Historical-ride fashion dithers

Old May 18th 13, 04:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Historical-ride fashion dithers

There's a four-mile "historical ride" at three-O'clock today, and I
want to go. It being an "attract the newbies" ride, I really ought to
wear a civilian shirt instead of my jersey -- but I want to take my
wallet, keys, cell phone, lipstick, etc.

Especially the lipstick. I could carry that much in a jeans pocket,
and access it when off the bike, but I don't want to spend five
minutes pinning ankles etc. for a four-mile ride. Not when it's warm
enough that I can just drop the jeans and pull on knickers.

I suppose, having long since mislaid my Halt on account of people in
this area love their dogs enough to keep them out of busy roads and I
haven't been using it, I could put my lipstick in the Halt pocket of
my knickers.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old May 21st 13, 03:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_3_]

On 5/18/2013 11:02 AM, Joy Beeson wrote:
There's a four-mile "historical ride" at three-O'clock today, and I
want to go. It being an "attract the newbies" ride, I really ought to
wear a civilian shirt instead of my jersey -- but I want to take my
wallet, keys, cell phone, lipstick, etc.

Especially the lipstick. I could carry that much in a jeans pocket,
and access it when off the bike, but I don't want to spend five
minutes pinning ankles etc. for a four-mile ride. Not when it's warm
enough that I can just drop the jeans and pull on knickers.

I suppose, having long since mislaid my Halt on account of people in
this area love their dogs enough to keep them out of busy roads and I
haven't been using it, I could put my lipstick in the Halt pocket of
my knickers.

Since I started carrying a cell phone, I don't like the weight in my
back pockets so I started using a bar bag for wallet, phone and a
granola bar or whatever.

Maybe something you could use:
like http://www.ebay.com/bhp/bicycle-bar-bag

Historical 45' Giraffe; Photos Bondo Unicycling 14 November 7th 07 01:40 AM
Historical Question J Jones Racing 1 July 17th 05 06:50 AM
Historical query drkaboom Unicycling 3 May 27th 05 06:30 PM
FOUND: Historical MTB Artifact B i l l S o r n s o n Mountain Biking 8 October 27th 04 10:09 AM
Historical reference [email protected] Techniques 14 October 13th 04 05:12 AM