Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow - Tom Sherman

Old October 30th 11, 08:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow - Tom Sherman

On Oct 28, 12:32*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
I believe Tom Sherman has left these cycling newsgroups for good.

Lidl Tommi was already sinking into cynicism about the aims and
process in RBT when I arrived, and that was nearly a decade ago. His
recent, hugely off-topic displays of anti-semitism had all the signs
of a nervous breakdown in progress, cause unknown. I thought he was
recovering when he bought that green prophylactic device and tried to
make out it is bicycle, but apparently his sense of humor is still
AWOL.

Perhaps we should just remember Tom Sherman as the amusing,
enthusiastic, boy he once was.

Andre Jute
Always ready with an obitiuary, or a few famous last words.
Old October 30th 11, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Dan O

On Oct 30, 12:05 am, Tosspot wrote:
On 30/10/11 04:52, Dan O wrote:

On Oct 29, 7:54 pm, kolldata wrote:
On Oct 28, 8:54 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

"kolldata" wrote in message

Sherman's computer blew up

rumors of Sherm's arrest for child molesting are unsubtantiated

Rumors of Kolldata being an Ignorant Asshole are substantiated.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

WTF Dolan, I stand up for Sherman, you flip out. Nutto.

I used to suspect that Ed *was* Tom's alter ego, but now that only one
of them is showing up...

He's had a disagreement with himself! Well I'll be...

Who doesn't? ;-)
Old October 30th 11, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
kolldata

tried one 'reply to nut' but the system rejected that particular
Sherman email address
Old October 30th 11, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"kolldata" wrote in message
tried one 'reply to nut' but the system rejected that particular
Sherman email address

Sherman was very knowledgeable about computers as well as bicycles, but I
truly do not understand how anyone can be on a newsgroup like forever and
then just leave without saying a word to anyone. Maybe he has had an
accident in his new velomobile or is otherwise indisposed. I will miss him
even if no one else does.

I myself have posted 13 final farewells but somehow I never quite manage to
leave. Go figure!

Old October 30th 11, 07:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
On Oct 28, 12:32 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
I believe Tom Sherman has left these cycling newsgroups for good.

Lidl Tommi was already sinking into cynicism about the aims and

process in RBT when I arrived, and that was nearly a decade ago. His
recent, hugely off-topic displays of anti-semitism had all the signs
of a nervous breakdown in progress, cause unknown. I thought he was
recovering when he bought that green prophylactic device and tried to
make out it is bicycle, but apparently his sense of humor is still
AWOL.

Perhaps we should just remember Tom Sherman as the amusing,

enthusiastic, boy he once was.

Andre, every group needs someone who has been around for a long time. They
embody the lore of the group, something that newbies and fly-by-nights can
never do. I value anyone who can stick around a newsgroup on almost a daily
basis for years and years like Tom Sherman did.

Newsgroups change over time and so did Tom Sherman. After many years, there
is only so much that can be said about bicycles and cycling. Tom was always
pretty fair about posting on subjects that had nothing to do with the topic
of these groups. He always tired to label them OT.

What I liked best about Tom Sherman is that he knew how to get things going.
The only sin on Usenet is to be boring. I hope Tom and I were never that.

Old October 30th 11, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
AMuzi

kolldata wrote:
tried one 'reply to nut' but the system rejected that particular
Sherman email address

I see some of Tom's relatives regularly and none have
mentioned his demise. Maybe he's just taking a deserved rest
from R.B.T.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old October 30th 11, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Lou Holtman[_7_]

Op 30-10-2011 19:39, AMuzi schreef:
kolldata wrote:
tried one 'reply to nut' but the system rejected that particular
Sherman email address

I see some of Tom's relatives regularly and none have mentioned his
demise. Maybe he's just taking a deserved rest from R.B.T.

I hope he has having fun with his green banana or Honda. It is not
healthy getting upset over so many OT political ****.

Lou
Old October 30th 11, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
kolldata

could be his relatives doahn wanna talk about him.

ya gotta ;ook at the bright side of this
Old October 30th 11, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Dan O

kolldata wrote:
tried one 'reply to nut' but the system rejected that particular
Sherman email address

I see some of Tom's relatives regularly and none have mentioned his
demise. Maybe he's just taking a deserved rest from R.B.T.

I hope he has having fun with his green banana or Honda.

+1

It is not
healthy getting upset...

+1

... over so many OT political ****.

But somebody's got to do it if anything is to ever get better.

Old October 30th 11, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Dan O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