ID Bottom Bracket Shell

Old July 19th 17, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default ID Bottom Bracket Shell

Can anyone ID this shell?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122527034899?ul_noapp=true

Old July 19th 17, 06:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 7/19/2017 11:21 AM, wrote:
Can anyone ID this shell?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122527034899?ul_noapp=true

1. That is not a 3Rensho product. It's not even Japanese.

2. It's definitely Italian built. Mid-size factory; not an
artisan builder, not Bianchi etc.

3. I do not know. It is the same shell Basso used at one
time. Could possibly be a Basso but I do not know that.
Either he measured poorly or it's not a Basso as the
geometry as listed makes no sense:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/basso.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 20th 17, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 10:17:14 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/19/2017 11:21 AM, wrote:
Can anyone ID this shell?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122527034899?ul_noapp=true

1. That is not a 3Rensho product. It's not even Japanese.

2. It's definitely Italian built. Mid-size factory; not an
artisan builder, not Bianchi etc.

3. I do not know. It is the same shell Basso used at one
time. Could possibly be a Basso but I do not know that.
Either he measured poorly or it's not a Basso as the
geometry as listed makes no sense:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/basso.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Thanks Andrew. I've never seen a shell like that on my large number of Basso's but I suspect you've seen a lot more of them than I have.
Old July 20th 17, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
Can anyone ID this shell?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122527034899?ul_noapp=true

1. That is not a 3Rensho product. It's not even Japanese.

2. It's definitely Italian built. Mid-size factory; not an
artisan builder, not Bianchi etc.

3. I do not know. It is the same shell Basso used at one
time. Could possibly be a Basso but I do not know that.
Either he measured poorly or it's not a Basso as the
geometry as listed makes no sense:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/basso.html

Thanks Andrew. I've never seen a shell like that on my large number of Basso's but I suspect you've seen a lot more of them than I have.

Mid 1990s Gap used that shell, after the one with the panto
"B" logo was dropped.
I don't have an upside-down Basso snapshot and a web search
was fruitless.

Old July 20th 17, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
Can anyone ID this shell?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122527034899?ul_noapp=true

1. That is not a 3Rensho product. It's not even Japanese.

2. It's definitely Italian built. Mid-size factory; not an
artisan builder, not Bianchi etc.

3. I do not know. It is the same shell Basso used at one
time. Could possibly be a Basso but I do not know that.
Either he measured poorly or it's not a Basso as the
geometry as listed makes no sense:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/basso.html

Thanks Andrew. I've never seen a shell like that on my large number of Basso's but I suspect you've seen a lot more of them than I have.

Mid 1990s Gap used that shell, after the one with the panto
"B" logo was dropped.
I don't have an upside-down Basso snapshot and a web search
was fruitless.

I had several mid-90's GAP's and none of them had BB's like that.
Old July 25th 17, 06:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gregory Sutter

On 7/19/2017 11:21 AM, wrote:
Can anyone ID this shell?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122527034899?ul_noapp=true

1. That is not a 3Rensho product. It's not even Japanese.

2. It's definitely Italian built. Mid-size factory; not an
artisan builder, not Bianchi etc.

3. I do not know. It is the same shell Basso used at one
time. Could possibly be a Basso but I do not know that.
Either he measured poorly or it's not a Basso as the
geometry as listed makes no sense:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/basso.html

Mid 1990s Gap used that shell, after the one with the panto
"B" logo was dropped.
I don't have an upside-down Basso snapshot and a web search
was fruitless.

Here's the matching shell on a 1990 Basso Gap. Other details
differ, though: brake bridge, seat cluster, etc.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/133680...4/34334066944/

--
Gregory S. Sutter Mostly Harmless

http://zer0.org/~gsutter/
Old July 25th 17, 02:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 7/19/2017 11:21 AM, wrote:
Can anyone ID this shell?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122527034899?ul_noapp=true

1. That is not a 3Rensho product. It's not even Japanese.

2. It's definitely Italian built. Mid-size factory; not an
artisan builder, not Bianchi etc.

3. I do not know. It is the same shell Basso used at one
time. Could possibly be a Basso but I do not know that.
Either he measured poorly or it's not a Basso as the
geometry as listed makes no sense:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/basso.html

Mid 1990s Gap used that shell, after the one with the panto
"B" logo was dropped.
I don't have an upside-down Basso snapshot and a web search
was fruitless.

Here's the matching shell on a 1990 Basso Gap. Other details
differ, though: brake bridge, seat cluster, etc.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/133680...4/34334066944/

Thanks so much; I gave up the search after 10 minutes.
That's a Basso Gap Mexico.

Old July 25th 17, 02:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 10:37:03 PM UTC-7, Gregory Sutter wrote:

Here's the matching shell on a 1990 Basso Gap. Other details
differ, though: brake bridge, seat cluster, etc.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/133680...4/34334066944/

Thanks Greg. I let the owner know so that he could take that 3Rensho sticker off of that frame and sell it for what it was worth.
Old July 25th 17, 02:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 7/19/2017 11:21 AM, wrote:
[...]

Did they have the Olympics in Mexico in 1990? Colnago has a Super Mexico as well if memory serves.
Old July 25th 17, 05:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
[...]

It's a color series with (AFAIK) no particular deeper
meaning. Started with Black-Yellow-Green Basso Jamaica which
was popular and followed promptly by RWB Basso America then
Blue-on-Blue Europa, Raspberry-Silver Canada, Pink-Green
Mexico. (oddly, no Tricolore Italia)

p.s. Summer Olympics cities- 1988 Seoul 1992 Barcelona.
p.p.s. Merckx set the Hour in 1972 at Mexico on a Molteni
Orange Colnago with Merckx graphics.