Ride report after eating fruit

Old March 12th 12, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Ride report after eating fruit

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 00:41:09 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Mar 11, 7:30*am, Doug wrote:
On Mar 8, 5:16*am, "Simon Mason" wrote:

Ate a tin of grapefruit at 1400 and left work at 1500 with a 35mph direct
headwind to contend with. Thanks to thirty six's advice, I started with a
very high cadence of around 90 rpm. After about six miles I was cooking on
gas and pulling 20 mph into the wind with great ease. Then I got help up a
tad by these roadworks.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/roadworks.wmv

After that delay caused by drivers, I pinned it at 25mph, despite the wind.
About a mile from home I eased off and rode up the 70ft high "hill" back
home again. I will probably have herring, channa dahl, dark chocolate,
carrot cake and tinned mandarins before I set off home at 1500 today. One
more day tomorrow then a weekend of walking beckons again.

It beats wasting all my evenings and weekends hunched up posting trolling
messages nobody ever reads.

Don't give up. You are currently suffering from newsgroup addiction
which will wear off eventually and you can then post to newsgroups
normally. Meanwhile you are doing a great job of combating the
motorists who infest this cycling newsgroup.

Thanks - at least some people appreciate the hard work I put in.

Well it's not BP Chemicals. Saltend, Hull - that's for sure.

Some people???

Well let's see : we have thirtyfiveandahalf and Doug - commenting on posts made
by Simple Simon.

Now what is it that they - all three - have in common, and in spades?

Old March 12th 12, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 8, 8:11*am, thirty-six wrote:
and tinned mandarins before I set off home at 1500 today. One
more day tomorrow then a weekend of walking beckons again.

The low GI of chana dahl makes it look perfect to have before going
for a long walk.

I have a very odd diet planned for this dinnertime to make use of
stuff we need to get home.
So I have two Bury black pudding sandwiches, and a buffalo sausage
sandwich.
Fruit will be supplied by a tin of gooseberries and some dried
cranberries.

--
Simon Mason
Old March 12th 12, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 12, 11:51*am, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 8, 8:11*am, thirty-six wrote:

and tinned mandarins before I set off home at 1500 today. One
more day tomorrow then a weekend of walking beckons again.

The low GI of chana dahl makes it look perfect to have before going
for a long walk.

I have a very odd diet planned for this dinnertime to make use of
stuff we need to get home.

To get rid of at home I should have written.

Simon Mason

Old March 12th 12, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 12, 12:59*pm, thirty-six wrote:

Black pudding in scrambled eggs, black pudding with tomato (best
combo), black pudding in any soup, black pudding with brown sauce,
black pudding and peas, black pudding and chips, black pudding with
bubble and squeak (preferaly with tomatoes too). *I've never needed to
use it up, it's a good first choice and I make sure I have this before
thinking of sausage meat.

Old March 12th 12, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 12, 12:59*pm, thirty-six wrote:

Black pudding in scrambled eggs, black pudding with tomato (best
combo), black pudding in any soup, black pudding with brown sauce,
black pudding and peas, black pudding and chips, black pudding with
bubble and squeak (preferaly with tomatoes too). *I've never needed to
use it up, it's a good first choice and I make sure I have this before
thinking of sausage meat.

We get four slices per week as part of our weekly dead drop (another
is due tomorrow). My favourite combo as eaten usually at 0700 before
our country hill walking is two black puddings on pumpernickel bread
with a poached egg on top covered in totato sauce. I also get two
horseshoes of Spanish chorizo every week, but they accompany my steak
in the sauna each evening. Luckily for me, the female members of the
family don't like any of these and leave them well alone.

One of the chippies we go to even does fried black pudding, but I
stick to haddock.

--
Simon Mason

Old March 12th 12, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 12, 12:59*pm, thirty-six wrote:
Black pudding in scrambled eggs, black pudding with tomato (best
combo), black pudding in any soup, black pudding with brown sauce,
black pudding and peas, black pudding and chips, black pudding with
bubble and squeak (preferaly with tomatoes too). *I've never needed to
use it up, it's a good first choice and I make sure I have this before
thinking of sausage meat.

Being a Lancs lad - do you look for the local good stuff, or do you
just get any old make?
The Makro stuff dressed up like a dog meat cylinder looks well dodgy
to me.
--
Simon Mason
Old March 12th 12, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Mar 12, 2:21*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 12, 12:59*pm, thirty-six wrote:

Black pudding in scrambled eggs, black pudding with tomato (best
combo), black pudding in any soup, black pudding with brown sauce,
black pudding and peas, black pudding and chips, black pudding with
bubble and squeak (preferaly with tomatoes too). *I've never needed to
use it up, it's a good first choice and I make sure I have this before
thinking of sausage meat.

Being a Lancs lad - do you look for the local good stuff, or do you
just get any old make?

Usually pick up the little ones in the supermarket. It doesn't
usually bother me which unless I was having it just on a round of
white toast.

The Makro stuff dressed up like a dog meat cylinder looks well dodgy
to me.

I remember they used to have two makes, there is a difference and the
good one was very good in 2008 which was the last time I was there.

Of course I've just checked what I have in the fridge and it isn't a
great one, "Glenview" (Aldi?) made in Dublin, not to my taste, too
much cereal and just not black-pudding enough, added some grain
mustard which helped. Now that I've finished my pudding in tomato
soup, I feel it went well, the mustard really helps the lesser
puddings. I'm going to finish the rest of the can of soup with some
more pudding.

Old March 12th 12, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Mar 12, 2:59*pm, thirty-six wrote:
[...]

OK, second helping much better with the pudding fried up in farmhouse
butter rather than in rendered (tasteless) lard. It really needs
fresh dripping for best flavour with these high cereal puddings which
generally means some streaky Ulster bacon in the pan first. I also
used a dab of hot English mustard this time. I've never given it the
thought until today, it's the additional fat which the pudding draws
in which makes it (keep going till it's black) and don't be scared of
using a bit of English mustard. I remember my nan adding some green
stuff, sometimes, to soak the last of the fat from the pan, after
dishing the eggs, and it could well have been spinach. Sometimes it
got a bit late to the plate and I left half, sometimes on the
tablecloth.
Old March 12th 12, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 12/03/2012 13:25, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 12, 12:59 pm, wrote:

Black pudding in scrambled eggs, black pudding with tomato (best
combo), black pudding in any soup, black pudding with brown sauce,
black pudding and peas, black pudding and chips, black pudding with
bubble and squeak (preferaly with tomatoes too). I've never needed to
use it up, it's a good first choice and I make sure I have this before
thinking of sausage meat.

We get four slices per week as part of our weekly dead drop

Does anyone know WTF a 'dead drop' is?

University