Worst injury your cycle has caused you?

Old April 10th 07, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Worst injury your cycle has caused you?

I have kind of spiked pedals and they ripped right up the back of my
calve today. Thats pain.

Whats the worst injury your bike has caused you? for example, you
might have went flying (Can you fly Bobby?), crashed into something
etc.

Old April 10th 07, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have kind of spiked pedals and they ripped right up the back of my
calve today. Thats pain.

Aren't shins more painful?

cheers,
clive

Old April 10th 07, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Coyoteboy

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have kind of spiked pedals and they ripped right up the back of my
calve today. Thats pain.

Whats the worst injury your bike has caused you? for example, you
might have went flying (Can you fly Bobby?), crashed into something
etc.

List can be seperated into types of riding:

Road:
Wheelied up a kerb and landed a little early, snapped front forks and landed
on stem on my nuts.
Ran into a stationary car while tanking along and sneezing (bad
combination) - broke my nose and slid over the roof of the car.

MTB:
Broken collar bone clipping a tree with my shoulder on a twisty descent at
~30mph.
Several holes and rips in shins from pedals.
Several skinned areas from crashing on night rides.
Knocked myself unconcious and chipped my hip bone when the front wheel
washed out as i was pulling down the drive, head-butted the boat (20ft,
weighs a lot, and shifted the tyre ~1cm on the path) then bounced out and
woke up buried under the front of the 4x4. Had to get someone to pull me out
& I couldnt even remember how i got there.

Trials:
Twisted ankles
Serious holes in shins and dents in shin bones.
Butted the stem dropping in to flat land from 5ft.

Old April 10th 07, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Helen Deborah Vecht

I have had:

a bruised hip from an involuntary dismount when I hit a nasty ridge with
my MTB
Grazed hands and knees when I tripped over my bicycle.
a microscopic fingernail bruise when I hit a car bumper and fell off

Nothing in any way serious in about 25 years of cycling.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old April 10th 07, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 10 Apr, 16:36, wrote:
I have kind of spiked pedals and they ripped right up the back of my
calve today. Thats pain.

Whats the worst injury your bike has caused you? for example, you
might have went flying (Can you fly Bobby?), crashed into something
etc.

Coming home from the rifle club I came off after hitting a brick. As
it was a very hot day - 1976 - I was only wearing a pair of shorts,
the road was a gravel track so I ended up head to foot in gravel rash
and scabs. It was agony for weeks...NB: Do not upset the French
mistress as she pulls you scabs off.

Sniper8052

Old April 10th 07, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup

Coyoteboy wrote:

List can be seperated into types of riding:

snip tale of woe and injury

Was going to post about the times I "thwacked" my shins with pedal cages
or maybe the time (as a child) when I pulled a wheelie on a bike, chap
who owned the bike hadn't tightened up the nuts properly, and so the
front wheel promptly fell off. I landed on the front forks, dived over
the handlebars and landed on the road, "luckily" my head broke my fall
and I was only unconscious for 30 secs. But I shan't bother after
reading Coyoteboy's list of injuries.

--
www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk
Old April 10th 07, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_2_]

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have kind of spiked pedals and they ripped right up the back of my
calve today. Thats pain.

Whats the worst injury your bike has caused you? for example, you
might have went flying (Can you fly Bobby?), crashed into something
etc.

Particularly bad cricket match after school a good few years ago (we lost
and I got hit in the face by the ball at close range - but caught it!).
Went too fast around a corner, slid off and all down the hill. Couple of
good chunks out of my knees and a friction burn all the way up my thigh.

Wasn't able to walk between lessons for a week so had to sit near the main
door and have work brought down to me when the teachers could be bothered.
I think the music teacher gave me a soldering iron and some wire to mend
some audio leads for him which was a lot better than maths.

Currently got a very painful shoulder (among other things) where some klutz
thought it would be funny to jump out in front of me - unfortunately I think
I came off worst this time.
--
peter

Cheap train tickets database
http://www.petereverett.co.uk/tickets/

Email sent to this address is generally deleted upon arrival
Visit website if you want to contact me

Old April 10th 07, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Coyoteboy

"soup" wrote in message
k...
Coyoteboy wrote:

"luckily" my head broke my fall
and I was only unconscious for 30 secs. But I shan't bother after
reading Coyoteboy's list of injuries.

You win, ive never been unconcious (from cycling) for that long

Old April 10th 07, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
elyob

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have kind of spiked pedals and they ripped right up the back of my
calve today. Thats pain.

Whats the worst injury your bike has caused you? for example, you
might have went flying (Can you fly Bobby?), crashed into something
etc.

Cycled down the middle of the road on the white line, unfortunately cycled
straight into someone else doing the same. Neither of us were looking up!
Had a big bump on my head for weeks. [1]

[1] This was when I was like 5 or something.

worst unicycling injury ever zach_jucha Unicycling 24 May 19th 05 01:46 AM
Injury caused by helmet Sue White UK 12 December 18th 04 05:20 PM
Detailed cycle injury audit ? Ian Teelan UK 8 January 30th 04 04:13 PM
My worst uni injury yet XWonka Unicycling 12 July 15th 03 01:37 AM