I've had enough of the abuse shouted towards us cyclists

Old March 9th 07, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Patter

Default I've had enough of the abuse shouted towards us cyclists

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:57:06 -0000, Rob Morley wrote:
You forgot
"Get off the pavement!"
"Get out of the gutter!"
"Oil that chain!"
"True that wheel!"
"Reconnect that brake!"
"It's a really bad idea to hang heavy carrier bags on your handlebars!"
"What do you think the 'max' mark on the seatpost/stem is for?"
"The pedestrian precinct is not a high speed slalom course!"
and probably a few others too.

Last one I remember hearing hearing from a pedestrian

"hey! your back wheel's going round" :P

--
Stephen Patterson :: :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber:
Old March 9th 07, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

I also get "Your back-tyres DOON!!", even thought I pumped it like
five minutes before.

Old March 9th 07, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup

Dave L wrote:

It probably was the police ;-)

Don't let sniper hear you say that. ;-)

--
www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk
Old March 9th 07, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

TimB wrote:

Why should summertime make any difference?
Will the alchies be sober then? will the 11-yr-olds have grown up?

Well, chances are that some of the 11-year olds will be 12 by then.

Cheers,
Luke

--
Lincoln City 0-2 Southend United (AET)
Swansea City 2-2 Southend United
Old March 9th 07, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin Dann

Roger Thorpe wrote:
I have to make a confession.
I'm one of those people who shout at cyclists. Usually it's one of;

I have had
"Your rear wheel is going round."
shouted at me several times. Always late at night on the way home from
work, and always on the same street. I know it has been shouted by at
least two different people.

Martin.
Old March 9th 07, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Richard Bates

Martin Dann wrote:
I have had
"Your rear wheel is going round."

Yer back weelz gowin the same ways yer frunt.

(I'm from Birmingham)
Old March 10th 07, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Martin Dann
') wrote:

Roger Thorpe wrote:
I have to make a confession.
I'm one of those people who shout at cyclists. Usually it's one of;

I have had
"Your rear wheel is going round."
shouted at me several times. Always late at night on the way home from
work, and always on the same street. I know it has been shouted by at
least two different people.

That's a common one. You get odder things shouted when you ride a bike with
a monoblade front 'fork', believe me!

IMHO, there aren't enough committed Christians, but that's care
in the community for you. -- Ben Evans

Old March 11th 07, 02:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

wrote:

Just back for a wee run with some members of the Humane Society in
Glasgow Green. Everything was going well until some idiot set his dog
on us. We all heard him going "Psss..get EM!!". I don't believe I've
ever moved so fast in my life. We got a description so we noted it in
the book.

We then left two to go home, and three of us were now left cycling. We
were all called "poofy *******s" next, and some middle-aged alchie
said that "if we ever seen him again we were to cross the road", or
he'd put a "knife in our throat".

The bikes going into the cupboard until the Summer.

Anybody else get dogs abuse like this? Especially around the Richmond
Park area?

I only been to richmound park a few times, but it was very busy every
time i've been, with walkers + dog, mountain bikes/road bikes and cars

its rather packed for the differnt uses. i could easly imagine arguments
as such beteen folks.

one was during the weekend one was just after 9am midweek..

roger
Old March 11th 07, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Holmes

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just back for a wee run with some members of the Humane Society in
Glasgow Green. Everything was going well until some idiot set his dog
on us. We all heard him going "Psss..get EM!!". I don't believe I've
ever moved so fast in my life. We got a description so we noted it in
the book.

When we used to encounter this, we would all remove our pumps and hit the
dog on the nose, the dogs usually got the message!

Alan

Report Abuse Tom Kunich Racing 14 December 20th 05 04:24 PM
Anonymous Abuse Kenneth Racing 3 August 7th 04 05:47 AM
Please abuse me (I like a klein) Monique Y. Mudama Mountain Biking 72 June 8th 04 05:45 PM
How often do you get honked/shouted at? elyob UK 18 September 9th 03 08:59 PM