Solution to Bashed Chainrings?

Old July 15th 11, 09:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Duane Hebert[_4_]

Default habitat

On 7/15/2011 3:42 PM, Chalo wrote:
Ronsonic wrote:

This whole conversation is absolutely bizarre to this Floridian. Here the
greatest threat to our wildlands and their flora and fauna are wild / feral
pigs. You can use an army of motorcycles to drive entire herds of horses
each dragging a mountain bike through our forests and marshes and it
wouldn't cause the damage these hogs do. Seriously. This is paper cuts to
chainsaws.

Too many kosher eaters relocated to Florida, I guess.

Still seems to me that most of the destroyed habitat I have seen in
Florida has been at the hands of some kind of peckerwood.

Last time I was back to New Orleans the outlying areas had these wild
boars running around. Seems like the storm messed up their habitat and
pushed them near the humans where they found garbage to eat. Now
they're all over. But I'm still thinking that the peckerwoods are worse.
Old July 15th 11, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Jul 15, 10:01*am, "Ronsonic" wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

On Jul 14, 7:48 am, SMS wrote:

On 7/12/2011 5:08 PM, James wrote:
This is a shame since if he could be educated to direct his efforts
against the trail users that cause the most damage he would give up on
mountain bikes and concentrate on equestrians.

The trail users who cause the most damage, BY FAR, are mountain
bikers. They travel much farther & faster than anyone else.

What makes you think that "farther & faster" equals more damaging. Farther
and faster means more efficient, less weight and less impact.

BS. If you do X damage in one mile, then you do 10X damage in 10
miles. Did you flunk grade school math?

Where you startled by a rude cyclist out on a trail and this is what it's
all about?

It's all explained on my website. Do your homework. ALL mountain
biking is rude, whether it's in my presence or not.
Old July 15th 11, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Jul 15, 10:03*am, "Ronsonic" wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

On Jul 14, 1:02 pm, Peter Cole wrote:

You obviously haven't studied the SCIENCE (REAL science, not the JUNK
science created by mountain bikers). The SCIENCE shows that mountain
bikers have greater impacts on erosion, plants, and animals, partly
because they generally travel several times as FAR and as FAST as
other trail users, multiplying their impacts. (Seehttp://mjvande/nfshost.com/scb7.htm.)
Besides that, horses evolved in North America, and hence arguably have
the right to go wherever they want to. BIKES, on the other hand, and
inanimate OBJECTS, and have no rights whatsoever. And there is no
right to mountain bike (seehttp://mjvande/nfshost.com/mtb10.htm).

Horses were EXTINCT in North America and every single one of them is
foreign.

Can't you read? "horses evolved in North America, and hence arguably
have
the right to go wherever they want to". Did you flunk grade school
English, as well?

I agree with you on a philosophic basis, bikes are indeed inanimate and if I
ever see one out on a trail on its own, I'll order it off the trail.

There is no right to bring a bike onto a trail.
Old July 15th 11, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Jul 15, 10:14*am, "Ronsonic" wrote:
"SMS" wrote in message

On 7/14/2011 4:18 PM, Chalo wrote:

And for every one of us in this discussion who has the integrity of
the natural environment at heart, there are probably a crowd of folks
whose idea of outdoors adventure involves gratuitously murdering wild
animals for entertainment, or making a huge amount of motor noise and
pollution.

What's funny-sad is that MV probably does have the integrity of the
natural environment at heart, but he lacks the knowledge and personal
integrity to make a difference for it.

This whole conversation is absolutely bizarre to this Floridian. Here the
greatest threat to our wildlands and their flora and fauna are wild / feral
pigs. You can use an army of motorcycles to drive entire herds of horses
each dragging a mountain bike through our forests and marshes and it
wouldn't cause the damage these hogs do. Seriously. This is paper cuts to
chainsaws.

BS. 99% of our parks have no pigs, but lots of erosion-causing
mountain bikers. You are grasping at straws.
Old July 16th 11, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
RonSonic

"SMS" wrote in message

[...]

I'm not grasping at a damn thing. Your parks might be another matter. We
have a pig problem.

Old July 16th 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
T°m Sherm@n

Default words, words, words. What do they mean?

On 7/15/2011 2:19 AM, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Jul 14, 7:25 pm, "T°m Sherm@n"""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 7/14/2011 6:52 PM, Michael Press wrote:

In article
,
Andre wrote:

[...]

Name the parole officer you claim supervises Michael Vandeman, or
apologize for the lie you told. **** or get off the pot.

You're scum bringing false witness, Tom Sherman.

Unsigned out of contempt

There is a difference between a probation officer and a parole officer.
You are not doing your argument any good by confusing them.

As a "prior offender", Michael J. Vandeman, Piled Higher and Deeper,
needs to modify his behavior, if he wants to avoid having a parole
officer in the future.

So now you are admitting that you were wrong about me having a PO.

I never wrote that Mr. Vandeman had a *parole* officer, so his
contention is based on a false premise. (For Mikey V., this is nothing
new.)

