I thought Highroad didn't do oldschool?

Old May 27th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

Default I thought Highroad didn't do oldschool?

"For fear of illness the air conditioning isn’t used. " from
http://www.velonews.com/article/9242...inside-view-of
Old May 27th 09, 06:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
flushtango

"Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT" wrote in
message ...
"For fear of illness the air conditioning isn't used. " from
http://www.velonews.com/article/9242...inside-view-of

Bacteria and mold regularly congregate in A/C ducts. Think legionnaires and
the like.

http://www.eclipsescientific.co.uk/w...nnaires-ac.htm

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Environme...r-air/mold.htm

Still seems a bit much to fret over it but these guys seem to be pretty
frail.

jj

Old May 27th 09, 10:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

On Tue, 26 May 2009 22:45:39 -0700, "flushtango"
wrote:

"Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT" wrote in
message ...
"For fear of illness the air conditioning isn't used. " from
http://www.velonews.com/article/9242...inside-view-of

Bacteria and mold regularly congregate in A/C ducts. Think legionnaires and
the like.

http://www.eclipsescientific.co.uk/w...nnaires-ac.htm

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Environme...r-air/mold.htm

Still seems a bit much to fret over it but these guys seem to be pretty
frail.

Can't they clean their own bus's ducts?

Old May 27th 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

wrote:

"Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT" wrote in
messagenews:kd6p155g91f8556j00uu9s6n65j62hh6c1@4a x.com...
"For fear of illness the air conditioning isn't used. " from
http://www.velonews.com/article/9242...-s-michael-bar....

Bacteria and mold regularly congregate in A/C ducts. Think legionnaires and
the like.

http://www.eclipsescientific.co.uk/w...nnaires-ac.htm

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Environme...r-air/mold.htm

Still seems a bit much to fret over it but these guys seem to be pretty
frail.

Can't they clean their own bus's ducts?

http://www.oust.com/product.aspx?oust=airSanitizer

Works good.
--D-y
Old May 27th 09, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On May 27, 12:45*am, "flushtango" wrote:
"Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT" wrote in
messagenews:kd6p155g91f8556j00uu9s6n65j62hh6c1@4ax .com...

"For fear of illness the air conditioning isn't used. " from
http://www.velonews.com/article/9242...-s-michael-bar...

Bacteria and mold regularly congregate in A/C ducts. Think legionnaires and
the like.

http://www.eclipsescientific.co.uk/w...nnaires-ac.htm

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Environme...r-air/mold.htm

Still seems a bit much to fret over it but these guys seem to be pretty
frail.

jj

These guys are pretty frail - which is odd considering how tough the
sport really is. This was pretty well covered pretty well in Lance
Armstrong's War. Of all people, Haven Hamilton was speaking in
frightened awe about how they saw Lance biting his fingernails. Unless
Lance was picking someone else's nose, this really wouldn't be a real
big deal. The problem is, though, pro cyclists are on an extreme edge
of fitness. They are so finely tuned, anything can be picked up. And
because of the communal nature of teams, just about everyone can be
exposed. Cycling voodoo and local custom also plays a big part. Every
DS has a method as well as a motive for imposing their particularities
on a team. The horror stories of eating white bread, having the clock-
radio too close to your brain at night, and on and on...makes for
interesting cultural study. These considerations are conspicuously
left out of the doping/anti-doping hysteria. Pro cyclists are, in many
ways, hypochondriacs at the mercy of their team doctors, directors,
and the mythic culture of the past eras of cycling. These poor
*******s are driven to try any number of back-of-the magazine
supplements just to ward off some dippy superstition. And then, the
surprise and shock when the supplement turns out to have been made in
a facility that may have processed nuts, peanuts, shellfish, gluten,
or testosterone...
Tom P.
Old May 27th 09, 04:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

On May 27, 6:04*am, " wrote:
[...]

I think Tom has the gist of it, but when I first read JT's query, I
wanted to post this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

Also, not using your own bus' air conditioning sounds
counterproductive, nay insane. Wasn't it Ullrich who made a good
showing in one TdF TT by "warming up" in a cold room? I think that was
the one where LANCE did his "dead Elvis" salt dehydration trick, which
would make it...2003?
Old May 27th 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On May 27, 11:01*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

I think Tom has the gist of it, but when I first read JT's query, I
wanted to post this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

I'm glad you overcame your reticence. That's priceless.

Old May 27th 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On May 27, 6:04*am, " wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

dumbass,

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fu...atest%2 0News

"I joined the gruppetto on the Nerone, I prefer to stay with smaller,
rather than larger groups, there's more air - in big groups, it's hard
to breath.
Old May 27th 09, 05:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On May 26, 11:45*pm, "flushtango" wrote:
"Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT" wrote in
messagenews:kd6p155g91f8556j00uu9s6n65j62hh6c1@4ax .com...

"For fear of illness the air conditioning isn't used. " from
http://www.velonews.com/article/9242...-s-michael-bar...

Bacteria and mold regularly congregate in A/C ducts. Think legionnaires and
the like.

http://www.eclipsescientific.co.uk/w...nnaires-ac.htm

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Environme...r-air/mold.htm

Still seems a bit much to fret over it but these guys seem to be pretty
frail.

jj

"People think we're so healthy, but we're really not much good for
anything except bike racing."

- Greg Demgen (circa a long time
ago)

tf
Old May 27th 09, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

On May 27, 6:04*am, " wrote:

These guys are pretty frail - which is odd considering how tough the
sport really is.

snip

Dumbass -

They're actually not frail at all. They are the opposite. The frail
ones' bodies can't handle the training load and never make it to that
level. A person with average constitution would never make it. The
training load weeds them out.

The only reason the racers are frail during a GT is they're spending 5
hours/day on their bikes at race intensities, sleeping in a different
bed every night, eating at a different hotel, dealing with transfers,
the media, etc. etc. etc.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

1-Slipstream,2-Astana,3-HighRoad SLAVE of THE STATE Racing 7 April 26th 08 08:36 AM
just a thought redlig Unicycling 7 March 29th 08 01:13 PM
Never would have thought this... [email protected] Racing 4 February 8th 05 11:50 PM
WTB/T 165mm TRACK or Rd CrankArms (OldSchool) MJKALLAL Marketplace 0 December 25th 04 06:39 PM
E2E ... a first thought ... elyob UK 31 March 12th 04 02:36 PM