torker tx bottom bracket shell

Old March 26th 04, 12:35 PM
ubersquish

Default torker tx bottom bracket shell

is the bb shell on the torker giraffe a standard size, or is it
torker-specific?

--
ubersquish
ubersquish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4328

Old March 26th 04, 02:37 PM
UniBrier

I am not that versed in bottom brackets but I do have 8 giraffes and at
8 bikes for 17 bottom brackets (Yes I can count, one of the bikes is a
tandem) in my garage so I took an informal poll. By my observation is
there seems to be two sizes: Approx. 2 1/4" diameter and approx. 1 5/8
diameter.

The Torker TX has the smaller size.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve De Cuckoo

The Roadrunner or Ground Cuckoo can run at speeds of up to 15 miles per
hour (24 km per hour). It rarely flies and does not migrate. When it is
in danger, it runs or crouches to hide.

The RoadUnier or Cuckoo Cokier can ride at speeds of up to 15 miles per
hour (24 km per hour). It rarely flies and does not migrate. When it is
in danger it UPDs and slides.

UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old March 26th 04, 03:59 PM
ubersquish

do you know which direction the right-side threads are?

Old March 27th 04, 02:23 AM
UniBrier

I have know idea which way the threads go. Outside of greasing the
Schwinn type bottom brackets I haven't done much disassembly.

I also discovered that the larger bottom brackets go with the one piece
cranks, ie. Schwinn, and the smaller are the three piece cranks.

It looks like a standard bottom bracket, I would be surprised if it was
anything unusual.

My pool of knowledge on this seems to be quite shallow.