cycling

Old November 17th 04, 07:29 PM
S.Verbeck

Default cycling

Dear Sir or Madam:
I am a college student at the University of Northern Iowa, and I am
very interested in cycling and conducting research on the topic. I
would appreciate it if you could provide your insights regarding the
following research questions. Your responses to these questions will
remain confidential and your identity will remain anonymous in the
research. Also, if you wish to receive a copy of this research
report, please indicate so in the last question, and you will receive
a copy when the research is completed. Please send your response to
my e-mail address at by Friday, November 19, 2004.
If you have any questions about this research, please feel free to
contact my research advisor Dr. Sarina Chen at
.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
S.Verbeck
Dept. of Communication Studies
Univ. of Northern Iowa

Sarina Chen, Ph.D
Associate Professor
Dept. of Communication Studies
Univ. of Northern Iowa

Questions:
1. Why did you start cycling?
2. What do you like most about cycling?
3. Are you ever too old to cycle?
4. Do you feel that biking is safer than driving a car?
5. Is cycling hard on the body?
6. What are some fun rides to do around the country?
7. Do you use clip-in pedals for regular road cycling or just mountain
bike cycling?
8. What are the best tires to use for road bike cycling?
Old November 17th 04, 07:58 PM
Pat

:
: Questions:
: 1. Why did you start cycling?
: 2. What do you like most about cycling?
: 3. Are you ever too old to cycle?
: 4. Do you feel that biking is safer than driving a car?
: 5. Is cycling hard on the body?
: 6. What are some fun rides to do around the country?
: 7. Do you use clip-in pedals for regular road cycling or just mountain
: bike cycling?
: 8. What are the best tires to use for road bike cycling?

Your selection of questions is strange. They go from broad to zeroing in on
pedals and tires. Why is that? If you want advice on pedals, ask. If you
want to know what tires people prefer, just ask. You don't have to hide what
you want among the vague questions....this doesn't look like a survey to me.

Pat in TX

Old November 17th 04, 09:12 PM
Leo Lichtman

"Pat" wrote: Your selection of questions is strange. They go from broad to
zeroing in on pedals and tires. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree. Here are a few more questions to add to your list:

9. What color bicycle do you prefer?
10. Do you believe that the hub hangs from the top spokes, or stands on the
bottom spokes?
11. If you often ride against the traffic with a helmet, so you consider
yourself safer than riding with the traffic without a helmet?
12. How long do you usually ride, and how long is your bike?

Old November 17th 04, 10:29 PM
Bill Beeman

"S.Verbeck" wrote in message
om...
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am a college student at the University of Northern Iowa, and I am
very interested in cycling and conducting research on the topic. I
would appreciate it if you could provide your insights regarding the
following research questions. Your responses to these questions will

Troll alert...under different names (and questions) this has popped up on a
number of groups today

Bill

Old November 18th 04, 12:27 AM
Ravi

S.Verbeck wrote:

[...]

from
http://www.chfa.uni.edu/comstudy/fac...sp?PersonID=11

QUOTE Currently, I am studying the presentation of self in cyberspace
by examining the signature files, and the cyberspace as a public sphere
by analyzing the communications in news groups./QUOTE

my guess is the intent of the OP is to study the group dynamics - why
not read the archive and do the study ??

googling around, i see lots of similar survey posts (to other groups)
from the same source...

+ravi
Old November 18th 04, 07:47 PM
R15757

That is the lamest fake study
I've ever seen.

Back to the drawing board,
Professor Sneak.
Old November 18th 04, 08:04 PM
philhudson

S.Verbeck Wrote:
[...]

I think its got something to do with tyres, like some inside researcher
for michellein....

--
philhudson