Helmet laws discourage youth cycling

Old January 21st 10, 02:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jack Russell

Default Helmet laws discourage youth cycling

Claude wrote:
"Jack Russell" wrote in message

Anyway, let us agree to differ on this

--

Forgot to mention that I don't really have strong views one way or another
on this. I'm primarily interested in seeing whatever evidence there is for

http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=5180

Lots more stuff on the CTC site for a start.

--
Remove norubbish to reply
Old February 4th 10, 01:22 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2010-01-20, Claude (aka Bruce)
Of course, it's a big assumption that people who are put off cycling by
compulsory helmet requirements don't take up some alternative activity that
improves health by a comparable amount. Young people in particular would
have many other options.

Wii bicycle riding? I don't think it would catch on.

--
TimC
You really need a dual GHz G4 to fully harness the power of cowsay.
Old February 5th 10, 02:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Tserkezis

On 5/02/2010 12:22 AM, TimC wrote:

Wii bicycle riding? I don't think it would catch on.

Why? The fitness thing is catching on. And all you're doing is
throwing around a wireless handset.

Do Bike Helmet Laws Discourage Biking? [email protected][_2_] General 29 January 22nd 10 05:06 AM
USA helmet laws. Simon Mason UK 24 May 6th 09 10:39 PM
Letter to discourage cycling for transport. [email protected] UK 127 April 29th 09 06:18 PM
Letter to discourage cycling for transport. spindrift UK 3 April 26th 09 08:22 PM
Letter to discourage cycling for transport. pk UK 0 April 26th 09 05:48 PM