afternoon without a single
incident).

Shaun aRe - Whos absolutely _knackered_ and has a half hour danger zone
commute ride at 5:00 p.m. Can't wait.......

Old July 7th 03, 06:13 PM
Mark Hickey

David Kerber wrote:

In article ,
says...
Yeah - last section of my ride to work is a queue about 1/4 mile long - I
get to sail right past them all (legally as well - I believe it's called
'overtaking', heheheh...). Most are cool, and some even move slightly
further in to the curb for me, but some others look furious,
heheheheheh.........

Heh! Last week, I was on the return leg of my ride down toward the town
beach, and I passed a line of cars at least 2 miles long. Again
legally; it was a wide-shouldered road, designated as a bike route, so
bikes are allowed to pass on the right. In fact, even the runners (of
which there are several) were passing the cars that day.

Be careful when doing that though - that's what I was up to when I had
my recent stackup. A truck turned through the stopped traffic without
looking to see if anyone was coming down the bike lane (there is a
separate, wide bike lane on this otherwise 2-lane road). I didn't see
him coming either because of the stopped traffic. It all happened
VERY fast, and there was literally nothing I could do to avoid the
impact.

In case anyone missed it: http://www.habcycles.com/bikecrash.html

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old July 7th 03, 06:40 PM
Gyp

Fritz M wrote:
Gyp wrote:

Basicly I think that UK roads are being driving by more and more
complete buck eejits...than ever before..

This reminds me of a thought I had a couple of weeks ago while driving: Do
cyclists tend to be more courteous drivers?

I think I tend to be more tolerant of slow drivers than I otherwise might
be.

RFM

Its a fair thought, I'd certainly say that my car driving towards
cyclists has improved since I've been cycling. Makes sense that some of
the worse car driver ofenders probably havn't ridden a bike for 20/30 years.

Old July 7th 03, 08:17 PM
Peter Gardner

This reminds me of a thought I had a couple of weeks ago while driving: Do
cyclists tend to be more courteous drivers?

I think I tend to be more tolerant of slow drivers than I otherwise might
be.

RFM

I avoid cars as much as possible, but as I'm still in college, it's
difficult to avoid when I'm home, especially on vacations. When my
family last made a road trip, I noticed that I really don't care how
many people pass me, whereas my parents tend to get nervous when a lot
of people pass.

Peter
Old July 7th 03, 10:17 PM
David Kerber

In article ,
says...
David Kerber wrote:

In article ,
says...
[...]

Yes, I was riding very carefully, going slower than normal and watching
both lanes. It was your description of your crash a few weeks ago which
made me more cautious!

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

Old July 7th 03, 10:30 PM
Bob M

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:17:42 -0400, David Kerber
wrote:

In article ,
says...
David Kerber wrote:

In article ,
says...
[...]

I've also been hit (or technically hit the car that turned in front of me)
in the same manner.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply
Old July 8th 03, 10:23 AM
Shaun Rimmer

Gyp wrote in message
Shaun Rimmer wrote:

OuchWell on the bright side at least she knew that she' hadn't killed
you..hehehehe...

I swear, if I coulda stood up, I'd have killed _her_! Stupid cow, left

me
laid out there with the bike's petrol tank all in flames mere feet from

me -
she was more concerned with being 'shocked' than me getting blown

up/badly
burned. I mean, _I_ was the one in unbelievable freaking agony, not

her -
FFS, I _screamed_ at her to help me move and she just kept staring at

me!

I've seen a couple of accidents.. when cyclists and pedestrians get hit
by cars and it is pretty brutal.. I still can't quite get the image of
a chap being hit at 80mph but a car..

I was a wreck, and I was only going 25 mph on the mo'bike. Lost half my
blood through internal bleeding. Good job I wasn't out in the styx or I'd
have been done for.

So what happened to your shocked woman?, did she get done for dangerous
driving a huge fine or what?. Or was it a "I didn't see him"? moment?
Sigh..

No, but I got threatened with being done for dangerous driving, since I ran
into the back of her, when she anchored on to answer her phone (no proof!),
in the middle of the road, on a wet winter morning with sun glare from the
road blinding me. I didn't stand a chance of stopping in time on my little
CB100. - The way the situation unfolded and the contributing factors were
beyond belief!

Shaun aRe - Who's absolutely _knackered_ and has a half hour danger zone
commute ride at 5:00 p.m. Can't wait.......

Bet you survived...Grin

Aye, just! Heheheheh.......

Shaun aRe