You ever been skelped by a belt on your bike?

Old May 9th 07, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default You ever been skelped by a belt on your bike?

Your cycling along and this ruffian justs kabooms you with a big belt.
The poor wee guy on the bike got it right on his chest, and fell
backwards, clutching his chest.

Look out for that kind of activity.

Old May 9th 07, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Johns

On Wed, 9 May 2007, Paul Boyd wrote:
Your cycling along and this ruffian justs kabooms you with a big belt.
The poor wee guy on the bike got it right on his chest, and fell
backwards, clutching his chest.

You really do post some bizarre things. Do you live in Baghdad or somewhere?

I wouldn't be suprised to see it happen in several parts of the UK.

If cycling is as bad where you live as you often make out, you really should
consider moving.

Ah yes, that's the answer, don't try to tackle the probem that the streets
are full of rather violent scum, no, that's too much effort - move away
from them and send the signal that violence works.

Why should he be forced to move? Why not try to actually fix the problem
instead? It's hardly suprising that kids (and adults) go around
terrorising the neighbours in this country when the best solution we can
come up with is "sod it, let them win".
--
Chris Johns
Old May 9th 07, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
elyob

"Chris Johns" wrote in message
cal...
[...]

Chris, go through David Chase's past messages. I also truly believe he
should move somewhere alse and give up cycling. His life would be far more
pleasant.

Old May 9th 07, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith

On Wed, 9 May 2007 17:37:06 +0100, "elyob"
wrote:

Why should he be forced to move? Why not try to actually fix the problem
instead? It's hardly suprising that kids (and adults) go around
terrorising the neighbours in this country when the best solution we can
come up with is "sod it, let them win".

Chris, go through David Chase's past messages. I also truly believe he
should move somewhere alse and give up cycling. His life would be far more
pleasant.

When I read the original post I checked the header to see which groups
it was cross-posted to, then I realised who the poster was and it all
made sense. Does he spend all his time thinking of the most dreadful
things that could ever happen to a cyclist?

"I was riding along the Hampshire coast and there was an earthquake
and I could have been *killed*, so don't ride a bike just in case."

Judith

Old May 9th 07, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

wrote:

Why should he be forced to move? Why not try to actually fix the problem
instead? It's hardly suprising that kids (and adults) go around
terrorising the neighbours in this country when the best solution we can
come up with is "sod it, let them win".

Chris, go through David Chase's past messages. I also truly believe he
should move somewhere alse and give up cycling. His life would be far more
pleasant.

When I read the original post I checked the header to see which groups
it was cross-posted to, then I realised who the poster was and it all
made sense. Does he spend all his time thinking of the most dreadful
things that could ever happen to a cyclist?

"I was riding along the Hampshire coast and there was an earthquake
and I could have been *killed*, so don't ride a bike just in case."

Judith

I imagine its actually quite difficult if not impossible to do that with
a belt from a moving car. No room to swing it plus the differential
velocity makes it very difficult to hit the front of someone with a
swung belt.

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell
Old May 9th 07, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ambrose Nankivell

Tony Raven wrote:
I imagine its actually quite difficult if not impossible to do that with
a belt from a moving car. No room to swing it plus the differential
velocity makes it very difficult to hit the front of someone with a
swung belt.

I'm pretty sure the fictional assault referred to was done by a
pedestrian. But you can't be sure.

Old May 9th 07, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

On 09/05/2007 17:15, Chris Johns said,

Ah yes, that's the answer, don't try to tackle the probem that the
streets are full of rather violent scum, no, that's too much effort -
move away from them and send the signal that violence works.

Have you read David's previous posts? It seems that every single thing
that could possibly happen to someone has happened to him. It's got to
the point where it's really not believable any more. At the very least
he needs to change his routes - most of these assaults or advances seem
to keep happening in the same place.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old May 9th 07, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

Paul Boyd wrote on 09/05/2007 18:24 +0100:

At the very least
he needs to change his routes - most of these assaults or advances seem
to keep happening in the same place.

In his mind?

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell

What is a 'bike belt'? [email protected] General 13 September 2nd 05 04:14 PM
Belt Drives Tosspot UK 12 August 13th 05 08:41 AM
FS Accurex II with new t31 belt dwall Marketplace 1 March 9th 05 03:12 PM
SS Belt Drive? supabonbon Techniques 39 November 18th 04 09:53 PM
Another nearly-50 miles under the belt.. Velvet UK 12 June 29th 04 07:50 PM