I've had enough of the abuse shouted towards us cyclists

Old March 7th 07, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default I've had enough of the abuse shouted towards us cyclists

Just back for a wee run with some members of the Humane Society in
Glasgow Green. Everything was going well until some idiot set his dog
on us. We all heard him going "Psss..get EM!!". I don't believe I've
ever moved so fast in my life. We got a description so we noted it in
the book.

We then left two to go home, and three of us were now left cycling. We
were all called "poofy *******s" next, and some middle-aged alchie
said that "if we ever seen him again we were to cross the road", or
he'd put a "knife in our throat".

The bikes going into the cupboard until the Summer.

Anybody else get dogs abuse like this? Especially around the Richmond
Park area?

Old March 7th 07, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_2_]

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just back for a wee run with some members of the Humane Society in
Glasgow Green. Everything was going well until some idiot set his dog
on us. We all heard him going "Psss..get EM!!". I don't believe I've
ever moved so fast in my life. We got a description so we noted it in
the book.

We then left two to go home, and three of us were now left cycling. We
were all called "poofy *******s" next, and some middle-aged alchie
said that "if we ever seen him again we were to cross the road", or
he'd put a "knife in our throat".

The bikes going into the cupboard until the Summer.

Anybody else get dogs abuse like this? Especially around the Richmond
Park area?

I hope you've reported them all to the police.

The only problem I've had round here was a week or so ago when a group of
about 10 kids were blocking a shared cycle path. I rang bell and the
brighter half of them looked and politely kept to the side. The others did
nothing so I rang my bell again and some of them looked but didn't move so I
went round them on the grass. As the group who had moved were laughing at
their friends for nearly being run over (although I gave them plenty of
room) one of them shouted "f***ing slow down mate". I replied with equally
coarse language which prompted all kinds of threats but as they were coming
from 10-12 year olds I ignored them and carried on home - much to their
annoyance.

--
peter

Cheap train tickets database
http://www.petereverett.co.uk/tickets/

Email sent to this address is generally deleted upon arrival
Visit website if you want to contact me

Old March 7th 07, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs

wrote:

The bikes going into the cupboard until the Summer.

Does that mean we won't here from you for a while? ;-)

~PB

Old March 7th 07, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave L

"naked_draughtsman" wrote in
:

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just back for a wee run with some members of the Humane Society in
Glasgow Green. Everything was going well until some idiot set his dog
on us. We all heard him going "Psss..get EM!!". I don't believe I've
ever moved so fast in my life. We got a description so we noted it in
the book.

We then left two to go home, and three of us were now left cycling.
We were all called "poofy *******s" next, and some middle-aged alchie
said that "if we ever seen him again we were to cross the road", or
he'd put a "knife in our throat".

The bikes going into the cupboard until the Summer.

Anybody else get dogs abuse like this? Especially around the Richmond
Park area?

I hope you've reported them all to the police.

It probably was the police ;-)

Dave
Old March 8th 07, 07:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TimB

On Mar 8, 4:29 am, Rob Morley wrote:
In article . com,

The bikes going into the cupboard until the Summer.

That's the sort of reaction I'd expect from a poofy *******.

Why should summertime make any difference?
Will the alchies be sober then? will the 11-yr-olds have grown up?

Old March 8th 07, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

I think women get a slightly better deal with this problem. I once had
a middle age man shout something at me. When I passed and he saw I was
female, he said 'sorry luv'. I'm not his 'luv' and being female should
make a difference. If you lot are poofy basterds then I am
too...brothers!

Old March 9th 07, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe

I have to make a confession.
I'm one of those people who shout at cyclists. Usually it's one of;
"Use the BALLS of your feet!"
"Your saddle's too high/low!"
"Your lights seem to have fallen off somewhere!"
"Use your gears of your knees will be like mine!"
"I bet you wish that shop had fitted mudguards now!"
Of course I always make sure that the window is closed before I do this.
My partner, who is the one on the right doing the driving has absorbed
all this advice and more. Sadly she doesn't ride a bike. Yet.
Roger Thorpe

Report Abuse Tom Kunich Racing 14 December 20th 05 04:24 PM
Anonymous Abuse Kenneth Racing 3 August 7th 04 05:47 AM
Please abuse me (I like a klein) Monique Y. Mudama Mountain Biking 72 June 8th 04 05:45 PM
How often do you get honked/shouted at? elyob UK 18 September 9th 03 08:59 PM