Mr. Press is correct in pointing out that Mr. Jute either made an error
or lied by writing "parole officer" instead of "probation officer".

It's only something that MIGHT happen in the future.... You are one
sick, dishonest person. How do you live with yourself? Do you throw up
whenever you look into a mirror?

Self-projection by Mr. Vandeman.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old July 16th 11, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default Solution to Bashed Chainrings?

On Jul 8, 3:58*am, Tºm Shermªn °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 7/8/2011 2:12 AM, Mike "Handsaw" Vandeman wrote:

On Jul 6, 10:41 pm, T m Sherm n _ ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" *wrote:
On 7/7/2011 12:33 AM, Mike "Handsaw" Vandeman wrote:

On Jul 6, 5:45 am, David * wrote:
In rec.bicycles.tech Mike * wrote:
:On Jul 5, 9:46 pm, T m Sherm n " * wrote:

: * This should solve the problem, though I imagine the price will be high:
: * http://www.seed-your-ideas.com/Triebwerk/en/index.html.
:
: * It would also make transporting and going through doors and/or up and
: * down stairs more easy with a SWB 'bent or tadpole trike.
:
: * --
: * T m Sherm n - 42.435731,-83.985007
: * I am a vehicular cyclist.

:A much better solution: stick to pavement, and stop destroying
:wildlife habitat. Sheesh.

Says the man who wonders around other people's property with a saw.

Restoring habitat -- something you obviously know nothng about..

Is restoring habitat part of your court mandated public service work?

Yes.

How is a HANDSAW used while restoring habitat?

Removing exotic species.

And attacking mountain bikers.

Liar. You are GUARANTEEING that no one will ever give you the time of
day. Someone who can't even tell the truth is WORTHLESS. Is this the
legacy you want? Yu are truly SICK.
Old July 16th 11, 05:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Dan O

On Jul 6, 5:45 am, David wrote:
In rec.bicycles.tech Mike wrote:
:On Jul 5, 9:46 pm, T m Sherm n " wrote:

: This should solve the problem, though I imagine the price will be high:
: http://www.seed-your-ideas.com/Triebwerk/en/index.html.
:
: It would also make transporting and going through doors and/or up and
: down stairs more easy with a SWB 'bent or tadpole trike.
:
: --
: T m Sherm n - 42.435731,-83.985007
: I am a vehicular cyclist.

:A much better solution: stick to pavement, and stop destroying
:wildlife habitat. Sheesh.

Says the man who wonders around other people's property with a saw..

Restoring habitat -- something you obviously know nothng about..

Is restoring habitat part of your court mandated public service work?

Yes.

How is a HANDSAW used while restoring habitat?

Removing exotic species.

And attacking mountain bikers.

Liar. You are GUARANTEEING that no one will ever give you the time of
day. Someone who can't even tell the truth is WORTHLESS. Is this the
legacy you want? Yu are truly SICK.

(tick, tick, tick... )
Old July 17th 11, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
T°m Sherm@n

On 7/16/2011 11:42 AM, Dan O wrote:
On Jul 16, 7:32 am, Mike wrote:
On Jul 8, 3:58 am, T�m Sherm�n �_�""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI

On Jul 6, 5:45 am, David wrote:
[...]

Mikey V. does want a parole officer in his future?

Old July 17th 11, 07:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
SMS

On 7/15/2011 10:14 AM, Ronsonic wrote:

This whole conversation is absolutely bizarre to this Floridian. Here the
greatest threat to our wildlands and their flora and fauna are wild / feral
pigs. You can use an army of motorcycles to drive entire herds of horses
each dragging a mountain bike through our forests and marshes and it
wouldn't cause the damage these hogs do. Seriously. This is paper cuts to
chainsaws.

Well in many states, including California, they definitely have problems
with horses. It's not just the enormous trail damage (it's estimated
that one horse does more damage than 50 mountain bikes or 50 hikers),
but the mess, the smell, and the pollution. If we could buy each
equestrian a mountain bike to ride our parks would be much better off.

The problem with MV is that he hasn't studied any science because he
knows that the actual science totally contradicts his position. It's
called "argumentum ad ignorantiam" (argument from ignorance).

Every study shows that the impact of mountain bikers on erosion, plants,
and wildlife is less than or equal to the damage of hikers, and far less
than the damage of horses.

Mountain bikers move through an area quickly, minimizing the time that
they are disrupting wildlife, compared to hikers. Here's a similar
example: today we were kayaking in Elkhorn Slough near Monterey. One of
the volunteer docents that travels around by kayak asked us to move more
quickly through an area with sea otters (we were stopped watching them).
She said that to minimize the disruption to their activities it's better
to go through the area quickly. This is the same thing that mountain
bikers do.

Cyclist Bashed Craig Strong Australia 21 January 31st 07 04:58 AM
Bush bashed by bike Grazza Australia 0 February 28th 06 02:43 AM
McEwen bashed by thugs at Indy Shabby Australia 14 October 26th 05 12:23 AM