Cycling helmets a hazard?

Old May 16th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan Burkhart[_8_]

Default Cycling helmets a hazard?

Sorry to re-ignite this war, but...
www.gizmag.com/go/7255/
Enjoy.

--
Dan Burkhart

Old May 16th 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

On May 15, 7:32 pm, Dan Burkhart Dan.Burkhart.2qn...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Sorry to re-ignite this war, but...www.gizmag.com/go/7255/
Enjoy.

Same old **** posted many times in the past.

B.F.D.

And, funny thing, it does not reflect my experiences at all. I ride
with and without, depending on other issues. The berth given by motor
vehicles pretty much remains the same.

OTOH, I find (some) drivers are a good deal more hostile when I and/or
my riding companions are 'en regalia' (lycra shorts, loud jerseys,
racy shoes, etc.). Perhaps they just think we're arrogant, grimacing,
overly intense Lance-a-likes, instead people out having a good time.

Old May 16th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Dan Burkhart wrote:
Sorry to re-ignite this war, but...
www.gizmag.com/go/7255/
Enjoy.

They're rubbing my elbows now- I can't imagine with a helmet!
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old May 16th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per Dan Burkhart:
www.gizmag.com/go/7255/

That's in traffic.

YMMV riding through rock gardens.
--
PeteCresswell
Old May 16th 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dave Reckoning[_2_]

"Dan Burkhart" wrote in
message news

Sorry to re-ignite this war, but...
www.gizmag.com/go/7255/
Enjoy.

--
Dan Burkhart

Forget about the helmet, I am gonna get a wig!!!

Dave

Old May 16th 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson

Dan Burkhart wrote:
Sorry to re-ignite this war, but...
www.gizmag.com/go/7255/

Where's the cartoon of a bear on faux ice?

Old May 16th 07, 10:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Forrest Tomlinson

On 15 May 2007 18:31:27 -0700, Ozark Bicycle
wrote:

OTOH, I find (some) drivers are a good deal more hostile when I and/or
my riding companions are 'en regalia' (lycra shorts, loud jerseys,
racy shoes, etc.). Perhaps they just think we're arrogant, grimacing,
overly intense Lance-a-likes, instead people out having a good time.

I may be off base, but I envison you looking like that comic book
store owner in the Simpsons or something.
--
JT
****************************
Old May 16th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan Burkhart[_9_]

(PeteCresswell) Wrote:
Per Dan Burkhart:
www.gizmag.com/go/7255/

That's in traffic.

YMMV riding through rock gardens.
--
PeteCresswell

Of course. I have taken enough spills and encountered enough low
hanging branches while riding off road to convince me of the value of a
helmet in those circumstances. On the street, sometimes I wear one,
sometimes I don't. One thing is for sure. It is not up to the safety
zealots to tell me I have to wear one!

--
Dan Burkhart

Old May 16th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
catzz66

Dan Burkhart wrote:

Of course. I have taken enough spills and encountered enough low
hanging branches while riding off road to convince me of the value of a
helmet in those circumstances. On the street, sometimes I wear one,
sometimes I don't. One thing is for sure. It is not up to the safety
zealots to tell me I have to wear one!

You are picking a fight with nobody. Knock yourself out, as the saying
goes.
Old May 16th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

On May 16, 8:32 am, Dan Burkhart Dan.Burkhart.2qo...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
(PeteCresswell) Wrote: Per Dan Burkhart:
www.gizmag.com/go/7255/

That's in traffic.

YMMV riding through rock gardens.
--
PeteCresswell

Of course. I have taken enough spills and encountered enough low
hanging branches while riding off road to convince me of the value of a
helmet in those circumstances. On the street, sometimes I wear one,
sometimes I don't. One thing is for sure. It is not up to the safety
zealots to tell me I have to wear one!

You're absolutely correct, helmet use should be wholly the decision of
the adult user; no one needs or want more government in their lives.

OTOH, the extremist bozos who try to make their case by stating that
helmets make cycling more hazardous are even worse than the safety
zealots.

A pox on both houses.

New Cycling Hazard - Idiots with Airguns Mark Drinkwater UK 30 December 23rd 04 11:05 AM
Do something for cycling: DO NOT BUY GIRO HELMETS. Howard UK 52 November 21st 04 10:15 PM
Hazard of cycling as we get older Joe Davidson General 113 September 28th 04 12:04 AM
cycling helmets Roland General 11 August 10th 04 03:34 AM
cycling helmets Roland Techniques 12 August 10th 04 03:34 AM