What's up with Bigha?

Old August 7th 03, 12:44 AM
Felix Audet

Default What's up with Bigha?

Anyone here own one?
How well their sales are going?
Anyone can feed any kind of informations..?

Old August 8th 03, 07:28 PM
'BentRider

I've got two of them here for testing right now. Initial impression
is that they are heavy but very well made and the electronics are more
fun than I thought they'd be. The performance isn't record-breaking
but it's tolerable. Very easy to ride. The seat is different. Not
the most comfortable by any means but okay...

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 19:44:35 -0400, "Felix Audet"
wrote:

Anyone here own one?
How well their sales are going?
Anyone can feed any kind of informations..?

Bryan J. Ball
Editor/Publisher
www.bentrideronline.com

Old August 10th 03, 11:46 AM
'BentRider

That's not how it usually works for me. I rarely keep any test bikes
for more than a few months.

If you're asking if I think the bike is WORTH $3000, the jury is still
out. It probably is. There are certainly a lot of recumbents out
there that cost a lot more and aren't nearly as well made or as well
designed.

However, do we need a super high-end CLWB? Is this bike really even a
CLWB? Does it matter that it weighs so much? All questions that I
haven't answered yet and ones that most buyers will have to answer
individually.

Old August 10th 03, 02:55 PM
skip

"'BentRider" wrote in message
Bigha Cost/Value
snip
There are certainly a lot of recumbents out
there that cost a lot more and aren't nearly as well made or as well
designed.

Interesting statement. Of course I'm wondering exactly which recumbents you
had in mind. I'll venture a guess. Were you thinking about a lot of
R-84's?

skip

Old August 10th 03, 06:52 PM
Lorenzo L. Love

Are you going to fork out $3000.00 for a Bigha? If not, it is not worth
the price to you. I have heard a lot of glowing reviews of Bigha from
people who didn't have to pay for them, but not a single person who said
they would pay $3000.00 to keep the bike. If you are not willing to pay
for it, you obviously think it isn't worth it's cost. Can't you just say so?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand

Old August 10th 03, 07:24 PM
Edward Wong

Interesting statement. Of course I'm wondering exactly which recumbents you
had in mind. I'll venture a guess. Were you thinking about a lot of
R-84's?

skip

Interesting statement as in "I doubt it?". If you look around it
won't be hard to agree with Bryan. Angletech Cycles sell bikes that
are typically in the $4000 to $6500 range and while they are probably
very nice, they may not compare in quality, fit, finish, design, etc.
with the BiGHa. A Mountain Drive equipted Kett Weisel routinely sells
for well over $3,000. You already mentioned the R-84 and the list
goes on so I do not in fact find Bryan's statement "interesting". I
do find it realistic to say the least.

Edward Wong
Orlando, FL

P.S. I do want to clarify that my statements are in no way a slam
against Angletech Cycles, Hase or Lightning. They are all fine
companies and was merely trying to compare dollar for value of one
bike against another.
Old August 10th 03, 07:32 PM
Mikael Seierup

"Edward Wong"

Interesting statement as in "I doubt it?". If you look around it
won't be hard to agree with Bryan. Angletech Cycles sell bikes that
are typically in the $4000 to $6500 range and while they are probably
very nice, they may not compare in quality, fit, finish, design, etc.
with the BiGHa. A Mountain Drive equipted Kett Weisel routinely sells
for well over $3,000. You already mentioned the R-84 and the list
goes on so I do not in fact find Bryan's statement "interesting". I
do find it realistic to say the least.

While I agree I must point out that comparing a european bent's price
to an american is comparing apples and oranges. A Kett would be a lot
cheaper in Europe while a Bigha would sell for a mere 4500 usd. ;-)

I'd certanly buy a Bigha before one of those SWBs costing 5-6000.

Mikael
Old August 10th 03, 08:55 PM
'BentRider

That's exactly what I said.

I said that the final decision is a very personal one. The quality of
the bike is easily worth the $3000 when compared to other recumbents.
As you said... whether it's worth it to YOU is your decision. The
bike isn't fast and never will be. Most of the other bikes in this
price range are performance bikes. There's never really been a bike
like this in this price range before. Hard to tell if anyone will buy
them or not.

As to whether I'll BUY it or not... That's not the way it works. I
don't usually pay for bikes in the conventional sense. I usually get
them through ad trades or something like that. Occasionally I do buy
bikes for personal use but usually not at retail. This shouldn't be a
shock to anyone.

The more appropriate question is if I'll keep it when I'm done. The
answer to that is not yet decided but I might keep one of them around.
I do like the bike quite a bit.

Old August 10th 03, 10:43 PM
Felix Audet

I'm wondering this: how do people can order a 3000$ bike without a test
ride?
cause they only sell online I think.
How many companies sell ONLY on the internet except Bigha and ActionBent?
Buying a 800$ bike on the net without tring it is okay, but I'm not sure I'd
pay 3000$
for a bike that I've never riden..
My 2Ç.

Felix