Police hunt rapist on a bike

Old April 15th 19, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Police hunt rapist on a bike

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47939192
Old April 15th 19, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 9:05:11 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47939192

So, 'Woman cyclist raped by pedestrian' would be more acurate.
More proof pedestrians need number plates.
Old April 16th 19, 03:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_11_]

On 15/04/2019 22:03, Simon Jester wrote:

On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 9:05:11 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47939192

So, 'Woman cyclist raped by pedestrian' would be more acurate.

How?

The headline is: "Woman raped in Peterborough by passing cyclist".

More proof pedestrians need number plates.

Old April 16th 19, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 16/04/2019 03:14, JNugent wrote:
On 15/04/2019 22:03, Simon Jester wrote:

On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 9:05:11 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47939192

So, 'Woman cyclist raped by pedestrian' would be more acurate.

How?

The headline is: "Woman raped in Peterborough by passing cyclist".

It does but is plainly wrong unless you can describe a way that makes
"rape by passing cyclist" technically possible.
Old April 16th 19, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_11_]

On 16/04/2019 08:45, TMS320 wrote:

On 16/04/2019 03:14, JNugent wrote:
On 15/04/2019 22:03, Simon Jester wrote
On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 9:05:11 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47939192

So, 'Woman cyclist raped by pedestrian' would be more acurate.

How?
The headline is: "Woman raped in Peterborough by passing cyclist".

It does but is plainly wrong unless you can describe a way that makes
"rape by passing cyclist" technically possible.

In what way is it not possible?

Unless his bike, his cycling and the fact that he is a cyclist is - in
your view at least, and that of Jester - irrelevant, whilst the fact
that the rapist cyclist's victim is a cyclist is not irrelevant?

Got it.

You might both want to think about honing your skills in logic.

In the meantime, let's all hope that this cyclist pedestrian / airline
pilot / rich man (Considerably Richer than Yow at least, because he's a
cyclist) is caught and brought to justice.

Given a charge like that, he's probably best off heading straight for
the Ecuadorean Embassy, wouldn't you say?

Old April 16th 19, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 16/04/2019 11:35, JNugent wrote:
On 16/04/2019 08:45, TMS320 wrote:
On 16/04/2019 03:14, JNugent wrote:
On 15/04/2019 22:03, Simon Jester wrote
On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 9:05:11 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47939192

So, 'Woman cyclist raped by pedestrian' would be more acurate.

How?
The headline is: "Woman raped in Peterborough by passing cyclist".

It does but is plainly wrong unless you can describe a way that makes
"rape by passing cyclist" technically possible.

In what way is it not possible?

I was asking you to suggest how it could be technically possible. It's
possible, perhaps, to perform the act while cycling but I have little
doubt that it would require the lady concerned to be cooperative.

Let's just say that I won't be searching out dodgy sites to find
examples. If you disagree with the analysis, perhaps you have?

Unless his bike, his cycling and the fact that he is a cyclist is - in
your view at least, and that of Jester - irrelevant, whilst the fact
that the rapist cyclist's victim is a cyclist is not irrelevant?

Got it.

You might both want to think about honing your skills in logic.

That retort usually follows a lack of ability on your part.

In the meantime, let's all hope that this person is caught and brought to justice.

I have corrected your sentence.
Old April 16th 19, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 11:35:02 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

In what way is it not possible?

Clearly you have never had sex if you think it is possible for a man to rape a woman whilst both are mounted on moving bicycles.

Unless his bike, his cycling and the fact that he is a cyclist is - in
your view at least, and that of Jester - irrelevant, whilst the fact
that the rapist cyclist's victim is a cyclist is not irrelevant?

Got it.

You might both want to think about honing your skills in logic.

If I drive through a red traffic light in my car, which class of road users has broken the law?
A: Pedestrian
B: Cyclist
C: Motorist
D: Train Passenger
E: Golfer

Old April 16th 19, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_11_]

On 16/04/2019 17:50, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 11:35:02 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

In what way is it not possible?

Clearly you have never had sex if you think it is possible for a man to rape a woman whilst both are mounted on moving bicycles.

If you insist that it is impossible for a cyclist to have sex, be
careful: I might accept your assertion.

Unless his bike, his cycling and the fact that he is a cyclist is - in
your view at least, and that of Jester - irrelevant, whilst the fact
that the rapist cyclist's victim is a cyclist is not irrelevant?

Got it.

You might both want to think about honing your skills in logic.

If I drive through a red traffic light in my car, which class of road users has broken the law?
A: Pedestrian
B: Cyclist
C: Motorist
D: Train Passenger
E: Golfer

Old April 16th 19, 08:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 16/04/2019 17:50, Simon Jester wrote:

If I drive through a red traffic light in my car, which class of road
users has broken the law?
A: Pedestrian B: Cyclist C: Motorist D: Train Passenger
E: Golfer

No mention of motorists he-

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/re...ading-15980797

"The 20-year-old man was walking in Blenheim Road when three offenders
got out of a car parked at the side of the road and walked towards him."

https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/re...t-run-15995656

"The 35-year-old man, from Staines, died at the scene after he was
involved in a collision with a vehicle... Officers believe the vehicle
failed to stop..."
Old April 16th 19, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 16/04/2019 19:36, JNugent wrote:
On 16/04/2019 17:50, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 11:35:02 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

In what way is it not possible?

Clearly you have never had sex if you think it is possible for a man
to rape a woman whilst both are mounted on moving bicycles.

If you insist that it is impossible for a cyclist to have sex, be
careful: I might accept your assertion.

Unless his bike, his cycling and the fact that he is a cyclist is - in
your view at least, and that of Jester - irrelevant, whilst the fact
that the rapist cyclist's victim is a cyclist is not irrelevant?

Got it.

You might both want to think about honing your skills in logic.

If I drive through a red traffic light in my car, which class of road
users has broken the law?
A: Pedestrian
B: Cyclist
C: Motorist
D: Train Passenger
E: Golfer

The rapist arrived and made off on a bike, and the victim is a cyclist.
I realise these things are difficult for any cyclist to understand, but
that makes them both cyclists in the minds of any normal human being,
oh, wait a minute...I see the problem.