I must commend the people who maintain the Clyde Walkway..

Old April 6th 07, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default I must commend the people who maintain the Clyde Walkway..

Brilliant stuff. No glass. Very smooth.

Brilliant performance.

Old April 6th 07, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pinky

wrote in message
oups.com...
Brilliant stuff. No glass. Very smooth.

Brilliant performance.

There are lots of places in the Doncaster Metropolitan Borough area where
glass and debris ( and I mean the identical stuff there the whole time) has
been there for over 6 months!

However this is totally normal and is the reason I do not use cycle
farcilities. Debris slowly decays, cans just stay there embedding into the
background and glass slowly grinds down to dust. The whole area is just one
huge tip. I cannot but think that the old way of having men with a brush,
shovel and a big bin on wheels was certainly much more effective than the
truck with brushes which races round my local road about once every 2 months
( failing to clean anything because of the parked cars!)

I tried a count of discarded rubbish in the verge of a local "straight mile"
in nearby pleasant country while on my bike. The count failed in the 1200 +
items from beer cans to mattresses!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Maintain those pedals! Brian MacKenzie Unicycling 8 June 26th 06 12:54 PM
Clyde Tunnel 2 Bob Downie UK 5 February 3rd 06 09:56 AM
Clyde Tunnel Bob Downie UK 21 January 31st 06 05:32 PM
Unicycling the Queen Charlotte Walkway- 71km of singletrack heaven GizmoDuck Unicycling 11 June 14th 05 09:24 AM
Ping CLYDE B i l l S o r n s o n Mountain Biking 0 November 12th 04 05:31 PM