Ride report after eating fruit

Old March 12th 12, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Default Ride report after eating fruit

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:05:43 +0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 12/03/2012 13:25, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 12, 12:59 pm, wrote:

Black pudding in scrambled eggs, black pudding with tomato (best
combo), black pudding in any soup, black pudding with brown sauce,
black pudding and peas, black pudding and chips, black pudding with
bubble and squeak (preferaly with tomatoes too). I've never needed to
use it up, it's a good first choice and I make sure I have this before
thinking of sausage meat.

We get four slices per week as part of our weekly dead drop

Does anyone know WTF a 'dead drop' is?

I think it is the term for a delivery of drugs in Hull - I guess that that is
where he picked it up.

Old March 12th 12, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 07:59:00 -0700 (PDT), thirty-six
wrote:

On Mar 12, 2:21*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 12, 12:59*pm, thirty-six wrote:

Black pudding in scrambled eggs, black pudding with tomato (best
combo), black pudding in any soup, black pudding with brown sauce,
black pudding and peas, black pudding and chips, black pudding with
bubble and squeak (preferaly with tomatoes too). *I've never needed to
use it up, it's a good first choice and I make sure I have this before
thinking of sausage meat.

Being a Lancs lad - do you look for the local good stuff, or do you
just get any old make?

Usually pick up the little ones in the supermarket. It doesn't
usually bother me which unless I was having it just on a round of
white toast.

The Makro stuff dressed up like a dog meat cylinder looks well dodgy
to me.

I remember they used to have two makes, there is a difference and the
good one was very good in 2008 which was the last time I was there.

Of course I've just checked what I have in the fridge and it isn't a
great one, "Glenview" (Aldi?) made in Dublin, not to my taste, too
much cereal and just not black-pudding enough, added some grain
mustard which helped. Now that I've finished my pudding in tomato
soup, I feel it went well, the mustard really helps the lesser
puddings. I'm going to finish the rest of the can of soup with some
more pudding.

Do you and the Simple one really have no real friends that you can go down the
pub with and have a good chat? - or is this your and his only mechanism for
communicating with people?

Old March 13th 12, 12:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:09:37 +0000, Judith wrote:

Simple Simon

One of the anatomical features that characterises the hagfish is the duct
which leads from the esophagus to the exterior on the left side only and
opens behind the rearmost gill opening. This duct is called the
oesophagocutaneous duct.

--
Life is a veneral disease with 100% mortality.
Old March 13th 12, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 12, 3:35*pm, thirty-six wrote:
OK, second helping much better with the pudding fried up in farmhouse
butter rather than in rendered (tasteless) lard. *It really needs
fresh dripping for best flavour with these high cereal puddings which
generally means some streaky Ulster bacon in the pan first. I also
used a dab of hot English mustard this time. *I've never given it the
thought until today, it's the additional fat which the pudding draws
in which makes it (keep going till it's black) and don't be scared of
using a bit of English mustard. *I remember my nan adding some green
stuff, sometimes, to soak the last of the fat from the pan, after
dishing the eggs, and it could well have been spinach. Sometimes it
got a bit late to the plate and I left half, sometimes on the
tablecloth.- Hide quoted text -

Good stuff.
We have another dead drop due today ( although technically it is a
live drop) at 1100 with more black pudding supplies due.

Here is the supplier - no Irish stuff or Webbox dog meat here you
know.

http://www.buryblackpuddings.co.uk/

I will probably save them until Friday when we will go to Rosedale
Abbey - I will need a hearty breakfast in order to be able to tackle
the 33% Chimney Bank. Then it is off to Whitby to look for Phil's
kippers at long last.

--
Simon Mason
Old March 13th 12, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Mar 13, 8:19*am, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Er, they sell 1lb chubb of black pudding. I think this may have been
that which was sold at Makro. If it is, it works well when fried up
in maize oil, IIRC it got too heavy for my taste(at that time) when
using 100% butter.

I will probably save them until Friday when we will go to Rosedale
Abbey - I will need a hearty breakfast in order to be able to tackle

You'll find Thwaites Nutty Black to be a good liquid accompaniment to
a fry-up.

Old March 13th 12, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Mar 13, 10:12*am, thirty-six wrote:
[...]

Mmmmn, just enjoyed two servings of the Dublin black pudding, fried in
butter, sEAsoned and mixed in with chopped tinned spinach and German
mustard. Probably best with orange juice but it went really well
with Sunraysia tomato juice. It's so good I'm licking out the pan.
Old March 13th 12, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 13, 11:38*am, thirty-six wrote:
[...]

with *Sunraysia tomato juice. *It's so good I'm licking out the pan.- Hide quoted text -

Hmm - I can almost taste it from 90 miles away.

I took a drinks bottlethis morning filled with last night's spag bol
that my daughter had cooked

There was some left over so Mrs M shoved it into my wide mouthed
bottle and I just put it in the microwave.
Should see me through until grapefruit eating time at 1330 - an early
knock off today as I am filling in for the 0630-1430 guy who has had
to nip off early.

More turf cutting and rockery building to follow while i

Old March 13th 12, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

continued - while I listen to Saddleworth's finest band.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barclay_James_Harvest

--
Simon Mason
Old March 15th 12, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 07:16:30 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
wrote:

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 16:52:29 +0000, Judith wrote:

On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 07:55:20 -0800 (PST), thirty-six

wrote:

snip

I doubt if I considered it completely I would want to discuss it at a
length which would bring full understanding in the public domain. It
may be that a some point I will discuss it in private with you to the
depth that it deserves. When is not forseeable, but my thoughts are
that it is probable.

Why don't both of you **** off and hold your "conversations" in private.

Why don't you ****ing not try to tell us what to do.
****ing nanny.

Oh so you think it is the norm to use newsgroups as a pure dialogue by pure
****wits about pure ****e do you?

Silly old sod

--
You are Peter Keller MB ChB FANZCA - a silly old sod in his late sixties in New Zealand, and ICMFP
A credit to the Medical Profession - ffs

Old March 16th 12, 06:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 13, 11:38*am, thirty-six wrote:

Mmmmn, just enjoyed two servings of the Dublin black pudding, fried in
butter, sEAsoned and mixed in with chopped tinned spinach and German
mustard. *Probably best with orange juice but it went really well
with *Sunraysia tomato juice. *It's so good I'm licking out the pan.- Hide quoted text -

I have just popped two black puddings in the oven along with some
buffalo sausages.
The last of the goose eggs is in the saucepan and I will put them all
on some toast made with soya/linseed barley bread.
Should keep me going until fish and pea in Whitby at 1300 or so.
Then it's off to Mr Fortune's wife for kippers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQd0Z-B33HA

--
Simon Mason