Losing the will to live

Old March 30th 07, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

Default Losing the will to live

What has happened to urc? It seems to have been taken over by a wave of
argumentative nit pickers while the regular, interesting and/or
informative posters seem to be fading into the background.

Its got to the point where I am seriously considering whether it is
worth continuing to wade through all the raging battles to find
something worth reading, which would be a sad end after 11 years and
13,000 postings.

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell
Old March 30th 07, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
squeaker

On 30 Mar, 17:21, Tony Raven wrote:
Its got to the point where I am seriously considering whether it is
worth continuing to wade through all the raging battles to find
something worth reading, which would be a sad end after 11 years and
13,000 postings.

Hang on it the spring should be along soon, which hopefully will
put an end to much of the raging 'cabin fever' that has been expressed
here of late......

Old March 30th 07, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick Kew

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:21:04 +0100
Tony Raven wrote:

Its got to the point where I am seriously considering whether it is
worth continuing to wade through all the raging battles to find
something worth reading, which would be a sad end after 11 years and
13,000 postings.

Kill the silly threads. Especially crossposts to [****].

You can also kill some of the proven *****s. To take two extremes,
avoiding any (sub)thread starting with "Matt B" or "spindrift"
will spare you a million lines of garbage for every worthwhile
post you miss.

--
not me guv

"I'm able-bodied. Why should I want a car?"
Old March 30th 07, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John B

Tony Raven wrote:

What has happened to urc? It seems to have been taken over by a wave of
argumentative nit pickers while the regular, interesting and/or
informative posters seem to be fading into the background.

Its got to the point where I am seriously considering whether it is
worth continuing to wade through all the raging battles to find
something worth reading, which would be a sad end after 11 years and
13,000 postings.

Do you think you could keep on topic ;-)

John B

Old March 30th 07, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

John B wrote on 30/03/2007 18:12 +0100:

Tony Raven wrote:

What has happened to urc? It seems to have been taken over by a wave of
argumentative nit pickers while the regular, interesting and/or
informative posters seem to be fading into the background.

Its got to the point where I am seriously considering whether it is
worth continuing to wade through all the raging battles to find
something worth reading, which would be a sad end after 11 years and
13,000 postings.

Do you think you could keep on topic ;-)

I'm too old to learn new tricks ;-)

Old March 30th 07, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Martin

On Mar 30, 5:21 pm, Tony Raven wrote:
What has happened to urc? It seems to have been taken over by a wave of
argumentative nit pickers while the regular, interesting and/or
informative posters seem to be fading into the background.

Its got to the point where I am seriously considering whether it is
worth continuing to wade through all the raging battles to find
something worth reading, which would be a sad end after 11 years and
13,000 postings.

I have mostly departed for another place.. Just dropping by every so
often.

...d

Old March 30th 07, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Grange

wrote:

What has happened to urc? It seems to have been taken over by a wave of
argumentative nit pickers while the regular, interesting and/or
informative posters seem to be fading into the background.

Its got to the point where I am seriously considering whether it is
worth continuing to wade through all the raging battles to find
something worth reading, which would be a sad end after 11 years and
13,000 postings.

Cheer up, look on the bright side. You could subscribe to
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent if you really want to be depressed
Old March 31st 07, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Buck

On 2007-03-30 17:21:04 +0100, Tony Raven said:

What has happened to urc? It seems to have been taken over by a wave
of argumentative nit pickers while the regular, interesting and/or
informative posters seem to be fading into the background.

Its got to the point where I am seriously considering whether it is
worth continuing to wade through all the raging battles to find
something worth reading, which would be a sad end after 11 years and
13,000 postings.

Quite a lot of them are down to you Tony.
--
Three wheels good, two wheels ok

www.catrike.co.uk

Old March 31st 07, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
GeoffC

Tony Raven wrote:
What has happened to urc? It seems to have been taken over by a wave
of argumentative nit pickers

Define "nit picking"

--

Geoff

Old March 31st 07, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
What has happened to urc? It seems to have been taken over by a wave of
argumentative nit pickers while the regular, interesting and/or
informative posters seem to be fading into the background.

I'm off the bike with a ruptured L5/S1 disc, although I have been spotted in
secret training here ;-)

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/MVI_1476_0001.jpg

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/MVI_1472_0001.jpg

Hopefully, the whole season won't be written off.

Anyhow, don't go - we appreciate your postings :-)

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Losing the Tour on the Champs? steve Racing 23 August 11th 06 06:28 AM
Boonen Losing It Joe King Racing 4 February 28th 06 07:47 PM
losing weight koebwil Unicycling 21 December 26th 05 01:11 AM
Going to Moab, losing my buds Joel Crum Mountain Biking 12 October 5th 04 02:17 AM
unicycledotcom, losing it's touch James_Potter Unicycling 36 February 8th 04 02:21 AM