ATAC vs Crank Bros cleat compatibility?

Old May 27th 09, 04:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
gwandsh

Default ATAC vs Crank Bros cleat compatibility?

The cleats for my ATAC pedals look very similar to the ones I see for
Crank Bros Candy or Mallet pedals. Anybody know if these are
compatible (ATAC cleats with Crank pedals) ?
Old May 28th 09, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On May 26, 10:38*pm, gwandsh wrote:
The cleats for my ATAC pedals look very similar to the ones I see for
Crank Bros Candy or Mallet pedals. *Anybody know if these are
compatible (ATAC cleats with Crank pedals) ?

Not in my experience. I've had both ATAC and Crank Bros. pedals and
the cleats would not work with the other brand. Incidentally, I prefer
the ATACs, they are a much more durable pedal in my experience.

Smokey
Old May 28th 09, 10:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clarrie

On May 27, 3:38*pm, gwandsh wrote:
The cleats for my ATAC pedals look very similar to the ones I see for
Crank Bros Candy or Mallet pedals. *Anybody know if these are
compatible (ATAC cleats with Crank pedals) ?

I have just switched to Time pedals (Alum ATAC on my road bike and Z
ATAC on my mtb) from Crank Brothers (Eggbeaters and Mallets) and I
have not got round to changing my cleats yet.
Crank Brothers cleats seem to work just fine with a very firm and
secure action on both sets of Time ATAC pedals.
I have not tried the proper Time ATAC cleats yet so I can't say if
they are any better or even different.
I have not tried Time ATAC cleats on crank brothers pedals either.

I would say that it is worth a go.