700c 25mm tires on Weinmann ZAC19 rims ok?

Old January 27th 18, 10:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gregory Sutter

Default 700c 25mm tires on Weinmann ZAC19 rims ok?

On 2018-01-26, John B wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 07:38:46 -0800, Joerg
wrote:

My buffaloes come in the form of checks and the mail carrier drags them
home.

The description was intended to be allegory in nature indicating that
the male goes out into the world to "earn a living" while your example
seems to indicate that you are obtaining money without working. One
can only assume that you are entitled to some sort of social payment
scheme that allows you to sit at home making beer rather then being
gainfully employed.

Whoa, whoa, hey now, let's keep this at least nominally about bicycles!

--
Gregory S. Sutter Mostly Harmless

http://zer0.org/~gsutter/
Old January 27th 18, 04:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2018-01-24 22:57, John B. wrote:

[...]

The Husband killed the buffalos and dragged them home while the wife
chopped them up and cooked.

My buffaloes come in the form of checks and the mail carrier drags them
home.

The description was intended to be allegory in nature indicating that
the male goes out into the world to "earn a living" while your example
seems to indicate that you are obtaining money without working. One
can only assume that you are entitled to some sort of social payment
scheme that allows you to sit at home making beer rather then being
gainfully employed.

You really have a talent in premature judgement, firing off without
knowing anything from the other side. I perform engineering services for
clients. Electronic circuit design. For that, they pay me.

Or, as I said "the male goes out into the world to "earn a living".
Your example of sitting in the house the money just floating in the
door sounds more like some sort of social system when one gets paid
for not working.

Are you really unable to understand just what a self-employed engineer does?

[...]

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old January 28th 18, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On 2018-01-24 22:57, John B. wrote:

[...]

[...]

Of course I understand what a self-employed engineer does although as
I was always able to find work I was never reduced to being
self-employed but I did work as a project engineer on a number of
projects.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old January 28th 18, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2018-01-24 22:57, John B. wrote:

[...]

[...]

So why do you draw nonsensical conclusions that someone is a trust fund
kid or whatever?

Besides, you obviously do not understand self-employment. It's got
nothing to do with "reduced". People like me do that by choice because
it has many advantages over being a cog in the wheel. Yeah, I was
sometimes a "big cog" leading a business but self-employment is still
better. Way better.

Old January 29th 18, 03:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On 2018-01-24 22:57, John B. wrote:

[...]

[...]

I'm inclined to say, "thus speaks the individual who can't find a
decent job".

But, of course, I can only judge from what you write here. and draw
conclusions from those posts. but I'd have to say that as resident
manager is probably had a better position then simply a "work when you
feel like it" home employed. The company for example paid me to
maintain two homes in two different countries, paid to maintain three
personally used motor vehicles (but no bicycles). Paid all of my
housing and maintenance costs while at the work or office site as well
as all entertainment costs. And of course a salary as well as a profit
sharing scheme as part of the project being managed:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old January 29th 18, 06:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On 2018-01-24 22:57, John B. wrote:

[...]

[...]

I forgot to add, paid all travel costs from home of record to the work
place :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old January 29th 18, 05:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2018-01-24 22:57, John B. wrote:

[...]

[...]

See what I mean with prejudice?

I get job offers all the time without ever sending out a single resume.
Serious ones. The last offer was three weeks ago which, as usual, I
politely declined.

But, of course, I can only judge from what you write here. and draw
conclusions from those posts. but I'd have to say that as resident
manager is probably had a better position then simply a "work when you
feel like it" home employed.

I was a general manager for a divison with about 100 employees for
years. It was fun, I liked business stuff with P&L responsibility more
than I initially thought I would. Still, I like self-employment a lot
more. One of the reasons is that while I was employed it was all 100%
med-tech. Now it's med-tech, aerospace, oil/gas, ag automation, vehicle
electronics, power electronics, et cetera. Much more variety, much more fun.

... The company for example paid me to
maintain two homes in two different countries, paid to maintain three
personally used motor vehicles (but no bicycles). Paid all of my
housing and maintenance costs while at the work or office site as well
as all entertainment costs. And of course a salary as well as a profit
sharing scheme as part of the project being managed:-)

My employers were similar. However, I am now my own employer and can
always decide to grant myself two homes and three vehicles. We only want
one home and two motor vehicles and three bicycles, and got that.

Here is one of the major advantages. I am doing a tricky design right
now but it doesn't matter which days I work, as long as I get it done by
the time the client needs it. I can play hookey on a Thurday or whetever
and work Saturday. So I sit here at the computer doing the work, notice
that the sun peeks through the clouds, decide "Let's ride!" and ... ride.