The club run.

Old May 27th 07, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

Default The club run.

on this lovely sunny day... or rather after failing to go on all the
sunny sunday i chose today... to go for my first club run, i really
enjoyed it, hard work holding on to the pack up hills, prob a
combination of not used to the pace, and the mountain bike being a bit
heavier.

roger
Old May 27th 07, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Thompson

hard work holding on to the pack up hills, prob a
combination of not used to the pace, and the mountain bike being a bit
heavier.

Bet the pack found it hard work to pull away from that nutter who did the
club run on a mountain bike
Old May 28th 07, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

Mark Thompson
pleasegivegenerously@warmmail*_turn_up_the_heat_t o_reply*.com wrote:

hard work holding on to the pack up hills, prob a
combination of not used to the pace, and the mountain bike being a bit
heavier.

Bet the pack found it hard work to pull away from that nutter who did the
club run on a mountain bike

heh no, though hills where i felt it. on the flat, wasn't a problem. i
have no dought they could have gone faster, but it was the club run not
an all out burn.

good fun though.

roger
Old May 28th 07, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

Roger Merriman wrote:

on this lovely sunny day... or rather after failing to go on all the
sunny sunday i chose today... to go for my first club run, i really
enjoyed it, hard work holding on to the pack up hills, prob a
combination of not used to the pace, and the mountain bike being a bit
heavier.

I've still not had the bottle to do any of the local club runs. I did,
however, today go on my longest ride in a good ten years.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...Fell-from-Ribb
leton

31 miles all in and a good couple of hours. I was glad on the way to
Chipping to have dressed in my new windproof top as the ten-ish miles to
Chipping were achieved in defiance of a strong headwind, which not only
put the kibosh on plans to attempt Jeffrey Hill, perhaps fortunately,
but also was biting to the extent that my ears hurt.

I've now twigged that although my bottom gear is about right, I could do
with a higher top gear.

Cheers,
Luke

--
Lincoln City 0-2 Southend United (AET)
Swansea City 2-2 Southend United
Old May 28th 07, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

Ekul Namsob wrote:

Roger Merriman wrote:

on this lovely sunny day... or rather after failing to go on all the
sunny sunday i chose today... to go for my first club run, i really
enjoyed it, hard work holding on to the pack up hills, prob a
combination of not used to the pace, and the mountain bike being a bit
heavier.

I've still not had the bottle to do any of the local club runs. I did,
however, today go on my longest ride in a good ten years.

i was tempted to turn around at one point as it was so wet and daft but
they bloody well turned up!

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...Fell-from-Ribb
leton

ooh looks fun.

31 miles all in and a good couple of hours. I was glad on the way to
Chipping to have dressed in my new windproof top as the ten-ish miles to
Chipping were achieved in defiance of a strong headwind, which not only
put the kibosh on plans to attempt Jeffrey Hill, perhaps fortunately,
but also was biting to the extent that my ears hurt.

ooh ow, luckly my pelt keeps me warm!

I've now twigged that although my bottom gear is about right, I could do
with a higher top gear.

i tend to only use the middle and large ring. so far i tend to not
attaully need a higher gear, but then i probably no do tend to spin to
slowly.

it's certinaly fine until 30+ even then it's okay but close to as fast
as i want to spin.

Cheers,
Luke

roger

Club 10 wafflycat UK 10 May 3rd 07 10:38 PM
Out with a club ... elyob UK 26 September 13th 06 02:00 AM
First club run wafflycat UK 19 January 16th 06 10:47 AM
new club has web small change Mountain Biking 10 February 11th 05 06:58 PM
Welder in club = club UW Sofa Unicycling 16 March 27th 04 12:16 PM