Cyclist Slashed Tyres

Old March 26th 04, 12:45 AM
PeterE

Default Cyclist Slashed Tyres

OK, would any cyclists like to defend this:

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...%2F03%2F25%2Fn
cars125.xml

"Ooh, he was provoked"...

I look forward to the mealy-mouthed, less than 100% condemnations.

"Motorists do far worse"...

--
http://www.speedlimit.org.uk
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." (William Pitt,

Old March 26th 04, 08:56 AM
Robert Bruce

mae wedi ysgrifennu:
OK, would any cyclists like to defend this:

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...%2F03%2F25%2Fn
cars125.xml

I notice that all follow-ups for this have been directed to uk.tosspot, so
replies are not appearing here.

Don't feed the troll.

--
Rob

Please keep conversations in the newsgroup so that all may contribute
and benefit.

Old March 26th 04, 09:11 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

"PeterE" wrote in message

OK, would any cyclists like to defend this:

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...ncars125 .xml

(this story first discussed ages ago when it was news)

Hmmmm, smells like troll****. What's that? Dishonest followup-to? Yep,
definitely troll****.

--
Guy
===

Old March 26th 04, 10:22 AM
Paul - xxx

PeterE posted ...

OK, would any cyclists like to defend this:

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...%2F03%2F25%2Fn
cars125.xml

Good screw-up for the return post, troll.

It was discussed in uk.rec.cycling when it was actually news, with wide
condemnation.

Would you care to comment on the atentiveness of motorists who, I quote from
the same piece - "Some of Carpenter's victims drove many miles unaware that
their tyres were slowly deflating."

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks ..

Old March 26th 04, 04:05 PM
MartinM

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message ...
PeterE posted ...

OK, would any cyclists like to defend this:

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...%2F03%2F25%2Fn
cars125.xml

Good screw-up for the return post, troll.

It was discussed in uk.rec.cycling when it was actually news, with wide
condemnation.

Would you care to comment on the atentiveness of motorists who, I quote from
the same piece - "Some of Carpenter's victims drove many miles unaware that
their tyres were slowly deflating."

This whole story is very regrettable, not least because it has
precipitated a rant by Jennifer Selway in today's Express about
cyclists; "I remember when cyclists knew their place, in the guard's
van; one day they will wake up and realise that getting from A to B is
much more pleasant in a car with air-con" sorry can't face reading any
more ;-(
Old March 26th 04, 04:55 PM
Doki

MartinM wrote:
"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
PeterE posted ...

OK, would any cyclists like to defend this:

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...%2F03%2F25%2Fn
cars125.xml

Good screw-up for the return post, troll.

It was discussed in uk.rec.cycling when it was actually news, with
wide condemnation.

Would you care to comment on the atentiveness of motorists who, I
quote from the same piece - "Some of Carpenter's victims drove many
miles unaware that their tyres were slowly deflating."

This whole story is very regrettable, not least because it has
precipitated a rant by Jennifer Selway in today's Express about
cyclists; "I remember when cyclists knew their place, in the guard's
van; one day they will wake up and realise that getting from A to B is
much more pleasant in a car with air-con" sorry can't face reading any
more ;-(

She's obviously off her trode. As a means of getting any great distance, a
car is vastly superior to a bike due to the fact that you have air con, a
radio, a comfy seat etc. and you'll get there at 60mph instead of 20 on a
good day. However, I find riding my bike much more entertaining than driving
at normal speeds, and it's probably as quick or quicker if you live in a
city.

Old March 26th 04, 10:52 PM
Robert Bruce

mae wedi ysgrifennu:

It promises to be a good weekend to be out on a bike unless you live
in W London; half the South East and most of the Mail/Express readers
will be in gridlock/arguing with cyclists on trains, travelling to the
Ideal Home Exhibition ;-)

Hmmm... Isn't the ideal home for an average Daily Mail reader somewhere on
Mars?

Old March 27th 04, 06:58 AM
MartinM

"Robert Bruce" wrote in message ...
mae wedi ysgrifennu:

It promises to be a good weekend to be out on a bike unless you live
in W London; half the South East and most of the Mail/Express readers
will be in gridlock/arguing with cyclists on trains, travelling to the
Ideal Home Exhibition ;-)

Hmmm... Isn't the ideal home for an average Daily Mail reader somewhere on
Mars?

No, there are no cars on Mars ;-)

road tyres geepeetee General 3 July 28th 04 10:41 AM
Cyclist scraps around the world plans Mike Kruger General 5 June 21st 04 09:23 PM
not a cyclist loki General 38 May 22nd 04 02:06 PM
Cyclist Jailed For Tire Slashings B. Lafferty Racing 8 April 19th 04 01:14 PM
What Makes You A Cyclist? TheCyclist2002 General 87 March 21st 04 05:42 AM