Talk about color...

Old August 24th 04, 12:04 AM
the black rose

Default Talk about color...

http://www.tandemhearts.com/rbw-2004/FA1G3679.jpg

I'm not sure *why* I like it, but I do.

-km

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie
Old August 24th 04, 02:38 AM
S o r n i

the black rose wrote:
http://www.tandemhearts.com/rbw-2004/FA1G3679.jpg

I'm not sure *why* I like it, but I do.

Because you're a child of the '60s?

Bill "absolutely no implications of long-ago drug use in that statement" S.

Old August 24th 04, 02:55 AM
David Reuteler

S o r n i wrote:

the black rose wrote:
http://www.tandemhearts.com/rbw-2004/FA1G3679.jpg

I'm not sure *why* I like it, but I do.

Because you're a child of the '60s?

Bill "absolutely no implications of long-ago drug use in that statement" S.

umm, ok.

but the juxtaposition w/ a rivendell just creeps me out. just throw on
some hokey spokes, maybe a "bike" light and and away we go.

then again: pretty, pretty colours .. round & round & round. i could watch
them for hours ..
--
david reuteler

Old August 24th 04, 04:39 PM
maxo

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:55:42 +0000, David Reuteler wrote:

but the juxtaposition w/ a rivendell just creeps me out.

Those *are* rivendell tires btw

They call them "speedblend"

Not my cuppa tea, but do appreciate the thinking behind them--might make
you safer during the day.

A nice classy green ride like that would look o-so-much better with plain
or black skinwalls.

Old August 24th 04, 06:31 PM
David Reuteler

maxo wrote:
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:55:42 +0000, David Reuteler wrote:

but the juxtaposition w/ a rivendell just creeps me out.

Those *are* rivendell tires btw

yea, i knew that .. tim mcnamara pointed them out a while back. it's the
clash of opposing (to me?) idealogies that gets me.

They call them "speedblend"

Not my cuppa tea, but do appreciate the thinking behind them--might make
you safer during the day.

A nice classy green ride like that would look o-so-much better with plain
or black skinwalls.

the aesthetics of rivendell ain't my cuppa tea. they remind me of the
schwinn varsity 10-speed that was my second bike.

there i said it.
--
david reuteler

Old August 24th 04, 07:59 PM
the black rose

S o r n i wrote:
the black rose wrote:

http://www.tandemhearts.com/rbw-2004/FA1G3679.jpg

I'm not sure *why* I like it, but I do.

Because you're a child of the '60s?

Bill "absolutely no implications of long-ago drug use in that statement" S.

Actually, I managed to avoid using drugs in the '60s. I know, I know,
hopelessly square. *grin*

-km

--
the black rose
proud to be owned by a yorkie
Old August 24th 04, 08:10 PM
maxo

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:31:11 +0000, David Reuteler wrote:

the aesthetics of rivendell ain't my cuppa tea. they remind me of the
schwinn varsity 10-speed that was my second bike.

there i said it.

Your varsity came with fancy lugs and actually rode well?

Hmmm, mine was "electroforged" and rode like a nasty heavy pig.
Compared to the only slightly more expensive bikes of the day, it just
felt "dead", kind of like some of the current crop of overbuilt aluminum
frames.

I DO happen to like Rivendell's design philosophy, though I think they
take the bar height thing to the extreme.

They're out of my price range though--so If I wanted that type of ride,
I'd look no further than a used late 70s, early 80s Japanese road bike and
fix that up. My $50 Univega single still rides about as good as you can
get--that's if you're looking for stability and comfort vs. performance.

Old August 24th 04, 08:28 PM
David Reuteler

maxo wrote:
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:31:11 +0000, David Reuteler wrote:

the aesthetics of rivendell ain't my cuppa tea. they remind me of the
schwinn varsity 10-speed that was my second bike.

there i said it.

Your varsity came with fancy lugs and actually rode well?

errrr, no. i said aesthetics. :-) rivendells are actually nice bikes,
no doubt. i just think they *LOOK* like schwinn varsitys.

Hmmm, mine was "electroforged" and rode like a nasty heavy pig.
Compared to the only slightly more expensive bikes of the day, it just
felt "dead", kind of like some of the current crop of overbuilt aluminum
frames.

ugh.. wouldn't know, never owned/ridden one.

I DO happen to like Rivendell's design philosophy, though I think they
take the bar height thing to the extreme.

i like clipless pedals, low handlebars, brifters, titanium, deep-v rims,
23mm tires and going fast. otoh i also like lugged steel frames, wool
jerseys, hand built wheels and zefal hpx frame pumps. i agree with them
enuf to be a rivendell member, in fact.

my bikes:

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/reuteler.htm
http://www.visi.com/~reuteler/images/seven.jpg